myfurbabies
I am new to this forum. I have had the worst 15 months that I can remember! Last Sept. my most favorite Aunt died. Oct. my 8 yr. old, bottle fed cat died after being in ICU for a week. We did everything that was possible & some things the ICU vet didn't think would work we did anyway. I visited him daily & got to hold him. Looked like he was improving & I wanted to take him home & care for him, even if only a short time. Sunday visit was good. I went in Monday to meet with ICU vet to make all the arrangement & I could tell he was "DONE" fighting to live. I had to put him to sleep & I haven't gotten over that yet. Jan. this year had to put one of my 16 yr. old cats to sleep after long battle with kidney failure. July had to put my other 16 yr. old cat to sleep - she too had a long battle with kidney failure. I was devastated to have lost all my cats! I was going to a support group at local SPCA, which helped a lot. I had to stop due to distance to travel. Aug. we adopted an 8 yr. old & 6 yr. old who the owners could not find placement for. The 8 yr. old was so traumatized, depressed & stressed that she stopped eating & had liver disease. I had to syringe feed her or she would have died - she is now a healthy 11 pound , happy cat. The new cats helped me some with my loss. Now my latest losses. My Dad died early Dec. Christmas day my neighbor brought me a few day old kitten who along with a dead sibling was found out in the cold Christmas eve. I fed her every 2 hours, kept her warm & loved her. I guess that wasn't enough, because she died the next day. I am devastated by this loss & it brings back all the grief I guess I haven't worked through with my other losses. After my 8 yr. old died I thought I was going crazy with grief. People just don't understand when we grieve so long for a beloved pet & no one wants to hear that a year later I am still sad. And I am sad & hope I can be happy again.
Barbara White
Quote 0 0
shantismom
So sorry to hear of all your losses, no wonder you are so heartbroken.  I still grieve for a cat I lost in 2008 and two months ago I lost the cat love of my life.
You have suffered so many losses, no time to fully get over one and then faced with another.  I will be praying for you.
You gave all your babies a loving home and did what you could, they knew you loved them as did your Aunt and your Dad.  
May God give you comfort in the days and weeks ahead.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
myfurbabies
Sorry for your loss too! Thanks for the kind words. New Years Day, cold, rainy, dark - makes for a depressing day.
Barbara White
Quote 0 0
GrouchyGirl
I am so sorry for all of the loss you have experienced over the past 15 months. That is a lot for anyone to endure.  I think that when you go through multiple losses, such as you have been through, the grief starts to compile.   I have lost two sisters to cancer and now, my two dear cats (over a period of time, not close together like you have) and I think that this last loss I have gone through I am grieving the loss of everyone. Like, once you experience so much loss, it all comes back when you have to reopen the door of grief :(  I am not in a great place myself right now, so I wish I had more encouragement to offer, I know how you feel and hope we can both work through this pain and heartache. 

[9553d203-1a14-479e-adf1-0f8959921bed] 
Emma and her girl...best friends forever!
Quote 0 0
Puppi4eva
Losing a beloved one is so hard to cope with. You feel like you just don't know what to do to make the pain in your heart go away. I know it takes time but you just wish it didn't.

I lost my beautiful cat yesterday, I had to make the decision to put her down as she too was going through kidney failure but it happened within a month she just got sick so quickly that i didn't know until she lost a lot of weight. When i took her to the vet we tried treatment but she got worse on nye and new years day i couldn't watch her anymore suffer. It was the hardest thing to do in my whole entire life. I couldn't be selfish and take her home to have her for a day or two it would of not been fair to her and she deserved no pain anymore. I have had her for 16 years and even though she lived an amazing and happy life it doesn't make it any easier to accept that she's gone.

I feel so empty inside and so lonely she was my rock. When i went through bad times she was there for me no matter what. Now when i need here more then ever she's left and I just miss her so much. 

I just don't know how to cope. No one at home understands me. They just telling met to move on she was a pet. Too me she wasn't she was my best friend. I just wish i could see her again and pat her she always made me feel better. 

Marina 
Quote 0 0
GrouchyGirl
Marina,

I am so sorry for the loss of your girl.  I am sorry that your family is being so insensitive.  Anyone that we share 16 year s of our lives with we are going to grieve and miss, that is a perfectly normal human response.  Animals are our family members too, we invest love and time and emotions into the relationships we share with them and they are often so loyal and so loving and forgiving in return.  When Emma crossed the Rainbow Bridge, my 10 year old daughter made a list of 51 things she loved about Emma. I was touched because two items on that list were that Emma never hurt her feelings and that Emma never held a grudge.  This is why we love our furry friends so much!! I hope you find some comfort for your broken heart among your animal loving friends here. You are not alone and your precious girl is now safe and healthy, running with all the other beloved companions of people that went before her.   I take comfort in knowing they are no longer in pain or poor health.  ((hugs)) to you. 

[9553d203-1a14-479e-adf1-0f8959921bed] 
Emma and her girl...best friends forever!
Quote 0 0
Puppi4eva
Thank you for your response. The chat is obviously not working. 
Yes it is hard not having the support and understanding from members of the family. I guess everyone is different. 
That is so sweet that your girl wrote that about her. Just makes you realise how special they truly were. 
My beautiful girl was the same she made me feel like everything was going to be okay. 
Everyone just keeps telling me remember that she had a long and happy 16 years of life and i know that but it just makes me miss her. 
I am in my room right now and i keep looking at the bed and she's not there. She's not there to curl up or to purr. I look at her photos and i just cry so much i wish i could see her again and hug her, i know that would make everything go away. I don't know how to accept that she's gone. 
Marina 
Quote 0 0
myfurbabies
People say "why do you keep getting more cats when it hurts so much to lose them?".  But we wouldn't have had all those wonderful years of unconditional love if we did not have our fur babies. Even after only having my last newborn kitten for only a day & a half I had already bonded with her.  It is good to have a place to go & share our thoughts & know others understand and don't think we are crazy for grieving so long & hard. After I lost my last 16 yr. old I was not ready to get another cat, but the house was SO EMPTY without a cat. When the 2 older cats needed someone to take them , I just knew they had to come home with us.
Barbara White
Quote 0 0
Puppi4eva
I come here on this forum everyday. It's nice to know that we are not alone. 
I lost my baby 3 days ago. I have been crying every moment i think about her. I look into my room and she's not there anymore. I keep hoping she will come back to me and that she just went away for a little bit and will be together again. Not many people understand me and just say to me move on its just a cat. She was not just a cat to me she was my best friend. 
When I was lonely or going through things i turned to her for comfort and she made me feel better. Now she's not here anymore and i need her. 
I miss her soo much more than words can explain. I am not coping well at all and want to cry all the time knowing she's gone, that she has left and even though i know she's gone to a better place and is pain free and healthy again I still miss her like crazy. I look at her photo and just wish she could jump out of it to hear her purr again or sleep on me again. 
What will I do without you my best friend. I love you so much. Forever will. I am hopefully that oneway we will be together again. 
Marina 
Quote 0 0
myfurbabies
My thoughts are with you! We are all together in this sad time. I am glad to have a place to come where people do understand. The only thing we can believe is we will be together again with our fur babies & I feel better knowing all my cats are together playing & lying in the sun.
Barbara White
Quote 0 0
Puppi4eva
It is nice to know that we are not crazy as some people would put that to us. I don't care about what others say i just wish they didn't have to say thing like ' its just a pet get over it'. It just hurts to hear those words especially from people who are your family. 

We had a heat wave for the past 3 days and today finally cooled down and rained. Yesterday i went out of the house for a walk and i felt better to breathe fresh air. Though my precious baby was on my mind the whole way. I came home and that empty painful feeling came back again. Its awful! it hurts so much and no one can take it away except my precious girl but she's gone. 

I just wish i could see her again just one last time, hold her in my arms kiss her and tell her that i will always love her forever. I miss her so much that i sometimes feel it gets harder as each day passes and she is not here. Every morning i wake up and let my tears flow, she's not on my bed sleeping in her cute way she did she's no where to be seen or heard. I feel so alone without her.

Everyone keeps telling me i need to celebrate her life because she had a long full filling happy life. I just can't seem to do that yet, how can i celebrate anything if she's not here anymore, how can i if my heart misses her so much. 

Marina 
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Dear, Marina,

I am truly sorry to hear of the paralysing time you have had of late. My heart goes out to you. You must allow yourself to grieve the only way you can. We are all individual when it comes to the devastation of losing one or more of our wonderful four-legged friends. I have learned how to pay no heed to those who say "move on, it was just a dog/cat/horse whatever, buy another one" and all the other insensitive guff that people tend to spout. Sometimes, people say it best when they say nothing at all. I would much rather the silence instead of the numerous ill-conceived, pointless idioms that flow from pointless lips and cut to the quick. 

You will learn to celebrate your baby's life in your own time. Grief cannot be forced; there is no right or wrong way, no time limit, no knowing when life will become more bearable.

I lost my wonderful tabby cat in July, and my beautiful German Shepherd in September. Gonzo, my cat, was my feline soul mate, and Solly dog was my canine soul mate. Today, I have regressed, back to a few months ago. I thought I was on the mend, but, like a sledgehammer, black grief has hit me again. It's as if I am reliving the devastation when I discovered Solly had congestive heart failure, the weeks of wondering not 'if', but 'when', the shock of Gonzo being diagnosed with cancer, his parting three days later, helping my Solly as best I could, clinging on in desperation not knowing when he would go, as well as grieving for my beloved cat. The stress, the torment, the nights of little or no sleep then, eventually, the crippling decision to end my Solly's journey in this world. I have lost a few pets, but the loss of Gonzo and Solly has truly scarred me. 

We never stop grieving for those we have loved and lost. Time heals I know, I have been there before, but the loss of my two beloved boys has hit me with such cataclysmic power, it's almost as if I have been caught in a twister. Some days the grief comes in waves like a tsunami, other days, it's more a gentle lapping at the shore, but always ready to break free with the terror that this time, I may drown.

I do wish you the very best in dealing with this and hope, in time, you will adjust and adapt to a life without your precious girl. She will remain forever at your side, although I understand how you just want one more day with her. I have the same wishes and thoughts too, although I know that one more day would simply not be enough.

My thoughts are with you.

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Puppi4eva
Thank you for your kind words. You are right sometimes I wish people do not say anything rather than them saying those horrible words it makes me so angry. 
I am allowing myself to grieve and I do believe that in time it will get better i will start my life again but for now i just can't seem to do anything. I miss her all the time especially when I'm all alone at home. I go to her spot where she used to sleep and lay and cry and cry wishing she could just come back. It is hard to come to the terms that they are gone when oneway they are here with us making our lives better and then the next there gone no where to be seen nor heard. 
I have other furry baby's i need to take care of but when i look at them i just want her back more than anything. I miss her so much, every morning i wake up i look at her photo and cry. 
Today is one week since she slept in my bed with me, it's like she knew it was her time to go and she prepared me to sleep alone without her. Even though i want one more day with her you are right that one day would not be enough and i don't think i could say good bye again. 
I am sorry for your loss as well i could only imagine the hurt and the pain. Its the most hardest thing to say good bye to them and the guilt is even more harder sometimes. I miss her so much that i feel like i don't have anymore tears left. 
I miss you baby Girl, I love you forever till we meet again. 

Marina 
Quote 0 0