Lauracee123
On the 19th October I lost my 11 year old jack Russel terrier Molly she had battled around 6 months with diabeties but she had taken a turn for the worst on the 19th and I had to take her to be put to sleep, she was my baby and I am absaloutly broken without her, last night I had a dream that she was in the kitchen she came from behind the washing machine and she was still ill not as ill as I had last seen her but ill as in she was abit all over the place not walking very well? I was just wondering has anyone else had this? And does anyone know what it may mean? I feel like I let her down keeping her alive so lon because I was selfish and didn't know what I'd do without her when she was so ill I feel even worse today after the dream than I did before
Laura xx
Quote 0 0
Korrasdad
I’ve had dreams about old pets before, sometimes they are very near to me in the dream and kiss my face or are sitting beside me. It’s hard to say what it means to you. You sound like you are carrying some guilt over keeping her with you longer than you think you should have. I had a dog with diabetes too, we barely saved him when we finally realized what was happening. We managed to keep him pretty healthy for another 4 years or so, but I think sometimes I should have let go before I did too. Bones didn’t seem to be in pain, but he had gone mostly blind and was weak by the time I made my decision. He still seemed happy to see me every morning, though he certainly didn’t bound out of bed like he used to. But he wagged his tail and happily accepted my love.

Please don’t blame yourself for Loving Molly. She certainly looks VERY loved in the Photo You posted! I’m sure she knew, in her way, how you felt about her. I don’t think she wanted to leave you either. She was grateful for every moment she had with you. Maybe she’s in your dreams to give you more time with her, maybe she’s trying to help you.
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Not all dreams we get about them are about what is actually, really happening to them, or are a message from their Souls.
Some dreams are all tangled-up with our own worries, fears and subconscious. And sometimes tangled up with the last few days of a companion's life and the memories of that.

Humans are more likely to hang on to ideas of illness after a loved one has died, than the loved one is actually experiencing in Spirit-state. For these animals, they don't hang on to those concepts after they have passed. They readily accept their new state of being. They are freed from illness when they pass. My own dog showed me that. Once they are gone from the body -and it's only the BODY which is ill! -they adapt very happily to their new condition. I was amazed to learn that from my dog, and glad I did.
They live "in the moment" more than we do, and don't hang on to negative things which have now gone away.

It could be that your dreams are trying to hold on in some way -to your last memories of Molly. Those memories are full of anxiety and worry. They are bound to be, as those were the last days of the illness. But it feels like your last real contact with her.

But behind them are also memories of all the wonderful life you shared. Slowly the other memories will come along. But at first they can be a bit hard to remember as they hurt. They only hurt because you feel that the loved one is no more. Once you feel that they are still alive though in a different state, and they still love you and love goes on, then it slowly becomes less fearful. The dreams might well change, then.

If you find it hard to sense the love, then just hold on and KNOW that it is there. My Misty showed me for sure it definitely is.
I hope that soon, or some time in the future, you will meet Molly and know she is okay. Bless her.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 1 0
Korrasdad
Very nice Mistysmama. What a lovely thing.
Quote 0 0
Lauracee123
Thank you so much korrasdad and mistysmama your words have brought me great comfort in this sad time, I certainly see things in a different light now and will focus on the good times with My Molly instead of the sad times, thank you both again xx
Laura xx
Quote 0 0
jeffreyburcham
I had to say goodbye to my Satin Marie June 1, 2017 after what I thought was a victory in her 2 year battle with Mast Cell tumors, starting in summer of 2015. I have had to say goodbye to other beloved four legged kids and they came to see me in my dreams very shortly after they had left, as if to let me know they were okay and they were checking up on me. With Satin, the visit came much later, months later. Since that time, she has only came to me in a dream once, that I can fully be aware of. Never sick, and not in the context of our home being as it is. The dreams were a bit disturbing to me at first but I came to the belief that she was checking on me, making certain I was doing okay.

I still feel as if she has not fully crossed the Bridge, for me, as if she needs to be here. I keep telling her she can go but in reality, I don't want to lose that contact with her, even if it is in a dream.

Mistysmama said it best, our fur babies do not hold onto events like we humans do. They really do live for the moment. They do not carry grudges and I know that they know when they are loved, no different than knowing when they are not. It's the love we give them, and the greater love they give us in return, that is important to all of us, and them. I feel because there are those of us who show/showed unconditional love (as best as we humans are capable of doing so), that our fur babies have to come to us in our dreams, if only for a brief moment. I feel that even animals cannot fully let go, not at first.

As time goes on, the dreams do change, the visits not so often. Sometimes it may be years before a fur baby comes back in our dreams. That's the bond and love between us and it transcends both the physical and spiritual worlds. I still think of Satin Marie all the time, refusing to fully let her go and maybe for me, that's not always a good thing. And maybe it's why she hasn't fully left me. Part of me still second guesses my decisions and there is definitely guilt on my part. I sometimes think she is trying to let me know it's okay, to not beat myself up, that she knows I did all I could do. My brain tells me those things but a part of me just can't accept it, still Like all fur babies, she was my light, my world and my puppy girl. I do take solace in knowing that SHE knew she was loved and I know that she loved me very dearly. It's those memories that keep me. Those same memories you have of your beautiful Molly girl will keep you as well. She knew she was the world to you and she could never have asked for a better mommy. 

Peace and tail wagging thoughts to you and to everyone else here.

Jeffrey
Quote 0 0
GreenAmy
I've dreamt about my cat Veronica and I being united again in dreams.  I can see her clearly, smell her, feel her fur.  She always does the things she used to do when alive and one is resting her head against mine.  I'm convinced I'm somehow astrally travelling and really meeting her in spirit.  I believe this is possible for all bereaved pet owners.  I've not dreamed of her in a while though.  Not sure what that means.
I love you Veronica, mummy's little posh girl, now and forever.
Quote 0 0
Lauracee123
Thank you everyone for your beautiful messages, each message has brought great comfort to me I'm feeling a lot better about things thinking and talking about the good times and putting the sad times to the back of my mind, I have the most beautiful memory's of her and I tell everyone everyday about the funny things she did everyday, this week I have put all my effort into making sure that her memory garden is as beautiful as it can be making that nice makes me feel a lot better things too, in time I hope that I will have another dream of her happy and well but first I need to let go of this guilt that I feel,

Thank you all again for your kind words it really does give me great comfort

Xx
Laura xx
Quote 0 0