lori
i was just wondering how long till you put away your furbaby's things. we had to put to sleep
my 19 1/2 yr old cat, whiskers allen on dec 15th.
we had to pick up his box that he loved and his blankets because we were having company for christmas.. i asked my husband if we should put it back because if whiskers came to us he might wonder where his stuff was and that maybe we  weren't thinking of him. my husband told me not to put it back because it would harder fo me when i came home from work and looked at it.. we have had his things for so long it is so bare. i could barely stand it at first when i took his things and wrapped them up.
i had a dog, daisy mae that had to be put to sleep 7 yrs ago today and i picked her things up because i didn't want the cat to feel so bad.( a vet's office told me to do it)i was so upset when i did it that day, i had to come home from work. just wondering and also wondering why some furbabies come back to see their owners after passing and some don't. any comments would be appreciated. thank you   lori.

Quote 0 0
pam
I found it was easier to take things away a little at a time- to do it all at once was too much for me to bear when my beloved dog Mollie passed on Nov. 5 of this year.  I too waited for several weeks to see if she would come back, but she did not.

To see her empty bed broke my heart every day and I eventually moved things, a bit at a time- do not rush it- only do it when you feel strong enough- and you will, eventually.  Take care of yourself and take things one day (or one hour at a time). I have been where you are and the hurt slowly passes.  My prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Pam
Quote 0 0
Janine
hi Lori,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I think there's no one right answer.  I left things out for a long long time. It was too painful to move them. One by one I started moving things. I was surprised to find, when I did finally move something, it was in some ways afterall easier to not continue seeing them each day, but I wasn't ready to move them before that. There's some other things I still have out.  Thinking of you and whiskers,

Janine

I love you forever Katie Kitty.
I can't wait to hugga-bug again with you one day.
Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
Lori,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Do whatever you heart leads you to do. The day, 09-04-09, I had to help Jasmine to The Bridge, I was in such a fog for I didn't know what to do. The next day, I gathered up her food, treats, toys, etc and took them to the Shelter. But I kept what was most precious to me-her bed-her blanket-her next favorite toy-we buried her with her favorite toy. Those items are here by my side and as I gaze upon them they provide me comfort.

Removing things has not removed Jasmine from my heart. I don't need things to remind me of the 13+ years she was in my life as my 'child'. Whomever comes to visit, still looks where Jasmine should be, even though her bed is not there.

You should do whatever makes you begin to heal from the loss.

Hugs,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine took ProIn
Jasmine is gone

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
lori
THANK YOU ALL. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR THOUGHTS AND ESPECIALLY CUZ WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE.
MY HUSBAND AND I DID TAKE WHISKERS FOOD TO THE HUMANE SOCIETY.
OF COURSE I KEPT HIS FAVORITE BED AND BOX AND BLANKETS. HE HAD A FEW. HE WAS OUR KING. YOU KNOW HOW THAT GOES.

I AM ALMOST POSITIVE I SAW HIM WALK AROUND CHRISTMAS EVE WHEN I WAS BAKING COOKIES AND ALSO CHRISTMAS DAY I SAY A GLIMPSE OF HIS TAIL BY WHERE HIS WATER BOWL WAS.(I ALSO KEPT THAT WITH THE WATER IN IT AND COVERED IT UP)I SAW A SHADOW LIKE OF HIM . I TOLD MY HUSBAND MAYBE HE IS LOOKING FOR HIS STUFF AND THAT IS WHY I ASKED YOU ALL . I TOLD HIM WHERE IT WAS.

WHEN I COME HOME FROM WORK MY LEGS GET WEAK BUT I STILL TALK TO HIM AND ASK HIM IF HE IS HUNGRY AND WANTS TO EAT.. HE LOVED THAT.
IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER. I DIDN'T PUT THINGS BACK. I KEPT HIS FAVORITE TOY OUT AND HIS CHRISTMAS TOY I BOUGHT HIM.

HE WAS A GOOD BOY UNTIL THE END. THESE ANIMALS ARE VERY BRAVE YOU KNOW. I KNOW WHISKERS AND DAISY (MY DOG WHO PASSED 7 YRS AGO YESTERDAY)NEW IT WAS THERE TIME AND HOW BRAVE THEY BOTH WERE. I WISH I COULD BE 1/2 OF THAT.
I HAVE OTHER THOUGHTS I WILL POST LATER. THEY ARE THE "GUILT"
THINGS.  THANK YOU ALL. XOXOOX

Quote 0 0
misscandy77

I lost my Chloe December 20.  I had to put everything away right away.  I was in denial and knew that if I left everything, I would trick myself that she would come back.  She had a basket of toys that I immediately separated the torn from the good.  I washed the good ones and gave them to a friend and a rescue.  The crate had to go as she always waited for me in there at the dog door.  I still think I hear her as I come to the door, she always made alien whines and wiggled so excited when she heard the garage.  I gave the treats and food to my mom.  I kept her dishes and a treat jar (empty).  Some of the beds my cats use so I had to leave them.  It was hard, but I needed to do it so that I could accept it.  There really is no right answer.

Quote 0 0
tikidikidoo
There really is no right answer to this question. When we lost Marbles and Cody I had to clean up their places immediately because the visual of them was too difficult to face. When we lost Havana I kept her room much as it was when she was with us. Perhaps because we lost her so young. Just two days ago I found our two female cats in her room. One sleeping on her chair and one in the bed I had bought for her. This made me happy in a way to see our dear girls hanging out with Havana but it also made me cry to see Jenny in Havana's bed. Listen to your heart and follow your instincts. They will never steer you wrong. You are going through a very difficult time and my heart goes out to you. I feel your pain. The grief is a journey that we must endure and try to learn from. It is unique to each individual but know that there are people who understand and care.
x tiki
Quote 0 0