hinhan0748 Show full post »
hinhan0748
Dalidog wrote:
Those moments when you forget they are gone are so happy, until the realization sets in.  I hope you are doing okay.  There are no words, as I don't find it getting any easier.  I cry every day, some more than others.  The emptiness is horrible.  I'm sure your other dog misses his buddy.  It has to be hard on them too.  I don't know when/if it will ever get easier.  I hope it does for you and for your little buddy.

I went to make popcorn this afternoon but couldn't. Shunka loved, loved, loved popcorn. He would hear it in the microwave and begin to dance in the kitchen. He loved to lay on the back of the couch. He isn't there. There are two ways to get into our house, through the front door or up the stairs from the garage. Shunka would stand at the top of the garage stairs, with his silly little bowed legs, wagging his tail as I walked up the stairs. I don't think I will ever come up that way again. My Diver does miss his friend. He seems so lost too. Thank you for understanding. I know you are going through the same sadness and your heart hurts just as mine does.

Shunka's Mom

Quote 0 0
loft2111
Dear Shunka's mom,
Memories of Shunka will be everywhere.  Like you the first few weeks my Little Man was not here I kept avoiding all his spots, now five weeks later I realized the whole house was his spot! He is everywhere, under the table, by the front door, bottom of the stairs staring up at me, in the back room and so on.  It's terrible isn't it? This awful deep grief, there are literally no words that can describe the pain.  I told a few of my friends that have soul dogs that I wouldn't wish this feeling on anyone and for them to be prepared because it will be the hardest thing they will ever go through.  I'm almost 39, I have been through some things in my life, but nothing comes close to this pain and the loss of my beautiful Little Man.  My thoughts are with you.  The popcorn story sounds so cute, I can just picture the dancing in my head and it brings a smile to my face. I think when we all start to heal a bit it will be nice to share our happy memories and funny stories of our babies.
Take care
Little Man's mom
Quote 0 0
hinhan0748
Thank you for understanding what no one else seems to at this point. This isn't simply the loss of a beloved pet. I have dealt with that before and it is painful and sad. This is far more than that. This is the loss of a piece of me, as you say, my soul. I have so many happy, funny memories of Shunka just as I am sure you have of your Little Man. I do want them to come to the forefront so that they overshadow this emptiness. The wound is still so new. I am going away for a few days to visit my oldest friend in another state. I hope the distance will help a little. I have to find my strength just as we all do. That is why being here is helpful. I have kindred spirits with whom I can travel this painful path. Thank you again.

Shunka's Mom

Quote 0 0
hinhan0748
It has only been a week. Why does it feel like my baby has been gone so long? Every day he was with me, he slept with me, walked with me, kept me company and made me laugh. He was my friend, my family, my Shunkie. People keep trying to help...get a new dog...you will learn to love a new one just like you did with Shunka. They don't understand, it isn't that easy. He and I were closer than I have ever been with any of my other pets, even though I adored them. Shunka was part of my soul. You don't replace you soul. Ever. The vet called today. His ashes are back and I need to go pick them up. That will make it too final, too real. I know I have to bring him home but I am afraid to walk into the vet's office. I am afraid to hold that little wooden box. I am still so sad.

Shunka's Mom

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Shunka's Mom...   I certainly understand everything you say.  Even after one day it seemed a long time ago...and each day that passes makes it seem like a lifetime ago since I was "whole" with my baby.  Do things on your own terms.  Cry, write, honor your baby...  you will know if/when you want another pet.  I KNOW I never want another, my Dali is my daughter and I have no desire for another pet.  I understand totally what you write.  I, too, have had other pets but they did not affect me as my baby did.  When your pet is your best friend, your companion, you sleep with them, eat with them, talk to them...yes..I understand.  It is very hard to accept...grieve at your own pace, I know I will probably grieve forever as my heart is broken.  When people say it will "be okay"...I ask "HOW", knowing it never will.  Take care of your health and, despite the sadness, try to think of the good times with Shunka.  Her spirit is alive....

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
fonziesmom
Your Shunka was beautiful. I love his markings.
I also understand all you say. I have had other dogs and even still have Fonzie's older sister. I have always loved and loved and loved Bessie, Fonzie's sister. But Fonzie was a part of me. He was my soul dog for sure.
My husband wants another dog to keep Bessie company and to help me. It would not help me. There is no replacing my Fonzie.
I totally understand that you feel that about Shunka.
I will say...I didn't want to go her Fonzie's ashes by myself. I stayed in the car and my husband brought them to me. I was dreading it...the finality. But having him home...knowing that's him...I hug his urn and talk to him. It's a small, odd, comfort but I am glad he is here with me.
I will love and miss you forever, My Fonzie Bear...
Quote 0 0
hinhan0748
Dalidog wrote:
Shunka's Mom...   I certainly understand everything you say.  Even after one day it seemed a long time ago...and each day that passes makes it seem like a lifetime ago since I was "whole" with my baby.  Do things on your own terms.  Cry, write, honor your baby...  you will know if/when you want another pet.  I KNOW I never want another, my Dali is my daughter and I have no desire for another pet.  I understand totally what you write.  I, too, have had other pets but they did not affect me as my baby did.  When your pet is your best friend, your companion, you sleep with them, eat with them, talk to them...yes..I understand.  It is very hard to accept...grieve at your own pace, I know I will probably grieve forever as my heart is broken.  When people say it will "be okay"...I ask "HOW", knowing it never will.  Take care of your health and, despite the sadness, try to think of the good times with Shunka.  Her spirit is alive....

It is so good to have people here who understand. My Shunka was so much more than a pet. He was more than a dog. He was part of me. To try and replace him would be like trying to replace my soul. IT can't be done. I know I will come to a time when I will not cry every time I hear his name. I want that time to come because I know how sad he would be to see me unhappy. He never failed to bring me smiles and laughter. He is in my heart but, oh how I wish I could still pick him up and laugh with him. Thank you for being here for me.

Shunka's Mom

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
It is always good to have people who understand, and everyone on here does.  I get angry when someone tells me I need a new "dog".  NOOOO.  I feel as if I lost one of my children, my baby IS a baby to me. And one that loves unconditional.  You are right, I don't think they would like us to be unhappy, as they spent their whole lives making us happy.  But grief is hard.  After 6 weeks I have good days and bad days, meaning some I cry and am sad less than others.  When I get a sign from my Dali I am so happy and comforted.  But when I think of her not being here for me to cook for, groom, love, walk, take care (although she obviously took care of me), I get very sad.  The little things mean so much now.  Don't let anyone tell you that you have to move on, get over it, or whatever. You don't ever get over it, you just learn to live day by day and it changes your whole perspective on life.  Take care of yourself..HUGS

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0
hinhan0748
fonziesmom wrote:
Your Shunka was beautiful. I love his markings. I also understand all you say. I have had other dogs and even still have Fonzie's older sister. I have always loved and loved and loved Bessie, Fonzie's sister. But Fonzie was a part of me. He was my soul dog for sure. My husband wants another dog to keep Bessie company and to help me. It would not help me. There is no replacing my Fonzie. I totally understand that you feel that about Shunka. I will say...I didn't want to go her Fonzie's ashes by myself. I stayed in the car and my husband brought them to me. I was dreading it...the finality. But having him home...knowing that's him...I hug his urn and talk to him. It's a small, odd, comfort but I am glad he is here with me.

I wasn't even going to go to the vet to pick up Shunka's ashes but I went with my husband and I am glad I did. They all loved him so, and it does feel right that he should be here with me. They made a little plaque with his paw print. I have already found myself talking to him now that he's here. I walked my other dog this afternoon. I do so love that big goofy animal. But he isn't Shunka and Shunka was my soul dog so I understand how you feel. My husband thinks a new little guy will make me happy but I can't even think of another dog at this point. Even if another one came into my life it could never be what this amazing, wonderful, funny little guy was to me. I am ready to say never again. It is nice to come here and see that I am understood by others who are going through this because so many people don't. Thank you.

Shunka's Mom

Quote 0 0
hinhan0748
I have a story to tell everyone, please believe what I am about to say because it is rather remarkable. Shunka and Diver always slept on our bed. Diver still does. Early this morning, about 4 AM, I awakened to the dog jumping off the bed. That always means he has to go to the bathroom. I heard his toenails hit the floor and heard the tags on his collar jingle. It also awakened my husband who, half awake, got out of bed to let Diver out. Since I was awake I decided to get up and go to the bathroom too. As I stood up I noticed that Diver was still on the bed, sound asleep. The dog nails, the jingling tags were NOT HIM! Then I thought about it. Diver's tags never jingle. Shunka's did. When Diver jumps off the bed his toenails don't tap, tap like that. Shunka's did. I laid back down smiling for the first time since I lost my little guy. He's here, watching over us...and waking us at the crack of dawn!!! 

Shunka's Mom

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
What a wonderful story!  Your beautiful Shunka sent you a sign that he is okay.  Treasure it and keep it close to you always.  He is there watching over you.  I have had remarkable signs from my Dali also, and I wouldn't have believed it if it hadn't really happened.  That unconditional love you have for Shunka is there, and his for you. 

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0