ChronicallyAce
It's been about a year and 8 months since I lost my little dude, Dante. I still miss him so much. I miss how he used to snuggle with me on the couch, and how he used to cuddle with me when I went to bed at night. I miss his loud purrs and how he used to meow at me when he wanted attention.

We adopted another cat a few months after he passed away, and while I love our new guy, it's just not the same. Dante and I had such a special relationship and it left a huge hole in my heart. Sometimes I miss it, and sometimes I hope I never love another animal that much again, because losing him completely devastated me.

Has anyone else felt this? Did you ever find that something special with another pet?
Dante
3/19/2013 - 5/4/2018
You are gone, my special boy, but I will love you forever. R.I.P.
Quote 1 0
milinda52
I had to put my Rocky of fifteen years down Saturday 18, 2020. I, too, am devastated and feel a deep loss for my dog. We bonded and loved each other so much. It hurts so bad, I feel I want to go and be with him. But I have three other kitties to care for. I feel my life has changed without him. I don’t know how to stop the hurt, and I don’t want to. I wish I could talk to him. I wish I could hold him close to me one last time. All I can do is cry.
Linda A Gonzales
Quote 0 0
So sorry for your loss of Dante prayers sent the new fur baby will never replace the love and bond you had with Dante but he will be a comfort Dante would want you to open your heart to another while he watches over you God Bless
Quote 0 0