TKT
Hi everyone,

I am new here and English is not my primary language so please bear with me if what I post sounds awkward.

Every single one of you guys that posts here obviously had and still has so much compassion for their fur babies so I am sure you all got a lot of goodies for your babies, like food bowls, water bowls, plates, toys, beds, blankets, cages etc etc. What did you do with all these things after the passing of the one that used to use them?

A little about me...
I lost my fur daughter Kiki this passt Friday. Although she had been diagnosed with kidney failure 2 years ago, she wasn't really sick or weak until a few days ago. I decided to take her to the vets on that Friday, then even before they started doing her bloodwork, she got seizures and her heart stopped beating on the table. A couple of minutes before that, she was meowing while in the waiting room and asking me for gentle rubs on her head. I didn't even know what to think watching them do CPR, just collapsed into tears screaming please bring her back.
It's been only 2 weeks since my other fur daughter Toto passed from intestinal cancer. I don't have any children of my own nor anyone to live with so they were literally my daughters and the reason I lived for. Losing both of them, love of my life in 2 weeks is beyond bearable. Totally unexpected and I wasn't prepared for this. They were sisters born on the same day among other siblings. I adopted them from a rescue group 19 years ago when they were a month old. During those 19 years with them, I had a terrible divorce, followed by stage IIb breast cancer diagnosis, 6-month long chemo followed by radiations, then a sudden loss of my dad and job. Without Kiki & Toto, I wouldn't have survived any of them. How could I possibly get over this? So many "what if's" torture me. Losing one was hard enough. Losing two in 2 weeks is way too much to cope with. This place has become empty without anyone waiting for me. My heart is shattered into pieces. I can't eat, can't bring myself to do anything at all. I am living just because my heart doesn't stop beating. I even wish it would.

Then now I am here, sitting alone in this completely empty home with 2 urns sitting on the chair beside me, being surrounded by full of goodies they have left - a huge cat tree, 3 littreboxes, beds, so many blankets, bowls, the list goes on. I have already decided to donate the litter and all the food to a rescue group but the goodies? They are left with so many memories and literally my girls' fur and smell so I just can't give them away, let alone throw them away like garbage. But it hurts so much when I see them. Every single one of them reminds me of all those happy 19 years with them and makes me burst into tears or just forces me to face that I am alone. There is this water fountain that I bought for my babies. It quickly became their favourite and I still can't turn the power off because if I did, water wouldn't come out and it would be brutal not to get any water ready for them - well,  even if there was no one physically in need of it. You know what I mean.

Sorry this has ended up too long. I wish everyone peace and comfort.

KIMG0109.jpg  Toto being patted by me
KIMG0117.jpg Kiki watching me
Tam
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
Hello Tam,  I’m so sorry to hear about your two losses.  That is terrible, my heart breaks for you.  Take as long as you need to grieve, don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise. This website has been a tremendous help for me.  I lost my Lily 8 months ago.  I stick around to offer my support to others..... 

Well I waited a month to put stuff away. The longer it was out, the worse I felt. Of course took food dishes right away.  You can always donate blankets, food to shelters.  I had leftover treats I actually gave to my neighbor for his dogs.  Toys well I have a storage box for each dog that passed and they’re packed away in there.  Some things I put away in case down the road I want another pet.  Remember you don’t have to get rid of their belongings now, you do what you feel works for you. I always referred to my girls as daughters since I don’t have kids either, totally understand.

sending hugs your way ~~~ 
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Tam:

I am so sorry that you have had so much to deal with lately.Yes, it can be overwhelming. I have kept my dog's feeding station (water & food bowls) in their same spot in the kitchen. They are going to stay there as long as I live in this house. As far as her toys go - I have saved everything. I have her Frisbee's in a large box in my attic. Her other toys (balls, ropes, etc.) are also piled in a box and safely stored in a hall closet. In addition, her pictures and other mementos are neatly arranged on top of my bureau where I can see them every day. I miss my dog so much, These little treasures help me cope and provide a measure of respite from the agony of not being with her.

Warmest regards,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
P_Mom
Dear Tam - I'm so very sorry to hear you're enduring both losses. One is difficult enough.  They are with us through the hardest things in life and are who we go to for comfort.  Do whatever feels right for you.  I would just suggest not throwing anything away - even if you don't want it out if you can't bear to see, store somewhere as you may want to recall things later.  It's been 4.5 months for me and everything is in it's exact place.  I need to have it unchanged, but everyone is different, do what feels good for you. ❤

Jennifer   
Jennifer
Quote 0 0