lucy_24
I lost my best friend yesterday and I still can't come to terms with it the house is so quiet now. He was a brown cocker spaniel and the best dog you could ever meet. Everybody loved him so much and he brought us all so much happiness. Just last week he was running around like normal but he just stopped being able to get out of bed. I've never felt heartbreak like it and I still can't believe he's gone I've had him since I was 5 and I'm now 17. I just want to see his face again
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Dear Lucy,

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your precious Woody, such a handsome boy in the photos you posted, what a sweet, sweet face. I LOVE his fuzzy/furry ears.

To lose your childhood friend is so hard on the heart, it sounds like you two were the best of friends, I bet Woody gave you many years of comfort and support as you grew up, such a wonderful boy and companion.
Woody will always be your best buddy, the loving bond you built with Woody over the years is still so strong, I hope your heart can feel the love he continues to surround you with each and every day.
Hold the wonderful moments and cherished memories of your sweet Woody close to your heart, by doing so, he will not only fill your heart with warmth and love, but you will feel his loving spirit as he walks with you every step of the way on this most difficult journey.
Forever you will be best buddies.....your Woody will make sure of that.

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos of Woody, if you feel up to it, I would love to hear more about your wonderful best friend, of course I completely understand if you don't feel up to writing about Woody just yet, no rush, whenever you are ready.

I am so sorry for your loss, sending our most positive, healing thoughts your way, along with peace to your broken heart.
Sincerely, Don & Vera

Image result for in heart forever pooh quotes
Quote 0 0
lucy_24
Thank you so much that was so kind. I've never felt heartbreak like it but I just have to be grateful for all the time we had with him. He was honestly so funny and loving, everyone where I live knows him and everyone is so heartbroken by it. He had this mouse in the corner of the garden that he tried to catch but none of us ever saw it. Then yesterday when we came home from the vets the mouse was running around it's as if it was a sign from him. I miss him so much my heart is so heavy :( he really was the best dog
Quote 1 0
MyBella
Hi Lucy,

I love this story about the mouse, and just as you said, I also have no doubt it was your sweet Woody sending you a sign, letting you know he is never far away, always listening for your voice....how wonderful and beautiful is that Lucy.

Thank you so much for sharing this story, I hope seeing that mouse brought the smile to your face that is brought to mine.

Continue to talk to your handsome boy, he is always ready to listen and hear your words of love.
May your heart be rewarded with the warmth of Woody's loving, soft embrace.

Wishing you such peace and healing.
Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Lucy, I`m so very sorry for your loss of Woody, and what a handsome boy...    I can believe just how much happiness he brought to everyone who met him - he looks such a bundle of fun.   It sounds as if Woody was your first dog, and growing up alongside him must have been wonderful - I grew up with my Dads German Shepherd, and as I was an only child he was more like a brother to me than a dog!  When he passed away I was heartbroken, so I know just how you feel right now.      The story of the mouse is very special - and just like Don I also believe it was a little sign from Woody, just to let you know that he is still close by.    In time, the pain of his passing will start to lift a little, and you will find it easier to look back at all of your memories of Woody with a smile - but he will remain in your heart forever.  Big hugs to you.

Jackie

J Taylor
Quote 1 0
msweet13
Dearest Lucy,

I was so sorry to read about your loss of your beloved Woody. He was very beautiful and just looking at him I feel as if I just want to hug him. I lost my best friend, Brutus, just 6 weeks ago and the emptiness is still very much everywhere. The biggest thing I have to get used to is the quiet. Like Don and Vera and Jackie have said though it will get bearable in time, you just need to let yourself feel all your feelings and know that you are not alone. Everyone on this wonderful site has been in the very same place you are now. I am still in a very dark place but I have such hope that I will embrace all the good memories and years I have shared with Brutus and he will, in his own way, bring me comfort as he did when he was here by my side. I still talk to him and my heart hears him answer me, softly and lovingly. Hang in there Lucy. You will always miss your precious Woody but you will also smile when you feel him in your heart and you will just know that he is still with you. You are in my thoughts and I wish you warm comfort and hugs.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 1 0
lucy_24
Thank you so much all of you's. Your words are all so kind and it's so comforting to know I'm not alone going through this. This is the hardest thing I've ever been through but I just have to hope it will get better. Thank you for all of your lovely words, I will love and miss woody for the rest of my life
Quote 1 0
YessilovesHazel
Hello Lucy, I also just lost my 13 year Cocker Spaniel. She passed last night, we had to put her down. I know exactly what you’re going through. I feel like I will never be normal again. It’s really tough but we will get through it. May Woody Rest In Peace. My baby Hazel and Woody are together having a blast!
Quote 0 0
lucy_24
I'm so so sorry for your loss :( they really are the most kind and compassionate dogs. I'm glad woody has a friend up there and no doubt hazel will be looking down on you. It's extremely hard but it's better to have loved and lost than not loved at all. Sending you big hugs x
Quote 0 0