Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
Lulu_Zandersmom1

Reply with quote  #16 
To Kyle and COOKIES4 -
My heart is right there with you both as you grieve your babies leaving you.    I've never seen my husband cry as hard in my life when we had to put our sweet rottie girl Lulu down with little warning when the vet found a cancerous mass in her abdomen.    This happened on 8/28/17.   Then on 9/10/17 our beautiful rottie boy Zander followed her.    I wasn't sure my husband was going to be able to survive this tremendous heartbreak losing them both and so close together.   
Even today when we reminisce about either one of them we both tear up.     Our lives are enriched by every day our pups are with us and we have hold that close to provide a little comfort to ourselves.     {{{hugs}} to both of you!
Kyle

Reply with quote  #17 
To Catiebee,
Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm sorry you lost your baby to lymphoma as well. Just like you said, it is just a rotten disease. I hope you can find some comfort here. Its been a month for me now, and coming here has helped me more than I thought it would. I came here not knowing why I was posting here but now I understand.
Lulu,
I can't imagine going through that back to back like you and your husband did. That would take a lot of strength to get through. Thank you for your support here, it really means a lot. I wish you and your husband peace.
catiebee

Reply with quote  #18 
Thank you, Kyle. I think it really really helps to talk with people that we know understand. Yesterday I kept hanging onto my phone and telling myself that even if I didn't know them, that there were other people on the planet hurting as bad as I've been, over the loss of their precious fur babies.  Keep taking care of you.
Mollysmomforever

Reply with quote  #19 
So terribly sorry for your loss, Kyle.  Twilight's gentle, loving soul just shines through in his photos.  What a wonderful family practitioner you will be since you obviously are a deeply caring person.  We lost our Molly just 2 days ago (only 9 years old and in great health; she just went to sleep and never woke up).  It is hard to bear the loss of a beloved companion, but, knowing that others understand does help.  Prayers for comfort and healing to you.

catiebee

Reply with quote  #20 
Looking in on you this morning, Kyle. I hope things are easing for you, even a little. Wishing you comfort.
Kyle

Reply with quote  #21 
Thank you Catiebee, it was a little rough this morning because his water dish finally dried up (I couldn't bring myself to dump it for some reason). But overall I think I've been able to focus on how lucky we are to have known him and shared so many great adventures together. Thanks again.
Kyle

Reply with quote  #22 
Theres a song called This Gift by Glen Hansard that my wife and I heard one time years ago and it always reminded us of Twilight. It was kind of "his song". Since he's passed I play it every morning in the shower. It is a beautiful song that makes sense during his life and after his passing. If you haven't ever heard it you should give it a listen, wonderful lyrics and music.
RileysMom

Reply with quote  #23 
Hi Kyle,

You’ve been in my thoughts. Sorry about the water bowl... I relate in many ways. But I’m glad you’ve been able to focus on more positive things. That is by far a healthier way to be. Hoping for more and more good memories to come your way!

Kyle

Reply with quote  #24 
Thank you, I hope you are doing well too. My wife got me the coolest gift today. Its like a museum quality picture of the night sky where we live at on the night we picked up Twilight and started our journey. I'm a huge space nut too so its perfect for me.

Attached Images
jpeg 20180214_171212.jpg (6.87 MB, 8 views)

RileysMom

Reply with quote  #25 
That is AWESOME, what a cool gift! Huge space nerd here too if you couldn’t tell. Wow, I would never have thought of such a thing. Great idea Kyle’s wife! 👍🏼

catiebee

Reply with quote  #26 
That is an incredibly thoughtful and lovely gift.  Wow!

I love that you play his song every morning--that is a beautiful thing!

I completely understand about the water bowl. It's good to hear that good memories are starting to rise in your heart.

Sending warm thoughts and caring that these days are still so hard. 

ForMitookie_03

Reply with quote  #27 
Kyle, that truly is an awesome gift.  I hope that you are finding some respite from the raw pain of loss.  I know that is Twilight would want that for you.  Hope you have a wonderful tomorrow!

Reply with quote  #28 
Hi Kyle,  just checking in to see how you are doing.  I hope you are having better days and have found some peace and comfort through all of this grief.

Marina

Reply with quote  #29 
Hi there,
Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. I would have to say I am doing a little better. I tend to come here when I'm not doing so well, so I haven't been on here in a few days. Part of what makes healing so difficult for me is that I don't want to be "better". I get sad thinking that "better" means I stop thinking about Twilight and that seems wrong. I know that in reality you have to heal, but I still feel guilty for it. I will keep you in my thoughts as well, I am grateful for everyone here!
Purzel

Reply with quote  #30 
Kyle,

I just read your post and I am deeply sorry for your loss. Your words touched my heart and I am reaching out for you.

I think to get “better” does not mean at all to stop thinking about our beloved ones but it rather means to think about the beloved one with joy and gratefulness because we were so lucky they came into our lives. That they gifted us with their unconditional love and such precious memories forever living inside of us.

This is what I hope to feel when the dark clouds cease to pour their heavy rain upon me and bright sunshine will fill my heart. I want to reach the point where I dont cry over my loss but embrace what I had.

[hundi]

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.