TashasDad
I lost my wonderful dog Tasha on April 5th. In 2 days it will be 6 months.  She was 11.

She was in a lot of pain. And my wife and I lovingly chose to help her ascend to the Rainbows Bridge. There really was no choice to make, it only seemed like there was a choice at the time. Losing her has been the toughest, most painful loss of my life.

A few days ago, a wise friend of mine shared a few sentences from the Winnie The Pooh children's book to help me find more acceptance and continue to move on as I must continue to do: 

if there ever comes a day

when we can't be together,

keep me in your heart

i'll stay there forever

The words and their advice are just so beautiful. The advice is so simple and to the point. 

Reading these words, it feels like Tasha is speaking these 4 sentences out loud to me. That she is giving me this reassuring, loving, and practical advice.

It is like she is saying to me out loud: "It is OK. Just keep me in your heart now. Do not worry because I am with you at all times. Do this and I'll be with you forever." 

Tashas Dad

Quote 2 0
camunki
ohhh Tashas Dad, she is giving you those 4 sentences loud and clear!

and to me 6 months is still raw, fresh and new and I am sure you miss her deeply each and every day.

She is now in a new home, a happy home, a peaceful home with no pain..........yet, she is still with you!!!! she will forever be your angel and yes, you will be reunited someday!!!!

My heart goes out to you, as we have all lost a precious baby/soul on these sights and it is so good to know that others really care and that we are not alone..............your Tasha is with you forever!!!

Cam

Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
That is a beautiful quote from Winnie the Pooh! So sorry about your loss of Tasha. It's very sad to lose our precious pets that make our life so happy.

Lisa
Quote 0 0
Marie123
My friend that lost her 13yo bunny a week and a half after Raven's passing loves Winnie the Pooh. I found a throw pillow on Etsy.com with that quote along with Pooh and Piglet that I'm going to get her for Christmas. It's just a beautiful reminder that our babies will never leave us truly and watch over us always ❤🌈
Quote 0 0
TashasDad
I never read the book, Winnie The Pooh.  What were my parents thinking???   :)

I think I really should order the book, and soon. And begin reading. 

Tasha, Thank you so extremely much!  For the 10 most wonderful years of my life!  You were absolutely perfect! In every way! The best friend by far I've ever had! You will be in my heart "forever". I promise!

Tasha's Dad
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Oh Winnie the Pooh is so cute! And just such sweet lessons in friendship and love ❤🐱
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Sorry you lost lovely Tasha! I know how painful it is losing your beloved dogs. I've always loved Winnie The Pooh. Thank you for sharing this poem. It's very sweet. Hugs to you,
CK
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Etsy.com has a pillow with that quote on it. I ordered one for my friend for Christmas who lost her bunny a week and a half after Raven passed. She loves Winnie the Pooh anyway so it's perfect! 🐱
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
Love the Pooh quote, thank you so much for posting it, I know this will help me and others in the days ahead.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
TashasDad
Thank you everyone for the replies!

I am glad others are finding gifts with these comforting words on them, to help their friends who have lost special pet friend recently.

Tasha's Dad
Tasha in October 2016:

Tasha on Alionas Facebook 14.jpg
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Tashas got such a wonderful smile! I'm excited to get the throw pillow for my friend. I'll try to post a picture when it arrives
Love to all 🐱🐾
Quote 0 0
TashasDad
Tasha was a "talker".  Quite regularly she would seem to be trying to talk to us about something. 

On the couch in this photo, she was trying to say something to us.

Quote 0 0
Marie123
Raven had this no-nonsense meow when she wanted something and the cutest chirp when she was happy. She also made this weird alien chatter when she was in a mischievous mood. It's just precious how they communicate with us. And, unlike humans, they say what they mean. I miss that so much! 🐱❤
Quote 0 0