Darketsu
I've had my miniature schnauzer Oreo since I was 7 years old. We grew up together. I will never forget the day we brought him home. He was so excited that he began running back and forth in my room. My mom knew the breeder that took care of Oreo when he was born so I was able to play with him and spend time with him for quite some time before we officially brought him home. We've had so many great experiences with each other. As Oreo got older he started suffering from vision problems. Around June of 2014 he completely lost his eyesight due to cataracts. But that didn't stop him. He adjusted in a matter of a few days. He also was diagnosed with diabetes during that time as well. At first I was nervous about administering an insulin shot. As time went on, I got used to giving him his medication. It became our daily ritual. Due to me having to constantly monitor his glucose levels and making sure he was doing well I wasn't able to go out and be as social with friends and family. There were many vacations that I was not able to go on because I was taking care of Oreo. And I wouldn't have had it any other way. I do not regret a single moment I spent with that amazing dog. He passed away August 26 2015 at the age of 12. Exactly one month after his birthday. I can't believe it's about to be 8 months since he's passed. It really does feel like he was just here a minute ago. I'm just grateful that I was able to spend such a large part of my life with an amazing friend like him. And I am also happy that I video tapped and took pictures of our journey over the years. I love you Oreo. Not a day goes by where I don't think about you. I hope to see you again some day. Then we can walk over the rainbow bridge together.
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
WOW, such an amazing story.  So sorry for your loss. 

I lost Bailey on this past Tuesday the 19th.  And I still feel like he is just outside doing his thing and going to bark any minute to come back in. 

Sorry for your loss.
Bailey
October 31, 2002 - April 19, 2016 10:25 P.M.
My best friend, my companion, my love

[e8de4bc1-77ae-4da2-9834-109b68b6cda8]

[Paws-for-the-News-Grieving-the-loss-of-a-pet] 
Quote 0 0
Darketsu
Oh wow I'm so sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you feel. When we had to put Oreo down it felt so surreal. The day we put him down I was so down that I took a nap and dreamt about my dog. Funny thing about the dream is that I remember it so vividly. For some reason the sky was purple and it was a cloudy day. I was clearing a hole in the ground to bury Oreo. As I look back towards the box that Oreo was in I noticed that it was empty. At first I was nervous but then I heard a familiar sound. I heard him barking. And as I looked behind me all I saw was my furry friend running towards me. The dream ended with me embracing him. It kind of helped me cope because I felt like it was a message telling me that he's ok and in a better place. The process of loosing a loved one is so hard. To this day I cry every other day just thinking about him. If that's Bailey in your profile picture then i just want to say that she was a beautiful dog. I'm sure she appreciated all of the things you've done for her. In all honesty the pain doesn't fully go away but it becomes more manageable. Just remember all of the amazing times you two have spent with each other. Amazing memories that can never be replaced. My heart goes out to you.
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Our pets are so adaptable! Whether it's eyesight, hearing, that they lose they just keep on trucking. They rally are amazing.
My condolences on the loss of your wonderful friend!
S.
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
Yes, that is Bailey in my profile picture and thanks.
Bailey
October 31, 2002 - April 19, 2016 10:25 P.M.
My best friend, my companion, my love

[e8de4bc1-77ae-4da2-9834-109b68b6cda8]

[Paws-for-the-News-Grieving-the-loss-of-a-pet] 
Quote 0 0