Julia_Loves_McCartney
Here you can tell everyone what you loved about your pet, and share stories about them too. I'll start off with what I loved about my tabby kitty McCartney who passed July 11th:

-He was so lively, and even as an adult still acted like a kitten and had a kitten face.

-He was a big mush, and true lover boy. Never got tired of affection and gave it in return. I could always tell that he loved me! He knew I loved him too.

-Nothing ever bothered him. When we got new pets for example, he wouldn't be standoff-ish or anything. He was the first to welcome them. And he just hung out and was cool with anything!

-He was so mischievous, and smart! Getting into the fridge, cupboard, stealing out of dog dishes, running down the hall with a packet of cat food in his mouth that he stole out of the cupboard! And taking it under the bed to eat. Anything to get food. He wasn't fat though.

-He loved people food. Ice cream was his number one! He'd follow me around while I ate it, pawing at me and purring his head off.

-He would sit at the kitchen table while I ate. Or if I ate in the living room, he sat right next to me on the arm of the couch! He wanted food, but he also wanted to be with me too.

-He always was happy to see me, whether I was coming home from somewhere or just entering a room. He'd hear his name and me baby talking, which he loved, and he'd plop on the floor and stretch, and roll around and claw the rug. He was literally squirming with excitement!

-He always kept me company. On weeknights, I would be doing chores before work the next day. I'd iron clothes, and pack my lunch. He sat in his special spot on the hoosier cabinet in the kitchen and followed me all around as I moved around the kitchen. And begged for food! He even hung around and begged for hermit crab food!

-He slept next to me almost every night. Sometimes right by my head and halfway under the covers. I could even rest my head on his curled up body like a pillow, and he would love it and just purr harder. A lot of cats wouldn't like that, but he did.

-He would be inside the house, and get up on his hind legs and paw the front door super fast with both front paws, back and forth! Like he was running. It was funny being on the porch and seeing him through the door window doing that! He was an indoor cat, but always wanted to go outside! Sometimes I carried him around out there.

-I loved the little jingle his collar made. He didn't mind wearing a collar either, I think he actually liked wearing one. His collar got lost one time in the house, must've got caught on something and broke loose. When we found it, I held it up and shook it and said "McCartney, what's this?!" and would baby talk. He looked at it with big eyes and purred hard and looked excited, like "Hey, I remember that!" And he let me put it right back on him.

-He could do cool tricks, like slapping five, shaking hands, sitting at the kitchen table on a chair, jumping on my back, and walking across my legs like a bridge into my lap. I could tell he loved doing them, too.

-He would love it when I carried him on his back like a baby! He purred strong and pawed my face while I carried him. He would open and close his paws while he did it.

-I loved his love bites! He would rub all over my head, and bite and shake it out of love!

-He loved the sound of his name, and actually came when called.

-He liked to lay or sit in funny things, like boxes (picture above, haha).

-He never hid, and was always right in the middle of the action in the kitchen. He'd sit in his spot on the hoosier cabinet and listen to us talk, sometimes closing his eyes while he sat upright. He loved the sound of our voices. And he loved when everyone would give him love and food while he sat there and he'd act all excited and purr hard as always. He just liked to hang out with us all the time.

Thanks for reading, there's so much more that I will probably add later!

~I love you eternally, McCartney boy~

You can visit my kitty McCartney's Rainbow Bridge Memorial here: http://www.rainbowbridge.com/residents/MCCAR001/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
MonkeysMama
Julia,

I loved reading about McCartney. When its not so hard, I look forward to sharing about Monkey. What a great idea for a thread, I'm looking forward to reading what others have to say about their babies.

Thanks for sharing :)

Sending love your way,
Angelena
Monkey
April 1st, 2011 - June 7th, 2014
Rest in peace my sweet baby boy, I can't wait to see you again.
Quote 0 0
Katel
Thanks for telling us about MCartney and the antics he got up to.  What a gentle sweet boy he
was.  You can see the personality in his face. 

I l;ove the way he always tried every trick in the book to get food -  and the way you could
lay on him like a pillow. 

What a blessing to have had a lovely gently funny cat like him and you were able to let
him know he was dearly loved.

Love and hugs to you
Kate 
Quote 0 0
Julia_Loves_McCartney
I started this topic nearly a year ago, and wanted to revive it! Hopefully some new comers will add to it.

Still missing my McCartney every day. Can't believe it's been almost a year. My Desmond is doing well, and reminds me of McCartney very much. I wish they could've met each other and been friends :(

You can visit my kitty McCartney's Rainbow Bridge Memorial here: http://www.rainbowbridge.com/residents/MCCAR001/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Jimbo106
bump
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Julia
I love your stories about McCartney and think this is a great idea

I plan to add some of  my boys antics soon

thanks so much for sharing

Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
danzey
Molly and Ashley were/are my twins.  I loved having them because no one could tell them apart (except me !)  I could even tell them apart in the dark (they had a slight weight difference).  They looked like twinkies, light golden and white.  Molly was the braver of the two.  Well, braver when she was outside; once she came inside she was a sweet little baby.  At night (in bed if I darned to open a bag of potato chips or crackers they'd come running (and I do mean running) into the room to see what they could have to eat.  I would tease them sometimes and hide the stuff under the blankets; saying to them "There's nothing here, really I don't have anything".  At this time they were indoor/outdoor cats, and Molly would always come inside about ten/fifteen minutes after I would get home from school, jump on the bed with me and go to sleep at my feet.  One day I went to school, and never saw her again.  I was told that she had been hit by a car and my brother buried her.  I never asked where (?)  I learned then to go into the bathroom and turn the water on full blast; that way you could cry and no one could hear you.  I didn't come here (this web-site) because if I did it would mean she really was gone.  After that it was me and Ashley.  He became an indoor cat after that, and we agreed that he would never leave me (never).  He always would sleep with me, coming into bedroom about 20 minutes after I would go to bed; so I'd always wait up for him.  He always gave me those head butt kisses.  I always felt bad about him being alone with just me, I hope in the end that he really didn't mind; I know I loved every minute I had with him.  Eventually he had to go to Molly.  I understood.  He had been with me a good long time and Molly; on the other hand had been alone a long time.  She needed her brother, it was only fair.  Again, I didn't come here because it would mean that he was really gone...........   
Quote 0 0
Julia_Loves_McCartney
Hi danzey, I loved reading about your precious cats. They sound so adorable and I wish I could meet them. That's cute that they came running when they heard a bag of chips or crackers being opened! My tabby McCartney liked treats like that a lot too. It was hard to keep him from being so pesky! But I loved having him around to beg anyways. How could I not laugh.

So sorry for your losses. I'm sending prayers your way.

Do you have any pictures of Molly and Ashley? I'd love to see how cute they are :)

Quote 0 0
Jimbo106
I read on Patent123's thread about pulling Fairchild in a wagon, and it reminded me about something back in 2001.

Jamie was 5years old at the time, and I had to stay at my folks for a month. Rather than drive back and forth to my house to see her every night, I moved her over to my parents house with me. My Mom gets allergies, so Jamie and I stayed in their finished basement. I felt bad because there was only one little window, so as soon as I got home from work I would put her in her carrier and we'd sit on the porch. One night my Mom wanted to take a walk down the street and asked me to go along. In the garage was a baby stroller that she kept for when my niece came over. I put the carrier in the stroller and pushed Jamie all around the neighborhood. When I got home from work the next day, my Mom told me that more than one neighbor had called to ask what I had in the carrier. After that, people would come out to see Jamie as we made our nightly trip. She loved all the attention, sitting there like a little princess.

It seems like yesterday ago.....

Jim
Quote 0 0
Julia_Loves_McCartney
Cute story, Jim!

Quote 0 0
shantismom
With all the cats I have had there are many stories.  My first cat liked to lick my peanut butter and jelly sandwich and would come out whenever I had one to have a little.
Our cat Pippin would jump up into the boxing chair and have a match with my husband, I could hear him smack my husband with his paw.  He would also come out into the kitchen and hump up and jump sideways to get me to chase him.
Gilden would meet my husband each day by jumping up on the kitchen chair, standing up on the back and greeting him.
Snicker would come to me and put his paws on each side and tuck his head under my chin.  He loved to eat little pieces of Doritos also.  He was a one person cat,and I had the privilege of being that person.  We had quite a love affair.
Shanti was sweet and gentle.  He was friendly and would come when I called him.  He always kept me company when I took a bath.  Head butts, purrs and just the most loving way, he was the best.  He would suck on my nightgown when he was little and when he got older would just stick his nose on me and knead. He liked to get a lick or two of cheese puffs if we were having a snack.  Beautiful boy, the cat love of my life.
Sable is still here with me, she likes to get inside my clothes and snuggle.  She loves to be petted and fussed over and she loves to talk.  Sweet girl.  As long as I don't have to give her any medication she's a real sweetheart, if I do she is a maniac.  She is also loved and good company now that my Shanti is gone.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
danzey
Julia............I'd love to show off Molly and Ash, but I have no printer/scanner.  Thank you for asking though...........danzey
Quote 0 0
danzey
Joey was my first ever parakeet.  He was green and yellow.  After reading everything I could on parakeets I finally got Joey!  One of the things I read about parakeets, was that you could teach them to talk, so that's exactly what I did.  His first phrase was "My name is Joey", and "Joey's a handsome boy".  One day I was outside when I heard him say "Ashley"!.  I had never taught him that.  It never really occurred to me how often I may have said Ashley's name, but I guess it was enough, so that Joey actually leaned it on his own.  After Joey I got Buddy and after Buddy I got Penny.  Buddy was blue, and Penny was green, yellow, and blue.  They never did learn to talk, but it didn't matter.  There are more important things then talking.  Again, I never bothered to come to this site, because if I did, some how it really would mean that they were gone
Quote 0 0
danzey
Between Buddy and Penny (my Parakeets); I got Blacky.  I had always wanted a dog, but their a little harder to come by.  My kitty's (for the most part) were strays.  Trust me, I wasn't going around taking other people's cats; they were 100% strays.  Blacky came to me through a cousin who was having a difficult time and needed someone who he knew would care for him.  Blacky was a black lab, and soooooo handsome.  He has beautiful brown eyes.  Up until he came to live with me, my cousin took him everywhere so he got along with with all sorts of people and animals.  I only saw him bark at another dog once, and that was when we were walking past a home and the other dog came up to the fence and started to bark at us.  The other dog sounded very angry, so Blacky went up to the fence and started barking back at him (just as angry).  I loved walking with him.  I would get up at 5am and he'd be up and waiting.  It was never to early or late for a walk.  We talked all the time during our walks, and I'd sing him the goofy songs I'd make up for him.  I'd take him out back, and we'd have races (he always won), or I'd hide from him when his back was turned.  He would walk ahead of me, but when we would walk to the park up the hill, by the time we got back he would be a bit tired and he'd be walking with me!  That's because it would take us about 40-45 minutes to get there and back.  Eventually it got harder to get to that park (hills and distance) for him, so we would go to the park closer to us.  Every Sunday we'd show up.  Along with us would be a group of men (about 8 I think), they would be there playing tennis.  And then there was the other group of people (maybe 12) who did Ti Chi.  Blacky and I on the other hand would walk around the park leaving peanuts at different tree's for the squirrels, then we would stop under a tree and I would comb/brush him with one of those blade things.  After I was done we'd be surrounded by black hair and I pick in up and leave it in the fence for the birds to use for their nest.  When I would give him a bath, I would put his leash on and connect him to the truck so he couldn't walk away.  He wasn't a fan of baths, but I loved the idea of him being cool, fresh, and clean.  When I'd be getting more soap, I could see him out of the corner of my eye watching me, and slowly taking steps away from me.  Such a silly boy!  One day we ran into this woman who had three dogs.  We were aware of her and had talked to her before.  She never had any control over her dogs though (never).  On this day they got away from her and attacked Blacky.  She froze until I yelled at her to get her dogs off of Blacky.  After that, he seemed to change.  It's like he suddenly became aware that he was older now.  I use to always tell him, "Blacky, it doesn't matter that I didn't know you when you were a baby; it only matter's that I know you now".  I told him that on his last day too.  Besides missing him, I think what I miss most are the hugs I would give him.  I could hug him as hard as I wanted, and he never complained..............    
Quote 0 0