Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
Kyle

Reply with quote  #46 
I miss you pretty bad today Twi. I love you so much and I think about you every day. I'd give anything to feel your chin on my lap just one more time. I hope you are watching over your mom and I, its been a tough year for us.
Tankie12

Reply with quote  #47 
My girl left a week prior to Twi so I really appreciate what you’ve accomplished in the months since. I’m sure he’s watching over both you and your wife and especially proud of his Daddy,,,,,

Reply with quote  #48 
Thank you Tankie! I thought at first that this was something you get over, but I see now that it is something that stays a part of you, that you learn to live with. I hope you have found a way to cope as well.
Tankie12

Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
Thank you Tankie! I thought at first that this was something you get over, but I see now that it is something that stays a part of you, that you learn to live with. I hope you have found a way to cope as well.

This showed up about 4 months after Tankie passed and it’s helped me realize your life changes, not just for now but always, our lives began the change the minute our hearts became theirs,,,,,

Attached Images
jpeg D3FB6242-A442-4E73-9706-02A3482AE2E2.jpeg (198.78 KB, 7 views)

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #50 
"An element of yourself, alteration of your being. " Thank you Tankie....yet another thing I need to screenshot and remind myself of. ❤
Tankie12

Reply with quote  #51 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiesmama
"An element of yourself, alteration of your being. " Thank you Tankie....yet another thing I need to screenshot and remind myself of. ❤

Never envisioned these would be a part of our lives to fall back on😔

Reply with quote  #52 
Hello Kyle,

I just read your story and am very sorry for your loss. I lost my millie similarly. She was 8 and had lymphoma as well. She was a food hound and the last week she wasn't able to eat her favorite foods anymore.

I too envisioned seeing her age naturally and felt so angry that our time together was short changed.

Twilight was a beautiful pup and I hope he continues to visit you in your dreams

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Kyle

Reply with quote  #53 
Tankie, thank you for posting that, I am saving it because it rings so true.
Millie, thank you for the kind words and for sharing some of your story. Lymphoma is awful, but Millie was beautiful and I'd love to hear for about her!
Millie18

Reply with quote  #54 
Kyle, I hope you have found comfort on this site. I'm so glad you've been able to disregard the "male stigma" and share with us. I know this forum has helped me through the worst of my process.

I started a page with Millie's story. Here's the link:

https://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/i-miss-my-little-millie-girl-9809116?trail=15

Here's the link to her memorial page that her rescue set up for her. Her nose work class made a donation in her honor:

https://www.chinesesharpeinetwork.com/gifts-in-honor-of.html

I hope your day is filled with happy memories of your Twilight and sweet dream visits at night

MAlcindor

Reply with quote  #55 
Kyle I just read your story about Twilight and I am so sorry for your loss. It's a terrible thing to go through this type of grief and feel alone while doing it. I never imagined the pain would be so intense and overwhelming. I thank God every singe day for having found this forum where everyone understands the grief and how life changing it really is. We grieve as deep as we love, whether you're male of female, feelings are the same and it hurts when our babies are gone, they leave such a hole in our lives. I really hope you continue to post about your Twilight. I've found it very therapeutic to not only post about my babies but also replying to other posts as well. 

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MAX42339/Resident.htm
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BAILE490/Resident.htm

catiebee

Reply with quote  #56 
Kyle, it's good to see you here again, getting some support. Though I'm so sorry your heart is still torn and you need it. I surely understand. I remember you from this spring and my precious girl also was taken by lymphoma. So cruel!

Keep writing as much as you need to.  I think the grief takes a lot more time and energy than most of us expected. Wishing you heaps of comfort.

Kyle

Reply with quote  #57 
Millie,
Thank you for sharing, I think that is wonderful that you set a page up to tell her story. I want to write down everything about Twilights life at some point to just sort of honor his memory and make me feel better going through all of our memories together too. MAIcindor I agree, it had been therapeutic for me also, I tend to come here when its all I can think about and just want to talk about Twilight.
Catiebee,
Its nice to hear from you again too! I hope you have some peace and comfort with your grief as well. Its crazy how much this experience has actually changed me. I have become a more emotional person in general, and feel like I'm more sensitive, which is weird for me. But I also understand grief much better and know that it doesnt just go away, even when life forces you to keep moving. Take care of yourself,
Kyle
Millie18

Reply with quote  #58 
Hi Kyle,

I hope you've been doing ok. Yes, writing her story, at least a small clip for the was therapeutic. I've written her story in a more detailed fashion as well because I'm afraid that in time I won't be able to remember them and needed to write immediately as my emotions were pouring out through the grief. I also intend to one day write a  children's book about the not so pretty throw away dog who ended up top of her class. One day.

Hopefully you'll get to write Twilight's story when you are ready to do so.

This grief changes us from the inside out. It's interesting that you are becoming aware of the process and how it has affected you. We are definitely transformed by the experience.

All the best on your journey. : )

Kyle

Reply with quote  #59 
Well, its been just over a year now since we said goodbye to you. I still think about you every day Twi. I hope you are up there with your chin on Grandpa Taylor now. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. We finally adopted another pup and he loves watching Interstellar with us on Friday nights too, which is good because we named him Tars. He is a good little pup, but completely different personality than you. I think you would love him like we do. But even having Tars doesn't make it so we don't still miss you and your personality. You were so special and just one of a kind. Just know we miss you so much, and you have changed our lives forever for having shared our lives with you. We are lucky to have had that privilege. I love you Twilight!
Kyle

Reply with quote  #60 
Well here we are again. We lost you 2 years ago now. Although it's still a tough day, I can say when we go through your pictures and videos I look back with smiles instead of crying the whole time. Thank you for still giving me signs you around us Twizzler. Your mom and I still think about you every single day and we miss you every day. We are happy we have little Tars around now, we are going to give him the best life we can. He's a lot different than you but you would love him. We are taking him on all the adventures we took you on and he just loves it. Until we meet again, we love you Twi!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.