William
I went to a paint night. This is my painting of William.
And can't we all relate to a bad hair day?
Kim
Quote 0 0
Ozziemom
Beautiful painting Kim you should be so proud good job and I know William is proud of his portrait too and I too can relate to that bad hair day lol makes me laugh 🐾💕
Quote 0 0
jonancy
Kim

I am so sorry for your loss of William. I read your post on Joe's thread and I know what you mean about wishing pets would go in their sleep. We had to make that awful decision for our Dachshund, Scooter on 2-5-15. He was healthy and the next day we were told his spleen ruptured. I wanted to bring him home but was told he would suffer too much. After all this time, just thinking of that day hurts. I had said no more, I never wanted another dog. Never say never is now my motto because thirteen months after Scooter died, we rescued a five month old Dachshund who we found out was abused. We are his third and final home. (We think no one wanted him because he has an extra rib and can't be a show dog). His name is Ranger Will, my Dad's name was William and if I ever would have had a human baby his middle name would have been William. Needless to say, I love the name William.

You did an excellent job painting William. Have you painted before? I love his bad hair day picture. I too have a painting of Scooter, done by Don (Bella's dad) it hangs in our bedroom where he slept.

((Hugs))

Jonancy... Scooters Mama

Quote 0 0
William
Scooters mama
I'm so sorry for your loss if scooter. But so happy you were able to move forward and adopt Ranger Will. William is one of my favorite boy names. People always got a chuckle out of his name. Very formal he was always William.
It was Don that actually gave me some direction in posting the pictures. I posted a total of 4. Two threads I used because one was a "trial"
I love daschunds! I'm so glad I experienced that personality.

I am not an artist. My daughter took me to a paint your pet night at a paint studio. Instructors walk you through the procedure. I think they helped me a little more because I was crying and told them William had just passed. It was very emotional for me. But he's in my bedroom and i look at him and speak to him. I just loved that boy.
Kim🐾🐾🐾🌈
Kim
Quote 0 0
jonancy
Kim

I love dachshunds too. My Mom rescued one when I was four, that started my love for them. Ranger is my fifth one. Never had a different breed. My husband fell in love with them when he met me and having had many different dogs, he loves them now too. Their personality is so charming.

Take care my friend,
Jonancy... Scooters Mama
Quote 0 0
William
Ozziemom
Thank you!
Yes this summer there have been a lot of bad hair days where I live.
William went to the groomer that day. Same groomer, had been there many times before. She couldn't complete him after the bath. He had an anxiety attack and urinated. The vet really had no idea what this could mean.
Then he fell down the stairs a month later. When I ran to grab him he was shaking and had urinated on the floor. In hind sight the vet and I were able to relate both these episodes as possible hormone surge from Cushings disease.
Anyway... yes looks like he stuck his paw in a socket lol... love that picture of him.
Most long haired daschund pictures are long flowing beautiful hair.
Not that day, all static💕❤️
Kim
Quote 0 0
miztina249
Aww Kim, I love the painting and the static hair standing on end photo. My Polo had a really long gorgeous coat, in the winter he'd rub himself head first into his favorite fleece blanket. He'd look like that photo of William you posted, it always made us laugh. He used to get a terrible case of "bed head" too, his beard would get all mushed and make his face look funny. There was not a day that went by where he didn't make us laugh or just leave us in awe at his beauty and cuteness. I always called hiim my beautiful boy. William was a beautiful boy too.
Quote 0 0
William
Miztina249
Those are the memories that make you laugh. There's a joke about daschund parent alway having to put their ears back in place because their ears always flip inside out hahah. For William it was usually after a good sleep.
So Polo's bed head just made me 😂.
Yes, beautiful boys. Who we were so lucky to have:)
Take care and thank you for you kind post
Kim
🐾🐾🐾❤️
Kim
Quote 0 0
jonancy
Kim

You are so right about dachshund parents flipping their ears back, but they look so cute when one ear is down and the other flipped back. Actually, they look cute always. Your picture of William's bad hair day makes me smile every time I see it.

Take care my friend,
Scooters Mama
Quote 0 0
William
Scooters mom:
We called them " flipped ears" if it was one it was just " flipped ear" if two it was " bilateral flipped ears" lol. We loved those ears!
We also loved his " digging paws" I don't care how nice the lawn loooked if William wanted to dig I called it " landscaping lol!
We took him clamming once to the beach. My husband had the clamming rakes etc that are used but closer to shore you can dig with a smaller shovel or even grab some by digging with your hands. Once William saw this procedure he got his paws right in there. Digging away, he knew it was something going on that he didn't want to miss.
Makes me smile thinking of it.
Kim
Quote 0 0
jonancy
Beautiful picture of William!!

Jonancy... Scooters Mama
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Hi Kim,

What great photos of your handsome William, such an adorable boy. 
I love your painting of William, you did a great job on it, especially for your first time, I bet it will bring you years of such pleasure with so many loving memories of your precious boy.
I had to laugh at the bad hair day William was having, what is the story behind that photo, looks like he has a bit of an electric charge going through him, so funny and yet absolutely adorable.
I am so happy to see you are able to post photos of your precious boy, thank you so much for sharing him with us here.
Wishing for continued peace and healing to find your heart, may the love that your William continues to surround you with always be felt so deeply in your heart.

In Friendship, Don
Quote 0 0
William
Don:
Thank you so much for your kind words. It was your help that guided me through the posting.
The bad hair day... William went to be groomed and after the bath he had some anxiety and couldn't be dried and clipped. It may have been one of his episodes of Cushing disease which we now know looking back.
So he air dried and his hair was out of control. He was " electric " lol. Such a sweet memory of him. Thank you for asking, it makes me smile thinking of those few days of " bad hair"

The painting is hanging in my bedroom. I love it. Did I hear you are a painter?

You are always so supportive, Don. It's so appreciated.

Thank you
kim
Kim
Quote 0 0