animal_qwackers

A good dog never dies. He always stays. He walks besides you on crisp autumn days 
when frost is on the fields and winter's drawing near. His head is within our hand in his
old way."
(Mary Carolyn Davies) 

“We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this 
to us in the uncritical canine attachment.”
(George Eliot)

“Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails.”
(Max Eastman) 

“I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the 
silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source.”
(Doris Day) 

"No man can be condemned for owning a dog. As long as he has a dog, he has a friend
and the poorer he gets, the better friend he has."
(Will Rogers)

“Dogs are miracles with paws.”
(Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy)

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!"
(Theophile Gautier)

"There is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
But when we are certain of sorrow in store
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and sisters I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear."
(Rudyard Kipling)

"The dog of your boyhood teaches you a great deal about friendship, and love, and 
death: Old Skip was my brother. They had buried him under our elm tree, they said 
— yet this wasn't totally true. For he really lay buried in my heart."
(Willie Morris - 'My Dog Skip') 

"I feel about my dogs now, and all the dogs I had prior to this, the way I feel about 
children — they are that important to me. When I have lost a dog I have gone into a 
mourning period that lasted for months."
(Mary Tyler Moore) 

"I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much in losing 
a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if they were to
live double that time?"
(Sir Walter Scott)

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them; filling an emptiness we don't even know we have."
(Thom Jones) 

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Po_Po_and_The_White_Warg
Dear Wendy,

How are you?  How have things been going?  I love these quotes you posted...so true and wise. =D  I wrote back to you on my thread...but then I realized you probably would not get notice of that.  I wanted to see how your writing is going?  Good I hope....  Last week was...eh, not the best. 

But I did get Zeus's ashes back and I feel a fraction better having him home with me...of course not how I would really like it to be...but I cannot undo what has happened. I find myself just staring at his photos...like he will magically appear.  His sudden death is still so hard for me to digest.

Anyways...I hope all is well with you...  Hopefully you having something fun planned for Halloween. 

Sincerely,
Christine
I will always love you...my furry son Raptor and my furry baby Zeus.  How wise you both were....you taught me so much.  I learned that it was I, who needed you....
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Hi, Christine,

Hope things are ok with you. I'm up and down, but have had a pretty bad week overall. I have cried so much this week for my babies. It's one step forward and ten steps back.

I'm also having to wear a splint on my left hand as the doctor believes I may have carpal tunnel syndrome. I have to wear the splint for four weeks then go back to see him. If the symptoms still exist, my doc will refer me to a neurologist. It never rains, eh?

I can understand why you stare at photos thinking your boy will magically appear. I do the same thing, then, when nothing happens, I get angry, worked up, and bawl my eyes out. I've beaten a few walls this week as I have been so frustrated at the loss of my beautiful dog and cat. I know I have to just work through out but it's so difficult at times.

I didn't do anything on Halloween, in fact I was in bed at 8pm last night as I wasn't feeling great. The silence in the house is deafening, and I miss my friends so much :(

Wendy x

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0