danzey
What would they think if all our babies could see how miserable and heartbroken we are?  I don't really know(?)  Do we make them sad (seeing us sad), are we keeping them from being 100% free from worry and pain, are they confused as to what they can do to help us when they can no longer jump on our laps or rub up against us (that use to work).  Are they frustrated with us, or maybe they're not able to see our emotions somehow.  I don't really know....................danzey
Quote 0 0
LinLee1947
From what I am reading here, they are so busy running, jumping and playing at the rainbow bridge waiting for us, they don't notice.

I purchased"Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates" by Gary Kurz.  Maybe some answers there?    I haven't read it yet buut soon, very soon.
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Oh my.  Sure puts a different slant on things, but personally I am going to CHOOSE to believe that they don't know how sad we are.  How could it be heaven if we could see what our loved ones were going through and not be able to do anything.  Just saying----
janice
Quote 0 0
danzey
Beaglemomma...........   ....I agree with you!!  I was thinking that somehow.....someway pets and people are shielded from our emotions.......danzey
Quote 0 0
camunki
I know they would not want to see us sad...............I still cry everyday going on 11 weeks this week, just cuz i "miss her"..........I think our pets do not want to see us sad, they want us to have the happy visions we had when they were here on earth with us............its just hard, cuz I grieve, I miss my babies (I lost 2 last year in 2015, seems like a double whammy)................but then i look to the sky, and invision my pets happy, and heathly, still with me as my guardian angels.....who i love to the moon and back.........til we meet again........

Cam

Quote 0 0
camunki
LinLee.......Cold Noses is a great book, great insight.......and at the end they have a 30 day reading that you can do (i had to do my 30 day reading 2x)!!!! it is great inspiration!!!

Cam

Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I would so hope they could not see us going through all this pain and grief. I hope my little man remembers how very much he was loved, and is now happy running free from old age and pain, restored to the young puppy he was when we rescued him from the shelter.  I`d like to think he`s met all our other cats and dogs, just waiting until we are all reunited again.  The love we shared is way to strong, we will see them again.
                Jackie. x
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Good question Danzey...
I think they know how much we love them and they come to us with signs to let us know.  They know how much it means.  Grief and sadness are the love left behind.  Time is irrelevant and they do not know time, so I feel they know, but it is just a blink of the eye for them until we are reunited.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
GrievingHannah
Dalidog wrote:
Good question Danzey...
I think they know how much we love them and they come to us with signs to let us know.  They know how much it means.  Grief and sadness are the love left behind.  Time is irrelevant and they do not know time, so I feel they know, but it is just a blink of the eye for them until we are reunited.

Dalidog,

I have not corresponded with you before...I lost my beautiful Hannah in February, 2014, but I still stop by RR to see how some of my old friends (and my new friends) are doing.

The sentence you wrote, "Grief and sadness are the love left behind" caught my attention. I believe we all feel grief and sadness because we lost a big piece of our hearts when our animal family members died.  Such emotions are part of the human condition. 

But I honestly don't believe that my grief and sadness should be the end result of the love Hannah left behind. I have to believe that love is more powerful and love has a much more positive impact than our own individual grief and sadness.  Love has to mean more than that. The love Hannah left behind for me deserves so much more than just my sadness and grief.  For me, the love Hannah left behind has to reach beyond me to count for something positive and good. 

I quote the last paragraph of my beautiful Hannah's last will and testament:

"So when I die, please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can bear." Instead, please open your hearts to an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope, and please give MY place to him.

This is the only thing that I can give....THE LOVE I LEFT BEHIND."

For me, rescuing Mack was my way of making the love Hannah left behind really count for something meaningful.  And I also believe that each of us must find the strength to reach beyond our grief and sadness.  Otherwise, losing our beautiful babies consumes us.

There's a contented dog lying on my bed right now, whose life once held no joy or hope, who is the benefactor of the the love Hannah left behind.  I'm not saying that everybody here has to rescue a dog or a cat to make the love left behind by our animal family members count for more than sadness and grief, but I firmly believe we have to reach beyond ourselves in a positive way.

It's easier said than done, and I fully understand how difficult it is.  But I am convinced that it was a way for me to honor the love Hannah left behind. 

To my way of thinking, the love Hannah left behind lives on through Mack. That's the sense of redemption, peace, and joy that I talk about all the time.

I hope this makes some sense to you.

God bless you.  I grieve with you for Dali.

Lee
Lee (Mack's and Hannah's and Heidi's and Janie's dad)

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Quote 0 0
GrievingHannah
P.S. to danzey

I think Hannah would be sad if all the love she gave me only meant that I would be sad.  I think she is happy that the love she left behind lives on through Mack.

I believe this to my core.

God bless you.
Lee (Mack's and Hannah's and Heidi's and Janie's dad)

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
very good question and i'm certain we'd all hear a resounding chorus of "please stop crying for me, I've not really left you momma or dad, i'm just in a different form".  I also believe that our loved companions know us so well that even if they don't want to see us sad, they understand that we are really missing the part of us no longer them which is them.  right after my roxie passed the night after this past Christmas I thought my heart was broken into pieces forever.  I started to realize that it's not broken at all i'm just missing the piece of my heart that roxie lovingly took with her across the bridge to have something of me with her until we meet again....thinking this way helps me get through the worse of the days lately.  i know roxie is still watching over me but just in a different way now and i feel she'd tell me to make sure tae is taken care of, that she needs me to cheer her up as much as i need her to cheer me up.   i know roxie is in heaven and i feel that my bouts of sadness and crying are becoming shorter because she is sending me her love and light to help me heal.  sometimes too that short thought sends me into tears but they don't last long and i end up with a smile on my face thinking of my dear roxie - still helping me from heaven as she did while she was earthbound.  guess once an angel, always an angel.  many many hugs to everyone
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
Hinchclj
I've been contemplating the same question. I lost my Mackenzie 8 days ago suddenly and unexpectedly. I had this feeling that she is just as shocked as I am. I can almost see her beautiful face saying "whats going on ma?" She was my little higher power girl. Whenever I was upset and crying she would come and cuddle with me. But she would only give me a little while before she would start doing her silly antics and get me to smile. I am worried that she sees me grieving so hard that I may be holding her back from enjoying the rainbow bridge, and running, playing and snuggling with her best friend who we lost in October. They were inseparable, we called them the gruesome twosome. I want her to be happy, and it hurts even more thinking I could be holding her back.
Jen
Quote 0 0
Evie123
I love these positive slants! Yes, a piece of our hearts are missing because they took them with them to look after until we are reunited. I love this Jerseynonna.
Quote 0 0