Wileykitten
I'm having such a hard time today. 5 years ago to this day exactly, it was a Monday, I lost my best friend, my Wiley. Sitting here now, remembering this was my last hour with him before I took him to the vet for the last time.. It was such a traumatic last hour and I keep reliving it.. then sitting in the vet's waiting room with my keeten on my lap (in carrier, of course) trying to be strong but I couldnt stop crying. When they called us back, Dr Arnold said so many kind words telling me sge felt it was the right time as he was suffering.. After the first injection I held him in a keeten hug and sang "Best Friend" to him as I felt him relax more and more.. I regret not talking to him even tho I repeatedly told him how much I love him and thanked him for being the best friend I ever had and for always being there for me.. I still regret not saying more. I sang him that song all the time and I thought it would be comforting to him.. and me. The moment he was gone I fell to the floor crying I didn't want to leave him there... 
My life has not been the same. I am not the same. Even writing this I ache the same as that first post five years ago.
My keeten...

I love you more than life, my Wiley. I miss you with every fiber of my being. 
I long for the day we can be together again.
Willow, DJ, and Fuzzy miss you. They look up when I say your name. You and Tanner, Sevyn, Abbeyboo... They know.
You have new sisters here that I tell stories about you to.. 
They all surround me with smiles and love and I am so grateful they are here.. I wish the ones that came after you could have known you.

Please know you are always on my mind and in my heart...

"You're my sunshine and I want you to know that my feelings are true.. 
I really love you.. You're my Best Friend..."

I love you, my keeten 😢❤
Quote 0 0
P_Mom
Wow reading this after 5 years is such a testament to your deep and unwavering love for your Wiley.  I'm so sorry for your loss. It's only been 6 months for me, but I know I'll be right where you are in 5 yrs.  'My life is not the same.  I am not the same.'  Oh how I relate to your words.  Wiley sounds very special and you two have a most special bond that will last forever beyond time or space. 💞
Jennifer
Quote 0 0
Michelemh
So sorry to you. Next month will be a year my dog passed away. I understand how you feel. I feel the same way without her. Life is not the same.

Michele
Quote 0 0