Meekosmommy
Hi all, when do you guys think is too soon to adopt another dog? I'm just so lonely and depressed without my little lap dog :( nothing will ever replace my little Meeko but I can't wait to have the feeling of my little baby who I love so much in my arms again..
Quote 0 0
Scottmisseslittleboy
There is no "magic" time period, per se. If you're not totally wrecked to your core then go to the shelter and give some love to a little one in need.
Never regret showing kindness, especially to an innocent little one in need.
My LittleBoy was taken from me by an incurable genetic kidney disease in September 2015. One of the absolute saddest days of my life.
Personally, I am still mourning I guess because, well it seems appropriate for me. I have not worn anything but all black since.
But that's my thing and I have my own reasons.

Go forth and be a blessing to a little one when you are comfortable.
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I think that only you will know when the time is right, so if you feel ready to love another little soul I`d say go for it.  We lost our old dog 5 months ago, and we decided to wait until June to go to the rescue shelters to adopt, but for me, I don`t feel ready just yet, even though I so miss having a dog beside me.   As I say, I think we just "know" instinctively when we are ready.  Good luck, keep us posted as to what you decide to do.

Hugs, Jackie

J Taylor
Quote 0 0
camunki
Since you are talking about adopting, then the time may be right. You will know and rescue a sweet lil' soul who never knew what life or love is like, that would be a great thing to do.

I lost 2 of my darling doggies last year, that was a huge hit to my heart. I ended up rescuing a pup on death row back in Feb, I did have cold feet at first, but now almost 3 mos later I have no regrets, and this sweet lil' girl that I rescued now truly knows what love and life is. Never ever to replace my Munki or Daizy who I 
lost both (11 months apart) to different types of cancer. Just giving my love to another furry soul.

Cam

Quote 0 0
et61
ONLY you will know when it is time. It sounds like you are ready. Be cautious not to compare him to your previous baby. They will never replace them in your heart. I did that and it was a big mistake on my part. I hope you find joy with your new baby, no matter when you get him/her.
Quote 0 0
BeachieGirl33
Tomorrow will be 11 weeks since I lost my Little kitty.  My husband and I have been so devastated and sad.  A month ago I had this feeling to go into Petsmart to look at the kitties.  A 6 month old beautiful grey kitten "spoke" to me and started making biscuits on the window.  Long story short, I adopted him.(it was through a rescue group, so I felt like I was helping him).  My husband and son are attached to him.  It has been harder for me.  Sometimes I feel like I'm being disloyal to Little.  I'm starting to get adjusted to him.  He has brought smiles and light back into our home.  But that being said, if I had to do it over again, I probably wouldn't have adopted him.  It has been so long since we had a kitten, I had forgotten how much energy they have!  But at the time, I felt like God was leading me to this kitty and I still feel like he was.  And then some days I just feel stupid.  I guess you just have to go with your gut feeling.  I think that in time I will grow to love Kitty but I now know that I will never, ever get over losing Little.  It's something I will have to learn to cope with but I'll never get over it.  I'm always going to miss Little and it's always going to hurt. 

I'm sorry.  Reading back over what I've written, it doesn't make a lot of sense and probably isn't going to help you know when you will be ready for another doggie.  Just trust God to help you know. 

Hugs to you ...
Betty
Quote 0 0
Tracymellor
I think you should definitely get another one if you feel you are ready. I think you are like myself where you need something to provide for, take care of and shower with affection and love. They won't replace our lost babies but I think it is an injustice to them to not give your love again to another dog. They have taught us so much and showed us unconditional love and not to have that again in our lives would be a huge shame. Although it's too soon for me at the minute, I cannot imagine my life without a doggie companion xx
Quote 0 0
Meekosmommy
Thank you all for your input. I do have another dog but she is more my boyfriends dog meaning that she has a stronger connection to him and she listens more to him than to me. Plus she's bigger so she can't sit in my lap that well lol my meeko had a stronger connection to me and he was my little lap dog who sat in my lap all day long giving me kisses. I want to rescue another little guy to be my own .
Quote 0 0
jonandkathy
We had no plans to adopt after losing our boys on Dec 29, 2015. We just didn't think we were ready. But, when I was taking Luke's insulin to a rescue center to donate in Feb, my wife called and said the boys bowls flew off a shelf, like they were telling us we needed to open our hearts again.
We ended up rescuing two adult labs separately over the following month.

Like the others have said - only you know when it will be the right time. You'll never replace, but you might be able to love another again. Sorry for your loss.
Blessed to have friends like
Ginger
Bo
Bud
Clay
Luke
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
There is no time.
You have to do what your heart feels. But always make sure you are 'in love' with that new pup! Looking for a 'replacement' can work out sometimes because another dog can help you through your pain and grief, but sometimes doesn't work because they are all so different in character. But if you really felt in love with that new dog all would be well.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Rusty
Sometimes I think I may be ready to give another dog a wonderful life. But then I snap back and think how the heck can I go through losing him/her. I can't bare the thought of going through this again. Ugh
Quote 0 0