Gracie06
So last monday night/tuesday morning i lost my gracie. Im finally starting to feel better about everything. Im not constantly crying. Ive got her memory box all made up. Ive been trying to find another pup to pull me out of the funk but no luck yet.. i wanna adopt a senior but hubby wants puppy. So we are just looking until i find one i just have to have. Now that grace is gone it seems like my yellow lab is going down hill.. her hips are bothering her its hard for her to get up and down so now im facing the fact of having to put her down. Hopefully not anytime soon but i know its close. Am i gonna catch a break?
Quote 0 0
xoostation
This may sound negative, and I might change my mind when I am ready. But I'm not falling in love with any more critters. No more dogs. I'm allergic to cats. So that's that. I can't go through this again. I know I'm denying myself tons of joy and unconditional love, and again, a rescue might find its way into my life. But, I won't be going out of my way to look for another baby. I feel like I'd be betraying my TreyTrey. I just don't know if I'll ever love again like that. She was my first and only doggy love. My first dog baby. I feel like I lost a child. She was literally the dog that made me have my "aha" light bulb moment of WHY people have such strong bonds with their dogs. Her intelligence, her kindness. I just don't know if that can ever be replaced :( 
Of course, I encourage what is best for you, and they say it's the best way to heal. I really hope the Lab is OK and hangs in there. Just love and spoil the baby and don't worry. Live in the moment. I know it's hard, but we're all here for you. I was having a horrible day, and coming here helped. 
Your story about Gracie was one of the first I read on here, and I deeply sympathize with you and the manner in which you lost her. :( But to answer your question, yes, you will catch a break. It will get easier. I guess that's why I am so afraid to love another dog again, because I don't want to hurt again. 

Quote 0 0
Gracie06
That is not negative at all.. they night everything happened i told myself that there will be no more animals but i dont feel whole without a little dog.. its like i need and large dog and little dog so i can have one on my feet and the other in my lap.. and i understand ur aha moment i had that with my lab lexi and my gracie they besides my kids are what drive me to get up in the morning and come to work and be an adult. Im not gonna lie ive had quite a few dogs but ive never bonded with any like i have with lexi and gracie..they are my reason for living besides my kids. Im not rushing to find another dog i figure when the time is right one will fall into my lap like lexi and gracie did..
Quote 0 0
xoostation
I know what you mean about them being what gets you up in the morning. I don't have children, so my doggy was my baby. There is something so special about the bond we can have with them without saying a word. 
I am so sorry you are grieving. I wish our beloved dogs could live as long as us. 
Quote 0 0