Christina

Thanks to this website, it has made a difference to my well being in handling grief after losing my girl, Fifi almost 2 months ago now. I hope she knows that i am missing her. Over the last few days, i have started to feel better but is it normal to feel guilty for feeling better? Sometimes, i feel guilty that maybe Fifi will think i have forgotten about her? Last week on Thursday, i finally got my "Fifi Ring" - it's an amethyst stone i found at the Jewellers next door and as soon as i saw it, it reminded me of Fifi. I decided right there and then to get a ring done to commemorate my girl. I have Fifi inscribed around the ring so i know i will never forget her. This ring i wear all the time. Every night and every day i also light 3 candles if not 5 for Fifi. I miss her so much and today, i am sad again. I think when i give myself time to think it hits me in the chest and my gut to realise that I won't see Fifi for a long time. I have recommended this website to a friend who lost their cat late last week. I feel for them, i know how isolating it is grieving for our four legged babies. People can be so cruel with their comments. I hope they visit this website as it has done a lot for me over the many weeks.

Quote 0 0
Terri
Christina - you are not wrong for feeling happier - It was 12mths ago yesterday that I lost my precious Angel. He lived on 7 short years but his memory will last a lifetime for me. I still can not talk about him without tears and I am so devastated still today. A kind person wrote on Angies residency and said God takes the young animals to be there to guide young children that pass before their parents. Having lost 3 young friends children in the past year - Nathans anniversary is today he passed as a result of a horrific car accident, and dear little Neeve 9, and her bigger Brother Mackenzie(Macca) passed in the horrific Black Saturday fires we had this year in Feb. We were lucky with the fires but my friend lost her brother and two beautiful children whilst their Grand parents desperately tried to get them out of the house. I find peace knowing that both Buffy and Angel (brother and sister) are their for them. My first baby was 19 and had a long loving life, but I put her rest 7 years ago this year. Then little Mahlie came into our lives and passed suddenly at 10mths old. Buffy was only 2 and left her little brother behind after we had to put her at rest. I now still have Bella who is 6 and we have a new baby come into our hearts called Bart but whose real name is Castielle, another angel. I feel guilty at having bart but he has helped my Belly cope with losing her best friend. Her and bart are quite close now and I cant help thinking Angel had something to do with that. I have 2 dogs Keely and Crystal who loved Angel and Keely now looks after Bart like he did with Angel. Grieve and be sad when you need it. Dont be sad or guilty when your are happy. I still celebrate each baby's birthday and anniversary but Angel was very special and I believe he is my first baby Mianne as he was so like her in looks and purrsonality. Talk - it helps and ignore people who say "it was just a cat or just a dog etc" They have never known true love until you have a special furbaby and they are the ones who altimately miss out. We have loved and lost our babies and it is right to grieve and be happy as we would be with human loss. Email me anytime you need to talk. My Baby passed 2 days after my Birthday and a good friend bought me a gold kitty and a daisy charm to wear on a chain which never leaves my neck - to symbolise Angel playing in the flowers over the bridge....Terri
Quote 0 0
Christina

Terri, thank you. YOu have lost so many and still kept the faith. I don't know how you do it. Last night, I had this really strong feeling that Fifi is not gone forever, but just away on a holiday. I found this feeling really odd, like i'm just waiting for when she's coming home to me one day. Is that odd?? I mentioned this to my husband and he said he felt the same way. Last night also, i got a phone call from this lady who runs a doggy day care centre and i've signed up to be a carer for dogs who needs to stay overnight when their owners are away on holidays or work. I thought this is a good way to start, not jumping into having another fluff. I'm excited to see Peppe, it's a schnoodle?? Anyway, i thought Doogie might like the company. I don't feel like I'm betraying my love for Fifi nor do i feel like being impulsive at replacing her because i don't think that's possible. I would like to have another four legged baby as I feel that i have got so much love that it's smothering Doogie at the moment. But i think I'll know when it's time, right?

Quote 0 0
rbykrk
Thank you for posting such a thoughtful, beautifully worded post that echoes what so many us of feel.We have guilt at opening our hearts to another but that should not be the case. Our loving hearts are so big there is room for many babies. We are built that way. One does not replace the other, our heart just keeps expanding to make room for the new love. And our babies want it that way. They know we are happiest when we have a furrie to love so they send one to us when we are most ready.
I am happy you feel ready to share your heart again. That honors your Fifi and she is happy for it.
 Our darling pets are not ever gone, they do stay with us and look over us, you are so right about that.
My deepest sympathy on the loss of Fifi.
Ruby, Chucky's Mom

"Never does a man know the force that is in him until some mighty affection or grief has humanized the soul."

Chucky...Forever Beloved.....May 13, 2007,
Rusty...November 30, 2007
Quote 0 0