MaxsMom2

Since Maxs passing I’ve had no appointments, rushing to this is one today  I instinctively went to grab for his harness & sweater. They hang on the hooks still next to our coats. I can’t bear to take them down. I never went anywhere without Max. Every errand or trip he always came, taking him is a reflex. It’s a reflex my brain and body still has. The heartache that sank in that my son would never be in the passenger seat next to me Is incomprehensible. I would bring his harness and sweater to the couch and he would jump up to get dressed. If he was sleeping just the jingle of the harness would wake him from under his mound of blankets in search of the sound. The excitement on his face everyday brought me so much happiness. That I could bring such joy to him. 

I drove past his park and the devastation that we would never again walk there sank in all over again. Maybe even more proudly now than ever. I really would do anything, give anything to have my baby back.    

Laraine Esposito 
Quote 0 0
Luke_03
I plain on keeping Darcy’s food/water bowls, kennel, leach or any of her toys. I want to keep things how she knew it. Her shedding bothered me a little but it’ll be hard cleaning her hair up. 
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Max's Mom and Luke_03,

I am sorry for your losses,

I think it is fine to continue to display your lost beloved's things. Nothing wrong with doing so. I speak with to my lad's ashes every single day and night. I tell him how my day went.

My boy did not have a lot of possesions as he was a feral / stray and never learned to play as a kitten. So didn't understand how to do so. There is nothing wrong with honoring them by having some of their things out on display. It's a way of not forgetting them. 

Hugs,
James
Quote 1 0
peke_bb
MaxsMom2 wrote:

Since Maxs passing I’ve had no appointments, rushing to this is one today  I instinctively went to grab for his harness & sweater. They hang on the hooks still next to our coats. I can’t bear to take them down. I never went anywhere without Max. Every errand or trip he always came, taking him is a reflex. It’s a reflex my brain and body still has. The heartache that sank in that my son would never be in the passenger seat next to me Is incomprehensible. I would bring his harness and sweater to the couch and he would jump up to get dressed. If he was sleeping just the jingle of the harness would wake him from under his mound of blankets in search of the sound. The excitement on his face everyday brought me so much happiness. That I could bring such joy to him. 

I drove past his park and the devastation that we would never again walk there sank in all over again. Maybe even more proudly now than ever. I really would do anything, give anything to have my baby back.    

I'm very sorry about your Max. Thanks for sharing your story. I understand exactly how you're feeling. Everything you wrote is the story of my life. Knowing that I will never ever see my little guy again in this life is dreadful. I would do anything to get him back. 
Quote 0 0