kmayo99
It’s been 2 weeks since I lost my sweet Yuki. I can’t help but think if I did something different, he would still be here.
He was struck by a speeding car because he broke free from his leash. It was right in front of petsmart because we were on our way to drop him off for his grooming appointment.
If I had just gone to petsmart a few mins later, he would still be here. Or if I scheduled him another time and day, he would still be here. I wish I could’ve done something different. It hurts so much. I miss him so much. He was only 2, he had a long life ahead of him. He was supposed to grow old with me and my siblings. I still picture him in places where he used to go to or hang out by in my house. I keep picturing him everywhere. I can’t stop crying at night. I miss him so so much it hurts.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Katrina,

I am so sorry you are still feeling the way that you are sweetheart. It is unfortunately going to take more time to process your grief. You are not alone. Your dog Yuki is with you in spirit and we here on the forum are with you in comdraship.

As you know, accidents happen in life. It is just a very sad part of existing and reality. The same can be said looking further backwards. What if your dog's Mother had not given birth to him successfully? What if Yuki was born with a genetic malady such as a heart murmur? What if you had never adopted him? What if you had gotten into a car accident instead prior, were killed and never even met your pup? What if your parents had not had conceived you? What if they had not been conceived by their parents?

Do you see? It's all circumstantial.

All we can do in life is be grateful and feel blessed for the time we DID have with our beloved's. Yes, things "may have been different", but that can also be applied to your having never even met your dog in the first place and not loving him the way that you did and still do. Be grateful. Feel blessed. Be humbled by the great love you experienced with Yuki and the love that he experienced with you and your family for the time that he was allotted, and cherish that fact. This is difficult to do, but in time it will become easier. 

Kind regards,
James
Quote 0 0
kmayo99
James, thank you again for your kind words.
You always offer different perspectives that gets me thinking. It truly helps me because it makes me see outside the mindset I had. I truly appreciate the advice you always give me.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Thank you Katrina for your very gracious and kind words. That's what this forum is all about. People helping people. This place has been a Godsend to me for the past 3 months since my own loss, and I have been trying to give back, to try and pay it forward. I'm so glad that some of my words helped you in some small way. Means a lot to me. Thanks again for letting me know. 

All best regards,
James
Quote 0 0
anang
Katrina,

I'm so sorry for your loss. You love Yuki so much and Yuki loves you so much. He was, and always will be, your loving furry baby. You did nothing wrong, and although circumstances played out it a negative way, it was completely out of your control. You gave Yuki a life of love, happiness, joy, peace and contentment. 
Rejoice in knowing that you gave Yuki the best life possible!
My thoughts are with you,
Katie
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
kmayo99
Katie, thank you so much for your kind words, it means a lot. I truly appreciate it.
Quote 0 0