Stephanie50266
Good morning.

My Miniature Schnauzer, Kipton, passed away just four days ago on Dec. 6 after a 6 month battle with cancer. He did well most of those 6 months but the last couple of weeks were pretty rough.

Since he's been gone I've been obsessing over remembering how it felt to pick him up and hold him. I don't want to forget. He was the perfect size to hold and carry like a little baby. I just miss him so much I can barely handle it. I loved him immensely.

Even with my family around me (husband and 3 kids) and our 3 cats still here, I feel alone. I have a knot in my stomach and feel a huge void and emptiness in our home without Kipton. He used to follow me everywhere and when I'd pick him up he would lay his head on my shoulder and I could tell he was so happy.

I know there's nothing I can do but take it day by day. I just wanted to get my feelings out there to others who know how I'm feeling. I don't know if I'll ever completely get over losing him.

Stephanie
Stephanie
Mommy to Kipton, 11/30/10 - 12/06/17
Quote 0 0
carmens_mom
What an absolute beauty Kipton is!  Stephanie, I am so very sorry for your loss.  I truly understand your feeling of alone-ness.  I struggle with understanding how someone so small can take over a human life so completely but they do! 

Like you, for me it was also one day at a time as I struggled to learn how to deal with such a suffering blow.  I will admit, some days were really ugly and frightening.  Some days were okay but none of the days have ever been as good as they used to be.  I have reconciled myself to the fact that there will always be a gaping hole in my heart which I am committed to filling with memories of the fun adventures and unconditional love we shared.   The one thing that does keep me going day to day is that I know I will see my precious Carmen and Gigi once again at Rainbow Bridge and that makes me smile. 
My warmest regards,  Carmen's and Gigi's mom - alicia
Quote 1 0
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever
Hi Stephanie, I'm so sorry for your loss of Tipton. What a handsome boy! You will never forget...in fact, each day will bring you more and more connection to Tipton. I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but in time, Tipton will show you in many ways that he's still right with you, very close wherever you are, and snuggled up in your heart. Our babies are forever connected to us, and the bond of love strengthens every day. Watch for beautiful signs all around you from your sweet little boy. The loss of our little soulmates is devastating to our routine...they take care of us even more than we take care of them. Be kind to yourself as you begin to heal, and please know there are many friends here with you sharing your journey, and our babies are with Tipton having fun at the Bridge, happy, healthy and pain free, until we hold them again. Take care.

Molly's Mom...Dawn
Love you infinitely our little Molly. Forever and ever XOXO
Quote 1 0
Korrasdad
Stephanie, so sorry for your loss. Tipton looked to be quite a gentleman. I know exactly what you are feeling...everything is grey now. Not much joy in anything, for now. I often wonder about holding Korra too. I loved to bury my face in the soft fur under her ears and just breathe in her smell. I miss that so much. I see that photo of you behind Tipton with your eyes closed and it reminds me of how I used to hold Korra. Thank you for sharing that particular picture. I hope you start to find peace in the coming days, we are all waiting for the time we can remember with more joy, and less grief.
Quote 1 0
Bailey15
I am so sorry you lost Kipton! Such a beautiful dog and these pictures were obviously such happy ones. Cancer is such a dreadful disease. My little dog had cancer and he was almost 16 so we had to let him go.
It will get easier with time but I don't know if we ever really get over it. I'm glad you shared your story here where so many people can relate to pain you are going through. Sometimes it helps just knowing others understand how you feel. Sending hugs,
MJ
Quote 1 0
Buzz
Dear Stephanie
Don't ever worry about how wonderful your little furbaby felt holding him, as that will always be a precious gift he gave you.... I also share your loss and it will get better with every passing day let your grief out and the healing will begin, Nothing can replace those special moments we share with our furry family but the memories they leave us with is priceless and makes us better human beings because of their unconditional love.....

So let your tears be of joy that he is free of pain and he'll stay watching over you until he knows you'll be okay, and remember there are three more little furbabies that depend on your love and support....... I wish you peace...
Quote 0 0
Stephanie50266
Thank you so much to everyone who has read my post and/or offered kind words. I am so grateful for this community. Today marks one week since I said goodbye to Kipton...it feels like a lifetime ago. While I am not crying constantly anymore, the pain I feel hasn't really decreased much. I know it will, eventually. Until then I am finding comfort hear reading and responding to others.

I wish peace for everyone who is missing a loved pet today and every day. We are all members of a club nobody wants to be part of, unfortunately.

10933869_10204987232453048_6623869671030235901_n.jpg 
Stephanie
Mommy to Kipton, 11/30/10 - 12/06/17
Quote 0 0
littleguy
Stephanie 

so sorry for your loss of your beautiful kipton and just what a beautiful boy he is  and just like me you were not given a lot of time  with him as seven years is just so short ,but always know that you will never forget how it feels to hold your baby boy or his touch or even his smell as those memories will stay with you forever as when a   bond so close forms you never ever lose it and I know for me after 15 months i can still remember that smell of my boy after he spent hours out in his beloved winter as he would smell so fresh and crisp when he came in  and I know I will always have that just like you will still have all the memories with kipton and in time they may not come as often but will definitely always be held in your heart .

littleguys mom  
pamela meadows
Quote 1 0