Zoeysmom
My best friend of 15 years became and angel at 2pm today- Her body was detoriating- she was not gaining weight, she has dementia- this all started 6 months ago- she went from 21 pounds to ten in a year- I swore I would never put her to sleep- but day and night she would circle and circle- mostly blind due to cataracts- hardly muscle left- Her tongue was pale and I knew today I had to listen to her and set her free- My heart is aching and my head is pounding from crying- I can't even post a memorial without loosing it- I am in disbelief- I have never had a family member in my life this long- Zoey was my family- she has seen through marriage, motherhood and college graduation- Now she is gone- I assured her I loved her and she was the best dog ever- she was definetly a character- Saved her from the shelter at 6 weeks and she saved me for 15 almost 16 years- about half my life- Thank you God for such a blessing and please let me see this angel again- To each of you who lost a pet today, this week- I am here for you- I am in your shoes- I send you a virtual hug and pray that you find some peace tonight- that comfort surrounds you
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Hi Kelly,
I am so sorry that you too are going through this overwhelming pain and heartbreak after saying goodbye to your most precious Zoey.  I understand the intense feelings of grief and emptiness. 

You are right, Zoey is your family, just like Bella is mine and because of that we will grieve deeply.  We feel those mixed feelings of immense sadness, coupled with overwhelming gratitude for what we were lucky enough to have with our dear, sweet companions.  That is one of the things that helps me cope with the loss....knowing that I would not give up one second of my time with Bella, even if I could take away this pain.  I know that you feel exactly the same about your beautiful girl.  God blessed us with such a great gift and our lives have been so much richer because of them.

The other thing that helps me cope is a belief that "we" are not over, just on hold until our time comes and then we will be reunited with Zoey and Bella.  What a wonderful reunion it will be.  It will be hard without them, and we will miss them every day, but when we are together again, it will be forever.....and that is a very long time!

When you are feeling up to it, post some photos of your sweet girl, Zoey.  I love to see who my gorgeous Bella is playing with at Rainbow Bridge.
I wish you peace and healing.
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Hi, Kelly,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved companion, Zoey. I can understand the grief and heartache you must feel after losing a friend who was with you for half of your life and has been with you through so many monumental moments.

I agree with Karen that when our four-legged friends pass, it is not a final goodbye, it is simply a farewell until we meet again and when we do it will be forever.

The loss you are experiencing now is raw. Your heart is bleeding and you will feel the void, the emptiness, the silence, which feels as if you are being suffocated. I have lost two of my beloved friends this year. My beautiful tabby cat, Gonzo, passed on 17th July with cancer, my handsome German Shepherd, Solly, passed on 22nd September with heart and renal failure. Both of them had their own character and personality. Both of them meant more to me than words can say and I feel their loss every day.

Zoey is now at peace, no longer suffering, no longer ill. She is at Rainbow Bridge running free with all the other wonderful companions who have made their way there. She will always be with you in spirit. Hold on to that and as time passes, remember the joy, light, and richness she brought to your life.

Despite the fact that everyone deals with loss and grief in a different way, all on this forum have loved and lost one, or more, beautiful friends. You are in good company.

Take care of yourself and may you find peace and comfort.

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Ravensmommy
Hi Kelly,
I'm so, so sorry. I lost my sweet Raven on Tuesday evening and I understand your grief. Raven was a rescue as well, but like you felt with Zoey, I knew that Raven was the one who really rescued me. I miss her so much. I keep looking for her. I miss her sweet kisses and I miss her snuggles in bed at night. My thoughts are with you. Perhaps knowing that others are grieving with you will give you a small bit of comfort.
Hugs,
Melissa
Mommy will always love you and keep you in her heart, my dear sweet Raven.
Quote 0 0
Po_Po_and_The_White_Warg
Dear Kelly,

I am so sorry for your loss...there is nothing as pure as our furbabies love.  The pain...of losing them is like nothing else either.  Take solace in knowing she loved you with all her heart and you gave her the best life she could ever have!!!  I lost two within 8 weeks...and the devastation is so great...so deep.  However, this forum has really helped...knowing there are others whom are grieving just the same. 

Your Zoey was so beautiful...what a loving baby!  I can see the love in her eyes.  And you know what? You eased her suffering.  She is no longer in pain...sometimes we have to listen to them and let them go to the rainbow bridge when it's time.  Sending lots of hugs your way....

~Christine
I will always love you...my furry son Raptor and my furry baby Zeus.  How wise you both were....you taught me so much.  I learned that it was I, who needed you....
Quote 0 0