Ophelia__May
You've been gone for a month today, and the house is still terribly empty. We've held a ceremony in your memory in one of you favorite places ever, by the olive tree in the hills. We love you and miss you so much, Tequila, my baby <3 
To all of you who've lost a pet and are struggling with the loss for days, months or even years after the passing of their baby, just know you are not alone. 
For as long as I can remember I've always struggled with my faith and have always been a bit of a nihilist, but the thought of my baby being nowhere and not existing anymore is too painful to bear.  What do you think happens to our fur babies when they pass? Do you believe we'll get to see them again? 93488802_10158269342603064_7593295196264071168_o.jpg 
Quote 2 0
Annesmimi
Hi. I lost my baby girl 7 weeks ago. I still cry for her daily. I love her and miss her terribly. I’ve lost 5 babies in my lifetime. I have loved them all they meant the world to me. I do believe that when animals pass they go to heaven. Some say they cross the rainbow bridge and wait for us there but I hope they go to heaven. I do believe that I will see all of my babies again one day. On my worst days that very thought pulls me through. I’ve struggled with my faith too but have found that prayer has helped me. Ive said this prayer “I release this pain to You, so You will free me”. I believe it has helped. I wish you all the best in your healing process. 
Quote 3 0
Jimbo106
I believe I'll get to see my little girl when my time comes. Until then I feel her surrounded by love. I was never very religious, but with her passing, I've felt much differently. 

Jim and the girls
Quote 4 0
Peach
The thought of never seeing my loved ones again afterlife scares me a lot, but deep down I feel that after you die there is nothing. I'm always afraid.
Quote 1 0
Fluffycat48
You've been gone for a month today, and the house is still terribly empty. We've held a ceremony in your memory in one of you favorite places ever, by the olive tree in the hills. We love you and miss you so much, Tequila, my baby <3 
To all of you who've lost a pet and are struggling with the loss for days, months or even years after the passing of their baby, just know you are not alone. 
For as long as I can remember I've always struggled with my faith and have always been a bit of a nihilist, but the thought of my baby being nowhere and not existing anymore is too painful to bear.  What do you think happens to our fur babies when they pass? Do you believe we'll get to see them again? 93488802_10158269342603064_7593295196264071168_o.jpg 
Elizabeth Castello
Quote 1 0
Molly4always
I’m sorry for all who are struggling thinking their pet is gone forever.  I don’t believe that because there is more to life than what we can see or hear with our senses.  There are unexplained events that don’t make sense to our finite minds.  So I do believe my kitty is in heaven and I will see her again.  Without that hope I’d be lost.  Love never dies; not my love for her or her love for me.  I hope you can open your heart to the possibility that the love you shared will last forever. How something so beautiful ever end.  
Quote 3 0
Fluffycat48
Hi I am so sorry for your loss, me and my late husband lost a pet she was a cat her name was Fluffy she passed away on July 5th, 2013. It was horrible the way she passed away, we had went down to Texas to see our Son graduate High School we brought her with us at that time we lived in Washington State we didn't want to leave her at home, anyway when we got back home she started hiding in different places I told my husband that something was wrong with her she also stopped eating and drinking too, we took her to the vet they kept her a day or two they gave her fluids then they sent her back home with us then a week later she passed away in my husband's arms we were taking her to a vet to see what they could do, she was a special cat to us we had her 10 years. Then in 2015 my husband got ill with congestive heart failure and diabetes then in 2016 he passed away, then I came to live with my Dad on the day of my husband's funeral, he was 49 years old. We moved  back to Texas in 2015 my husband went on Hospice Dec of 2015 and he passed away on June 12th, 2016 almost 6 months but didn't make it, I had no closure when he passed away, my dad is in a nursing home now I live in his house. We did get 2 kittens not long after our fluffy passed away they were sisters but one of them got run over way down the street and the other one I had to give to my niece so she could be free in the Country, sorry this is so long I really do believe we will see our paets and our loved ones again they are waiting for us for sure don't worry about your pet you will see your pet again they are in a safe place,our Spirit and their Spirit lives on I truly believe that with all my Heart and Soul just believe that okay? I hope you have a blessed Sunday and new week. Your Friend, Lisa
Elizabeth Castello
Quote 2 0
Lucyz_Dada
I’ve always believed that if we make it to heaven, God will bless us with the freedom to create our own space... to have the people and animals who were a part of our lives with us. It would be enough for me just to be with Him, but I sure hope he lets me have my Lucy too! God created our pets... I’m sure He knows how important they are to us.
Jim
Quote 1 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
As many know here that have read my posts, here on the Rainbow Bridge Forum, I was an atheist or agnostic for over 55 years, untill an incident involving my cat "Marmalade." He was injured in New Mexico in an accident, which could have easily killed him and I immediately dropped to my knees and prayed for mercy. I did not know what to do. I knew that I would most likely end my life very quickly if Marmalade did not recover. And remarkably my prayers were answered a tenfold. He recovered and we lived 3 more years together and had quite a few adventures and countless memorable moments. Just he and I. Including out on the road for 3 1/2 months.

From the time that I prayed for mercy from God, things have happened in my life that are supernatural. I document them. My business partners have witnessed them directly occur in front of them, time and time again, over the last 3 years. Their jaws have been left on the floor. I have shared some of these stories here on the forum. They are beyond coincidental. They are spiritual in nature. And they have always involved great and bountiful blessings and incredible mercies.

How is it possible, that this little cat, could reconnect me with God and the Holy Spirit? When nothing on Earth, no human being, no book, no church sermon could do so? How could this little cat, impact me on so many levels? Teach me so many lessons? Change my life in so many ways? Just by his being?

Do I think I will ever see my beloved Marmalade again? I do not know. I hope and pray to be able to do so, but I will not hold God for ransom if that is not possible. For you see...meeting and knowing my boy Marmalade, was already heaven on Earth. It was paradise to know him. To be in his company. To experience such great love in my lifetime. I am grateful for the time that Marmalade and I were alloted. For the time we got to spend together. For all the joy, laughter, smiles, companionship and warmth that we experienced. For our paths to have crossed when they did. Seeing him again would be the ultimate bonus. But I am happy and content for what occured during my time with him. 

If there is a Heaven or afterlife for people, then there must be one for all animals, as in many ways they are more advanced than we are as a species in my opinion. 

The impact of knowing my boy left me connected with a higher power. It altered my entire perception of religion and faith and God, through...love. What an invaluable gift Marmalade left me. How can I ask or expect more?

James
Quote 6 0
ShadowDad
If there is a heaven for people, there is a heaven for our babies, you can bank on it.  Our babies have souls just as we do.  Any innocent animal has God's promise of an unspeakably beautiful place.  Yes, they will know you and always remember you as you do them.
Quote 2 0
Fluffycat48
As many know here that have read my posts, here on the Rainbow Bridge Forum, I was an atheist or agnostic for over 55 years, untill an incident involving my cat "Marmalade." He was injured in New Mexico in an accident, which could have easily killed him and I immediately dropped to my knees and prayed for mercy. I did not know what to do. I knew that I would most likely end my life very quickly if Marmalade did not recover. And remarkably my prayers were answered a tenfold. He recovered and we lived 3 more years together and had quite a few adventures and countless memorable moments. Just he and I. Including out on the road for 3 1/2 months.

From the time that I prayed for mercy from God, things have happened in my life that are supernatural. I document them. My business partners have witnessed them directly occur in front of them, time and time again, over the last 3 years. Their jaws have been left on the floor. I have shared some of these stories here on the forum. They are beyond coincidental. They are spiritual in nature. And they have always involved great and bountiful blessings and incredible mercies.

How is it possible, that this little cat, could reconnect me with God and the Holy Spirit? When nothing on Earth, no human being, no book, no church sermon could do so? How could this little cat, impact me on so many levels? Teach me so many lessons? Change my life in so many ways? Just by his being?

Do I think I will ever see my beloved Marmalade again? I do not know. I hope and pray to be able to do so, but I will not hold God for ransom if that is not possible. For you see...meeting and knowing my boy Marmalade, was already heaven on Earth. It was paradise to know him. To be in his company. To experience such great love in my lifetime. I am grateful for the time that Marmalade and I were alloted. For the time we got to spend together. For all the joy, laughter, smiles, companionship and warmth that we experienced. For our paths to have crossed when they did. Seeing him again would be the ultimate bonus. But I am happy and content for what occured during my time with him. 

If there is a Heaven or afterlife for people, then there must be one for all animals, as in many ways they are more advanced than we are as a species in my opinion. 

The impact of knowing my boy left me connected with a higher power. It altered my entire perception of religion and faith and God, through...love. What an invaluable gift Marmalade left me. How can I ask or expect more?

James
Elizabeth Castello
Quote 0 0
Fluffycat48
What a wonderful story, I enjoy the posts on here I truly believe we will see our wonderful companions again one day I do really believe in the Here After too. I do also believe our pets are sent to us for a reason to give us joy and companionship. I also know we will see our deceased loved ones too one day also. I hope you have a Blessed week. Your Friend, Lisa
Elizabeth Castello
Quote 2 0
littlea
I lost my sweet little tuxedo cat Sox over three weeks ago.  I couldn't eat and just cried and cried (I'm not usually an emotional person).  I cry daily but am maintaining a routine and the weight of grief eased about a week ago.   I keep having an urge to go and look for him - a strange feeling because he died of a tumour.  I miss him terribly and wish he was here. Nothing can take his place.

I was tidying the other day and for a few seconds I could smell flowers like a bunch of pretty flowers but I couldn't name what they were.  There were no flowers in the house at all, doors were closed, no windows open, no perfume or air fresheners - nothing.  I realised the smell was around Sox's food bowls.  He loved his food right to the end.  I don't know if it was a sign or not but it brought a small amount of comfort.  I hope that he is in a place full of pretty flowers.  

I rang my friend the other day her phone's been broken so it was the first time I had spoken to her for a while I wanted to talk about Sox and how upset I was. Her cat had also died around the same time as Sox.  She did tell me she has seen her other cats appear in front of her this after some time had passed after they have died, she was not expecting it, she just saw them just for a brief time. 
Quote 1 0
kikis_mom_1118
My beliefs lead me to believe that Kiki and I will be together again. I've had 4 dreams of her since she has been gone and the one that sticks out the most was me holding her with my hands and she was wiggling wanting me to let her go. She doesn't want me to grieve because she is ok. 
Quote 2 0
AlisaJahne
Hello, 
I feel your pain as I had to let my baby boy go after seven wonderful years together. Not only am I not dealing with it very well, but his sister is still wandering around the house, going to his favorite places to look for him. She wakes me up in the morning and lays on my chest to give me kitty kisses and we spend a few minutes just being together and enjoying each other’s company. Some days I break down and just cry for a half hour or so, some days it’s more of a “tears through the day” thing as the apartment is full of memories of him. I opted to have my boy cremated and wear a small necklace with a bit of his remains. I have ordered a set of small urns for myself, my mother, and my other baby. This is what I tell her when I see that she is looking lost and lonely: Perseus was very sick and we didn’t want him to be in pain anymore so we took him to the nice doctors office and they helped him go to sleep forever so he wouldn’t hurt. Right now he’s with the Gods (I’m pagan) and they are giving him food and treats and playing with him and loving him and he doesn’t hurt anymore. But very soon (when I get his ashes into the urns) the Gods are going to send a piece of his soul back to us and when that happens we’ll be able to feel his love and a part of him will be with us always even if he can’t be here. I have this conversation with her at least once a day and sometimes my heart breaks and I have a hard time getting through it. But other times it’s easier for me because I’m not only telling her, I’m telling myself as well. Some days are just harder than others and I have to tell myself it’s OK to feel what I’m feeling, and go ahead and lose it for a while. But in the long run he’ll never be truly gone as long as we remember him and talk about him and tell everyone how much we loved him and how happy he made us while he was in our lives. I hope this helps to heal your heart a little bit.
Alisa Jahne 
Quote 3 0