GoldenLove Show full post »
Dalidog
I wept as I read your tribute to Divot.  It truly touched me, your undying love for your baby is so obvious.  Your writing was beautiful and so on point for all of us.  Thank you!  I know your Divot is at the bridge waiting for you, miracles come to those who believe.  Hugs to you and Divot from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
GoldenLove
In memory of a Golden friend Hawley D (Harley Davidson) who crossed the Bridge yesterday. I loved him as if he was my own. So heartbroken. Please take care of him my angel Divot.

September 6, 2002 - July 30, 2015
Quote 0 0
jaschutz
Terri,

Thank you so much for the kind and encouraging words on London's thread. I am so sorry it has taken a while for me to respond back to you! I have had such trouble lately finding the courage to respond to people. Not because I don't have anything to say but sometimes my heart just feels so heavy that it feels impossible to do even the simplest tasks. It is so hard to lose our best friends, especially that of a Golden retriever. I know I am biased because I have grown up with Goldens but they truly are such a loving, loyal, wise dog. I find myself missing having that dog presence in my life but cannot bring myself to get another dog, at least not yet.

The words you write to Divot are so powerful and meaningful, they bring tears to my eyes. They speak what all pet parents on this forum feel when we lose our babies. It can be so difficult figuring out how to pick up our lives and move forward. I am still struggling with that. Granted that it has been a little less than a year since London has left me, I know this grief is something that we all learn to live with and learning to accept to the little moments that London and Divot send us signs. Any words of encouragement from people on here mean so much to me. Thanks for taking the time to think of us. Hope you are doing okay.
Jamie

You can visit London's memorial at:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/LONDO001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
GoldenLove
HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY to you and your sister! I miss you two so very much! Life will never be the same. My heart aches as much as the day I had to let you go.

I wanted to release some balloons today, but unfortunately it rained all day and the sky was thick with grey clouds. Symbolic of how I was feeling today. I hope you and sis had a wonderful celebration!

Missing you more than words can say.

Love you my sweet boy.

Mom
Quote 0 0
GoldenLove

June 5, 2014 . . .the day my world changed forever.  How can it be that 2 years have gone by?  Time has marched on without me.  It feels as though the pain has only deepened.  The numbness of that day has since worn off and the reality of it all painfully pierces every day.  

I miss you so much my sweet Divot.  I am so, so lonely without you.  I hope you can feel the love I send to you each day.

Be happy and run to your heart's content.  Please stay close to your sister for me.  You were my two peas in a pod!  

Goodnight my golden boy.  I'll love you forever.

Mom
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
GoldenLove,
I just wanted to add my condolences on the loss of your beloved Divot! You are so right: time does march on but we never forget our beautiful friends. They will live in our hearts forever.
Blessings
MJ
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
GoldenLove~  I didn't even realize my tears could flow so fast but after reading your letter to Divot '...and I remain', my heart feels your pain. Your love for Divot is so deep & true that it moved me beyond words. It is a profound loss. I understand. Having passed the 2 year anniversary of Divot's passing,  I hope that you receive even more healing signs from your boy. Thank you for sharing your story in such a beautiful tribute to Divot. It's been over 7 months since my Lucy passed. I haven't been able to start a post about her. But I've found much comfort in reading all of the forum stories of heart & soul connections. Hugs, Kasey
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12

Golden.  I am so sorry for the loss of Divot.  What you say is true.  No matter how much time goes by we will never forget our babies.  I lost Winston 3/2/16. I grieve and cry everyday.  Sometimes I feel I get worse instead of better.  We all have our time frames for grieving.  Winston is gone, ad is Divot, time will lessen the shock a little, but there will be forever a hole in our hearts.   Sue

Susan
Quote 0 0
Zoeylove
This tribute is so profoundly beautiful.  What a gift you give to us by creating the words our hearts are trying to express.  It gave me such comfort to know that there is someone out there who understands the abyss that I am feeling and the enormous void that was once what seems only a heartbeat ago filled with the most breathtaking love and devotion - that I so deeply miss giving and receiving.  Thank you for sharing.
Quote 0 0