Valley_hughes
Man I miss my boy so much today. I found the strength to go back out in public without crying my eyes out. Started thinking of the pain of losing him and it made me realize that I need to be present and in the now always. Life is too short and the people and animals we love will not be here forever. I wish that I had spent more time with him the last year. I can never get that time back and the only way I can think to make this up to him is by spending more time with those I love and cherish. Learning the lessons he was here to teach me and following through for the rest of my life. Thank you Peanut my love. I will cherish your memory always.
Quote 1 0
Tankie12
That’s beautiful Valerie💛
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Tankie12 wrote:
That’s beautiful Valerie💛

Thank you 💕. I started tearing up in public today but found myself showing his picture proudly to a few people. Gone but not forgotten and I hope he can see me and how much I love him and miss him.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
The one thing that I think our babies teach us when they pass is to never waste a day. Many of us on this forum think back and wish they would have spent more time with their baby. Whether it's with a current pet or a future one, we should enjoy their company to the fullest every single day because we never know how much time we have with them. I'm happy that you are able to show pictures with pride and not cry.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
I love what you wrote about the lessons your beloved Peanut taught you. ❤️ I think we can all learn so much from our beautiful friends. My heartfelt condolences on your loss.
Hugs, MJ
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
MAlcindor wrote:
The one thing that I think our babies teach us when they pass is to never waste a day. Many of us on this forum think back and wish they would have spent more time with their baby. Whether it's with a current pet or a future one, we should enjoy their company to the fullest every single day because we never know how much time we have with them. I'm happy that you are able to show pictures with pride and not cry.

Thank you for your kind words. I wish I would have held him while he was sleeping more. He slept a lot! The first few days I was constantly in tears but the more I talk about him the more peace I feel and the better I am able to express my feelings without losing it. This group is amazing as I can see that I am not alone and that maybe I didn’t do as crappy of a job as I think I did. Everyone on here is just so wonderful and I feel so incredibly blessed.
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Bailey15 wrote:
I love what you wrote about the lessons your beloved Peanut taught you. ❤️ I think we can all learn so much from our beautiful friends. My heartfelt condolences on your loss.
Hugs, MJ

It’s so amazing how much we can learn from those who don’t speak to our ears but to our hearts. Thank you so much for your kind words. All the love we all show each other is so helpful in this process.
Quote 0 0
Sil
Valley hughes,

Just love your quote... "....how much we can learn from those who don't speak to our ears, but to our hearts".  This is so true, these precious fur babies speak a very special language, that only our heart hears.  For this language, we need to be very still and just let our hearts do the listening.  (((Hugs)))
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Sil wrote:
Valley hughes,

Just love your quote... "....how much we can learn from those who don't speak to our ears, but to our hearts".  This is so true, these precious fur babies speak a very special language, that only our heart hears.  For this language, we need to be very still and just let our hearts do the listening.  (((Hugs)))

Thank you. It just sucks so bad that sometimes we have to go through the pain of losing them to truly appreciate their message. Live and learn. Many blessings to you.
Quote 0 0
KathyT
Valley_hughes wrote:
Man I miss my boy so much today. I found the strength to go back out in public without crying my eyes out. Started thinking of the pain of losing him and it made me realize that I need to be present and in the now always. Life is too short and the people and animals we love will not be here forever. I wish that I had spent more time with him the last year. I can never get that time back and the only way I can think to make this up to him is by spending more time with those I love and cherish. Learning the lessons he was here to teach me and following through for the rest of my life. Thank you Peanut my love. I will cherish your memory always.
Quote 0 0