Twilight Show full post »
Twilight
Shark88 - Thank you so much for posting here.  Your message is inspirational and full of hope.  The last 10 days have been almost unbearable for me, but I know that in time I will begin to heal and will slowly start to move forward.  I looked at some of your earlier posts, and I see that you lost your dog Laika, in July of this year.  I sincerely hope that you're feeling better, and that the passage of time has helped you to begin to recover from your loss.
Quote 0 0
Shark88
Thank you Twilight but I still grieve over losing my very special Laika.   This Thursday will be 3 months.   The pain, sadness, and sorrow remains,
but, over time, you learn to manage it better.   I really don't think I'll ever get over it completely.   If I ever do get another Siberian Husky,
it will always live in the shadow of Laika.  Laika just cannot be replaced.    Either way, life continues and we must carry on and do our best.
Quote 0 0
Marie123
So true! I don't think my pain over losing Raven has gone away that much, I've just become better at hiding it. I love my friends and they're all battling some personal demon or other, and I feel bad because I'm just kind of in a world of my own, just me missing Raven, and I can't do much for them. I feel so guilty 🐱
Quote 1 0
LisaAndy
I cried in the car today and then again during my physical therapy appointment. I kept thinking why didn't we try some thing else to keep him alive? Why wasn't there another solution besides just putting him to sleep? It's too late now, what's done is done and he is not coming back ..so the pain remains all the time. I don't think I will EVER get over this. And no there will never be another dog like him, my Andy. He was that special.  I did tell my friend that I was crying again today. She said well don't think there is a time limit - so that was very nice and understanding....I just wish this was all a bad dream. I know you guys totally understand.
Quote 1 0
Marie123
I totally get it, guys. I keep playing her last few weeks out in my head and thinking if I'd just tried this or that..I just wish all the awful things that happen to animals little kids the elderly would all just go away! Raven gives me signs now and then but it's not the same as holding her when I'm having a bad day. I don't know.🐱
Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
Twilight, just stopping in your thread to tell you I am thinking about you and I hope you are feeling better.

Lisa
Quote 0 0
Twilight
Thanks to all of you who have continued to post messages here in Winnie's room.  Tomorrow, will be two week, since I said goodbye to my Winnie, and I still think about him constantly, day and night.  There are reminders everywhere I look.  No matter where I went in this house, he would follow me. Every night before bed, I go downstairs to make sure everything is locked up.  He always followed me down and made the rounds with me.  Now I go alone every night, and think about him as I go from room to room.  The worst is getting up every morning, with no Winnie to say "good morning" to, no cat food cans to open, no water bowl to fill, and no sweet little face looking up at me.  Just empty space.  

I'm glad that we made the decision to bring him home and bury him in the backyard.  It's very comforting for me to go outside during the day and clean up leaves around the gravesite, place pots of flowers nearby, and then just sit there for a while.  I put a yard chair out beside the grave, so it's really nice.  It's turned very warm here again, and will be nice throughout October. Our winters are mostly mild, so I plan to make it my year round place to go and reminisce about happy times in the past.  

I hope all of you are slowly beginning to feel better.  I will continue, forever more, to come here to the Pet Loss Support board and read the messages - from both new and old members.  I will always look for the special people who gave me so much kindness, understanding and support when I first joined The Rainbow Bridge.  I wish I could meet you all, and thank you in person, but I'll have to thank you here instead, along with my best wishes for your future happiness. 
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Thank you, Twilight, too, for joining us here. We all need each other right now. It's been almost 6 months since I said goodbye to Raven and like you I still wake up in the morning and can't bear the thought of another day without her. It's something that never really goes away I don't think. We just sort of learn to work around it. I'm so glad it's nice weather there and you can spend time outside by Winnies plot. I've got Raven's ashes in a cat-shaped urn and I talk to her all the time. Weird but oh well. I'm kind of the crazy lady on the block anyway so I might as well make the most of it haha!
You're always so kind to everyone here. I wish that all of us could get together and talk about our precious babies. Maybe roast marshmallows in my fire pit. It's a hard road we're all traveling right now, but at least we're not alone.
Hugs to you and all the wonderful folks here! ❤🐱
Quote 0 0