ricemanstm
A week ago today I said goodbye to Delenn.  At 2:23 she'll have been gone exactly one week.  I can't stop thinking about what I was doing at this time last week and the morning just keeps getting harder.

I'm about as useful as a diet crouton at work right now, a soggy one because I can't stop crying.  I miss that stupid cat.  I know she's in a better place.  I know she's healthy again.  I know she's with Christ...I know all these things...and yet I'm selfish because I want her back.

I knew I would miss her...but I so deeply underestimated the pain.  She would want me to be happy and God knows I'm trying

I love you Delenn...we all miss you so much.
Stephen "Riceman" Myers
"The greatest tribute one can give a loved one is to share their life and stories with others."

Quote 0 0
Baumert81
I know what you are feeling. I had moments the first couple of weeks where I would curl up under my desk at work and have a hard cry. I still replay that night (which I know I shouldn't) and just shake my head and wonder what if. I then realize I cant keep beating myself up because that isn't bringing my buddy back. I still grieve, but I now talk about him and smile also. Hang in there rice!
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0
johill2011
Oh how I know how much pain you are going through right now.  I am so sorry for your loss and really feel for you.  I was a complete mess after I'd said goodbye to Miz Cat.  The first few days I was in shock and just sat staring into space, I couldn't concentrate at work and kept having to leave my desk as I was breaking down so much. It's now just over 4 months and although I do still have bad days I am starting to feel better and think more positively about the good times me and my boy shared. This forum has helped me so much by reading other peoples stories and knowing that you are now alone and can share your grief with other people who completely understand your pain and sorrow. Just take one day at a time.  Sending you a big hug.

Miz Cat's mummy.
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
Stephen, I feel your pain so deeply and I know what today is like for you - I went through the first 8 Saturdays after roxie's passing looking at the clock through the day and remembering what we were doing at each point up to the moment just a few minutes before 8pm where I said "see you later my dear sweet girl".  let the tears flow as they will and to heck to anyone who just can't understand the love we here have all been blessed to have in our lives.  now i'm not saying you are looking forward to 8 weeks of reliving this day vividly because well, i'm an empath so emotions hit me harder from everyone near me and i'm really a mush.  just saying that the pain you have is so recent it's still a raw open wound that will heal with time.  oh gosh do I remember those Saturdays and while it's still generally a sad day for me i'm no longer recalling each and every moment in vivid detail although doc's words "she's passed" still flutter through my mind here and there these days.  I too know that my dear roxie along with all our loved ones is with Christ and that we will all see them again when our names are called home.  this belief is the cement holding me together and allowing me to get out of bed each and every morning since even when the days present tremendous issues for me on my own but then we're never alone since our friends are still close by us in spirit and in our hearts where they stored all their love for us before crossing that bridge.  we're all here for you today and whenever you need us to be.  many many hugs
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0