Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
SchnauzsMom

Reply with quote  #16 

Dear Rick,

Please accept my deepest sympathy -- experiencing such a tragedy is unimaginable to me -- I wish I knew what to say except I am so very sorry and Cash is darling.   All doggies should know such love as you obviously have for Cash and Trinity.    The headstone you made is amazingly beautiful.
God bless you and Cash's Mom and Trinity who I know deeply misses your little boy, too

-Schnauz's Mom
Rick530

Reply with quote  #17 

Thank you. We all miss him very much. I just happen to be the one with the most access to a computer. That and I think Trinity would rather chew on the laptop than type on it. Were just taking it one day at a time. And wow are the days long and the nights are even longer. One minute I'm feeling better and the next I'm a mess again...

reovi

Reply with quote  #18 
Don't feel bad because you are letting Trinity do things that had belonged to Cash.  Since Trinity is probably grieving too, a little bit of leniency probably doesn't hurt to get Trinity's mind off things...  Plus I have heard from several people that changing the routine of your surviving grieving dogs is the best way to help them.  

What you said about Buddy is how I think...I believe my boy can hear and see and walk now and I hope he can hear me and see the squirrels and run like the wind!
Rick530

Reply with quote  #19 

Yeah she is grieving as well. She hasent been the same since that evening. She was already very clingy but now she is even more so. She can be asleep on her bed and if I get up at night she will wake up and follow me around. I think alot of it stupid as it may sound is since I really hope and believe that my Cash is watching over us I didnt want to make him jelous. I know it sounds so dumb. I just really really dont want to disrespect him.

MagzMom

Reply with quote  #20 
I am so sorry for your loss Rick.  It will soon be 2 weeks since my Maggie has been gone.  I just break down and cry throughout the day, wake from sleep crying, I just miss her so much.  I wish you and your family peace.  We are all struggling here.....
reovi

Reply with quote  #21 
Apparently that is a common issue seen in surviving grieving dogs, to the point where they can get separation anxiety.  I guess this is exacerbated by people coddling them more, but who doesn't do that?  I don't know anyone who doesn't try to comfort their grieving dog.  Maybe changing things up like you have been will help Trinity cope more and eventually she will be comfortable again and relax a bit.  It's hard to say...I don't think there is a 'normal' anything when it comes to losing our babies like this...
Tova

Reply with quote  #22 
I just lost my baby yesterday morning, she had surgery the night before, yet she died on my kitchen floor the next afternoon,she was only 4, an English mastiff, i cant believe she's gone, i miss her so much, she was my best friend, and my little girl. i cant eat or sleep, i just miss her and want her back, i still think i hear her nails on the tile, its 5 am and i'm crying and shaking cos i now know i won't see her anymore, i'm so lost without her, especially at night,  she'd normally be here with me on the couch, i'm wondering is there something i did or didnt do when she came home from surgery, it was so sudden, no one knows why. i like to think God needed her back, i just hope she went painlessly and peacefully, i didnt even realise it was happening until she was gone. i can never replace her, reading ur story, i know i'm not alone in feeling this way, our angels r happy now though, probably looking down at us laughing at our silliness lol
rrawson

Reply with quote  #23 

i know what you are experiencing i lost my companion last night ,i ask my self y .i am mad at god ,I'm just lost ,i know that what u and i are going through is a natural process but it is still a heavy weight for anyone to burden . it has helped me just reaching out to you and your family brighter days are ahead and our missing friends will live on in our memories i hope this helped and wasn't me just rambling 

Rick530

Reply with quote  #24 

Well it's been 2 weeks since my lil boy left us. Were all doing a bit better. Planted a nice shade tree and some flowers where we laid him to rest. Day before yesterday Trinity ws in the back yard and was actually playing with a giant ball on a rope that Cash always played with. We've tried and tried to get her to play with it but she never would. I didn't see it but my neighbor and girlfriend did. They told me she was throwing it un in the air, chasing it and just running around in circles through the yard having a great time. Wish I could have seen her. Came across Cash's naem tag from his coller. Put it on my key chin that is always on me. Makes me feel a bit better that part of him is always with me and is never left behind. I really want to thank all you people here. It was some of the darkest days around our house after this happoned and talking to all of you really did help.

Rick530

Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tova
I just lost my baby yesterday morning, she had surgery the night before, yet she died on my kitchen floor the next afternoon,she was only 4, an English mastiff, i cant believe she's gone, i miss her so much, she was my best friend, and my little girl. i cant eat or sleep, i just miss her and want her back, i still think i hear her nails on the tile, its 5 am and i'm crying and shaking cos i now know i won't see her anymore, i'm so lost without her, especially at night,  she'd normally be here with me on the couch, i'm wondering is there something i did or didnt do when she came home from surgery, it was so sudden, no one knows why. i like to think God needed her back, i just hope she went painlessly and peacefully, i didnt even realise it was happening until she was gone. i can never replace her, reading ur story, i know i'm not alone in feeling this way, our angels r happy now though, probably looking down at us laughing at our silliness lol
  You will see her again Tova. I have never been a religious or spiritual person but I truely believe we will see our fallen friends and family once again.

Tricia

Reply with quote  #26 
Dear Rick,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Cash. She is so beautiful!  Please accept my deepest sympathy.  Our babies take such a big piece of our hearts with them when they have to leave us and that can never be replaced. I pray that peace and comfort will come to you in the days ahead and all the precious memories of Cash will bring you smiles and ofcourse no matter how much time goes by there will be tears. We just love and miss then so much. Her spirit will always and forever live in your heart.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you,.

Blessings and hugs to you both,

Tricia, Burton & Ozzie's mom

Attached Images
jpeg BurtonandOzzie2.jpg (179.16 KB, 2 views)

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet

eliza

Reply with quote  #27 
As for letting Trinity sleep where Cash did, please keep that going. I lost my Rottweiler two months ago. My cat still plays with his favorite tennis ball, and sleeps where Sebastian died. Trinity may need to be there. The other babies grieve, too, and you may need to help them through it. No matter how hard it is. They miss Cash, just as you do. 

Rick530

Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza
As for letting Trinity sleep where Cash did, please keep that going. I lost my Rottweiler two months ago. My cat still plays with his favorite tennis ball, and sleeps where Sebastian died. Trinity may need to be there. The other babies grieve, too, and you may need to help them through it. No matter how hard it is. They miss Cash, just as you do. 

Yeah we have been letting her sleep there. I know Trinity definatly misses him. He was her playmate. He kept her in shape from chasing him. Such a bummer....

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.