Linki
My baby boy, little man LilBit has crossed over the rainbow bridge and I am in some incredible pain. I searched the site and read the text, but can barely see through the tears. I am at a loss. I didn't expect him to go and I tried so hard and spent a fortune and prayed like no tomorrow, but all for nothing. My lil man is gone. Making a memorial was nice, but I can get over this pain. My other kitty Max is younger and he's never lived without LilBit and is grieving aaaaLilBit.jpg  too. I wish I knew what to do for both of us
Linki
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet, baby boy LilBit. He's certainly a handsome boy. A year ago I lost my boy Jag to cancer. My other boy, Tiger, was upset and became very clingy to me. Together Tiger and I got through it. You and Max can too. It will get better but it takes time to make your way through the grief. In time I hope memories of LilBit can bring you a little smile instead of tears.

There are many wonderful and compassionate people here who understand your pain. It can help to share pictures, stories and feelings here, when/if you feel up to it.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 1 0
Linki
I am sorry about Jag. I really really appreciate your words, they mean a lot. Max is very clingy - like a different boy. I am hopeful with your post. I don't know if i should even try to hide my pain from Max, I don't want him more upset. Did you?  Here's my Max about 2 years ago. <3 for Jag00aa.jpg   
Linki
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Dear Linda,

Your LilBit was a handsome fellow as Jan pointed out. And Max is adorable. 

All one can do sweetie is continue to travel through time. Your mind and body has a built in healing mechanism. It's your birthright. Not only for healing from physical injuries but for healing from grief too. Every single moment that you simply stay alive and breath, you are healing. Each second. Every minute. Each hour. With every breath that you take.

They say that the level of grief that we feel, when one of our beloved's departs, is equal to the love that they felt from us, while they were still alive and with us. So how great a gift of love did your LilBit feel from you whenever you were together? We tend to apply our thoughts to how we felt from the love that we experienced from our pets, and tend to not think about the great love that they felt from us. Which was just as deep and as profound for them, all the days that they were with us. They knew that they were loved, cherished and adored by us.

It is very admirable that you tried so hard to save your boy. And that for the time that you were together, you provided him with a home, safety, comfort, warmth, love and affection. All cats should be so blessed. I am so glad that your paths crossed with your LilBit when they did. And I'm glad that Max had such a good friend and older brother.

Welcome to this forum. There are good and compassionate people here who will help you through your journey of grief. Thank you for sharing a bit of LilBit's and your and Max's story. You may find it cathartic to share more later. 

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 1 0
roseblue1
Come on here whenever you feel the need to let out your feelings...your boy was a beauty and so is Max.

Remember the loving and precious memories you have of LilBet and  treasure them

Take care

Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 1 0
Jan_H
Max is adorable. He looks a lot like my Jag.

I don't think you need to hide your pain from Max. Tiger endured showers of tears from me but he still was constantly with me. I'm sure Max is confused and sad that LilBit is gone. He needs you and you need him. Together you will help each other through the sadness and pain.

Jan
Quote 1 0
Linki
I will surely post more at a later time.. The kind wonderful words here have moved me to a good deal of tears. I am happy that I can come back in a bit to re-read them and take them in even better then. I am blessed by you all and grateful for everyone's words. Just a little more time, I will be back. Cyber hugs to everyone. I am blessed 
Linki
Quote 0 0