Amy715
Just had to say goodbye to my Winston this morning. He was a 12 year old St. Bernard bullmastiff mix. Took him in for a limp 2 weeks ago, and he was diagnosed with cancer. We had pretty good two weeks. H had lots of good food, short walks and laying in the sun. He took a turn for the worse last night and we made the decision today is the day.. I know it was the right thing to do but I still can't help but feel guilty. I am missing him so much.
Amy walker 
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Amy,

I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet Winston. I'm glad you and he were able to have two good weeks after the diagnosis. I'm sure you made those two weeks special for him and that he knew he was very much loved. It is normal to feel guilty but you did the right thing and prevented him from suffering.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
Nattie
I’m so sorry for your loss of Winston. I’ve read a lot of stuff about grief recently which says guilt is a normal part of the process. It sounds to me that you loved Winston so much that you had to make the most difficult decision to let him go so you could keep him from pain. 
NC
Quote 0 0
Amy715
Thank you.
Amy walker 
Quote 0 0