Molly24
I am suffering from the loss of my cat. She was my everything and now she is gone. I am also suffering from guilt. I feel like I made the wrong decision or that I could have done something different. I know I will always miss her but when does it get better? When will I be able to function again? I am so depressed!
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Hi Molly,
I'm so sorry for your loss; it sounds like it was very recent. Unfortunately, this journey takes a long time. I lost my Rookie 5 weeks ago, and I'm still struggling. Some days are definitely better than others, but being without our companions takes a lot of adjustment. May I ask your cat's name? I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.
Quote 0 0
Molly24
Thank you so much for the response. I am so sorry for your loss as well. It is so painful. They are so much more than just pets. My kitties name was Noel. She would have been turning 15 next month. She was diagnosed with lymphoma in January. She went through chemo and got it into remission. Unfortunately I had to make the hardest decision. I lost her a little over a week ago and it seems that the pain is only getting worse. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. I will do the same for you!
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
It takes a long time to feel any better...I am so sorry for your loss. It does feel worse and worse the first several weeks. At least, it did for me. What I did in those early days, was just literally survive one minute at a time, then it was an hour, then a day. Hard stuff. Hang in there! This forum is a good place for support.
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
Millie18
Molly,

So sorry to hear about the loss of your Noel kitty. It's just so painful losing our best friends and the grieving process is like riding a see saw, some days feel up others feel down.

Those 1st few weeks are the most difficult. That's when we are ripped open raw and just try to get through the day. I had to put my pup down due to lymphoma as well. It's a horrible disease that takes over their bodies so quickly and there isn't much we can do about it. It makes us feel helpless and we begin to doubt ourselves whether we had done enough, but there is nothing we could have done to make it stop. It's all very difficult to digest what happens to them. You did the best you could and made the best decisions you could under the circumstances.

Be gentle with yourself. It will get better. You will begin to remember the happy times again. Right now you will be living with the darkness, but know that you won't be living there forever.

Sending you peace
Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0
Molly24
Thank you all for the support and for sharing your own personal experience. It feels good to talk to people that understand. Millie18 a see saw is exactly what it feels like. One minute I think I’m doing okay and the next I’m having a mental breakdown. I did try everything I could. I devoted my life to her to try and save her and yet I felt “helpless”. What was your pups name?
Quote 0 0
Molly24
MissingScooty what kind of pet did you lose and how long ago?
Quote 0 0
Millie18
Molly24,

This site has helped me tremendously when the only thing I could do was sob all day. Everyone here does indeed understand. We will all go through this together.

We do our best as their guardians but are powerless over these diseases. You did all you could and loved your kitty and she loved you back. We hold them in our hearts, but it will hurt being without them. Our worlds are turned upside down, our routines disrupted. It just sucks, plain and simple.

My girl's name was Millie. I had only had her in my life for a little over 3 short years and she passed right after her 8th birthday. I had to deal with all of the anger that reared its head. She had a very tough life and we finally were in synch, but then she got so sick. It was very tough letting her go after our lives together were just starting to blossom. Our bright future was shattered. Still struggle with that part.
Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Molly,
You are so right, definitely more than pets. I had to make the decision for my Rookie as well, and I initially had a lot of guilt over it. I'm sorry your Noel had to go through chemo.
Quote 0 0
ForMyCalypso
My cat was a my everything too. My little anchor, my little steadfast companion through almost 17 years.
It has been 5 Sundays since she passed. I guess it's Monday now, but I've been up actively grieving while the kids and partner are asleep. Not having to put on the front of being okay, when I'm really not okay.
Sundays just hit like a truck out of nowhere..

I'm sorry for your loss. The pain sucks.. guilt is normal. Bargaining, normal. Some go through more than others.

I'm sorry if my words don't help..
But just know everyone here absolutely understands what you are going through.
No one here will ever think you are wrong for the amount of grief you need to go through or for how you go through it.

Hugs and love to you during this difficult time.
Diane, pet parent of
Calypso- my most true love/princess/mama kitty.. (July 2018)
Patrick- my sweet boy (June 2013)
Clover- my pookie bear (May 2001)

I love you all and miss you, always
"Youth's like diamonds in the sun
And diamonds are forever.."

Quote 0 0