Chenillecat
It has been 17 months since I had to let my precious Matski go to the Rainbow Bridge and in that time I have adopted four cats/kittens and have rehomed every one of them. Had one three days shy of a year when I rehomed her. I keep saying I am not trying to replace Matski but in every one I look for similarities to Matski. The last one was even a Siamese like Matski except she was a flame point and Matski was a seal point. I know I could never have another seal point.

I am 57 years old and have had cats since I was a toddler. I miss my Baby so much and am so lonesome without her. A friend told me there will never be another Matski and I know that but I miss having a cat in my life so why do I keep rehoming them?
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
You shared an amazing bond with Matski. 17 months seems like a long time but it really isn't. My thought would be that you need to allow yourself a little more time to mourn your beloved Matski. When we have such a devastating loss we just want the pain to go away. Another cat (in time) will be wonderful company but they will have their own personality. Be kind to yourself but allow yourself to grieve for your baby first. Come back and post here - it helps talking with others who understand your pain. Try not to put a time limit on your grief. It takes as long as it takes. You will always miss Matski but someday your heart will be open enough to allow another little friend inside as well. Peace and hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Your heart will know when it's ready to let another baby into your heart. I honestly believe the right one will find you, and although it will not be Matski's replacement, she will be a different kind of special. Give yourself more time and you will see the right one will find you.
Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
You may think this is a crazy solution, but have you considered getting a puppy?  I was a cat person growing up, and when I was 22 I got a kitten with whom I developed a very special bond.  When he died at 14 I was inconsolable, even though I had several other cats plus by that time I had three children.  After seven months I still could not shake the feeling of loneliness and depression.  I needed to have another relationship like the one I'd had with my special cat. Then I got a puppy, and joy returned to my life.  That was 28 years ago, and since then I have been a dog person.  Four months ago I lost my beloved dachshund, and am planning to get another dachshund puppy in a few weeks.  I'm 64, so a puppy will be more of a challenge than when I was younger, but I need a special animal in my life.  It's just a suggestion, but I think you might consider a little dog.  -Dachsiemom 
Moira - remembering Brandon
"Better lo'ed ye canna be. Will ye no' come back again?"
Quote 0 0
Lynn62
Chenillecat wrote:
It has been 17 months since I had to let my precious Matski go to the Rainbow Bridge and in that time I have adopted four cats/kittens and have rehomed every one of them. Had one three days shy of a year when I rehomed her. I keep saying I am not trying to replace Matski but in every one I look for similarities to Matski. The last one was even a Siamese like Matski except she was a flame point and Matski was a seal point. I know I could never have another seal point.

I am 57 years old and have had cats since I was a toddler. I miss my Baby so much and am so lonesome without her. A friend told me there will never be another Matski and I know that but I miss having a cat in my life so why do I keep rehoming them?
Quote 0 0
Lynn62
Because you are looking for Matski. And although you are excited about getting the kittys, once the excitement dies down you realize that they can never love you like your dear baby, so you find them separate from them. Take time and research a kitty that's a lil older
Quote 0 0
Chenillecat
Thank y'all for your kind reply's to my post. I have just been so lonesome without my Precious Matski. 

Dachsiemom I have thought about getting a puppy. Guess I am kinda scared to do that because dogs are so different from cats.

Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
Chenillecat wrote:

Quote 0 0