HardlySamie
Hi, everyone.
I posted on his forum last week about losing my beloved Labradoodle, Murphy. It's been five days since he passed, so I know I'm still very much in the initial grieving period, but right now, it feels like I'm never going to be happy again. There are moments where I feel I'm on the road to accepting Murphy being gone, but then I see or remember something that reminds me that he's never coming back, and before I know it, I'm sobbing and shaking and feeling like I want to go to sleep and never wake up. I'm just so afraid of never feeling okay again.
Samie
Quote 0 0
RileysMom
Hi Samie,

I’m so terribly sorry for your loss. This is a very difficult time. Murphy sounds like he was a great friend, so it’s only natural to feel what you’re feeling. The reminders are difficult, but know it will get easier. It will never be okay that Murphy died, but know that you will get through this, you will breathe freely again. It takes time for our minds to adapt to something like this, so be patient with yourself, allow yourself to grieve as much as needed.

Post and talk as much as you need to. We’re here for you.
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
ForMitookie_03
Hi Samie,

I'm so sorry for the loss of Murphy.  All of us here understand exactly how you are feeling.  Although I know I'd never act on it, I had moments where I felt that if Mitookie were no longer here, I didn't want to be here either.  Deep, gut-wrenching grief will do that to you; rational and irrational thoughts get muddled together.  At least that is how it was for me the first few weeks without Mitookie.  It does get better.  It will get easier.  Be kind and gentle to yourself, this is so very hard.  Keep coming back to the forum because everyone here knows exactly how you feel. 

Hugs,

Marina
Marina ~ Mitookie's Mom
Quote 0 0