jimmyr
As much as I look forward to a couple days off work, it just turns out to be full days and evenings missing Havok, When I go out on the patio, the back yard seems so empty, inside, no snoring while he naps, no food dishes out or the sound of his ID tag clanking on his water dish, no more coming out to tell me it's time to eat, and yesterday a call to his groomer to cancel his next appt, that was hard. She's ben his groomer for most of his 15 years. 
I keep thinking it's getting a little easier and then it's not. It's been a week and a half and I keep thinking I've gotta snap out of this, but, I miss my little buddy and I still feel a big hole in my heart.
I called the vet to see if his ashes were back yet and they said it could take up to 3 weeks........
I guess I'm just rambling but, that's what I need to do right now.
Thank you all who have offered support and your experiences, it lets me know I'm crazy or overeacting, I knew it would be hard when the time came to let Havok go, but I never thought it would be so much more than the other losses I've experienced, maybe because it ws just me and Havok here? I don't know, and I guess I don't really need to figure it out.
Jim
Havok's dad

Jim Ruby
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
We are with our buddies day in and day out. On the weekends and days off unless you go out without them they're with you 24/7. How can we not miss them? We wake up with them, because of them, and we go to sleep with them. We feed them, bathe them, play with them, take them out to potty, to the park, they are in essence our little children that never grow up. They need us and much as we need them. Our daily lives revolve around them and when they are gone we feel it down to our core. It's just been a week and a half. Mine have been gone 2 and 3 months and it does get a little easier with time but you never stop missing them. Their favorite spots around the house and outside bring such bittersweet memories. It is impossible not to miss them. Let yourself miss him, you are not over reacting, it's all normal.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Jim,
You are definitely not overreacting. It's only been a week and a half since Havok went to the RB. It's been 9 weeks for me and I still struggle a lot though some days. It's better than it was, but not a day has gone by that I don't think about my Rookie and miss him.
Quote 0 0
jimmyr
Thank you Melissa & Marlen, today was one of those more difficult days, was home not feeling well, had a dream with Havok in it and woke up just really missing him and questioning if I did the right thing when I let him go.

Jim Ruby
Quote 0 0
Scoobs
You are not alone Jimmy, out beautiful girl left us almost 2 days ago- can’t eat or sleep without her. Be kind to yourself, we are all going through this together. Dreading Sundays which were our really special day together - drive, walk, picnic . The special snuggles we had after work. Dreading my first day back to work & know I won’t want to come into the house. I am so grateful for this forum where we can talk to other mummy & daddies who understand about our special angels. Don’t think l would have even got this far without it. You are not alone, big hugs, Scooby’s mummy
Quote 0 0
ChronicallyAce
I'm so sorry about Havok. The weekends are the hardest for me, too. Weekends and the days when I'm working from home. My kitty Dante used to stay right beside me when I was working at home and I really miss having his company. He always seemed to know when I was particularly stressed and would curl up in my lap and purr.

Try to cut yourself some slack and give yourself some time though. A week and a half is not very long at all. I am nearing 5 months without Dante and I still cry over him sometimes. It gets easier, but it's ok to feel sorrow and take however much time you need as you deal with your grief.
Dante
3/19/2013 - 5/4/2018
You are gone, my special boy, but I will love you forever. R.I.P.
Quote 1 0
jimmyr
Scoobs wrote:
You are not alone Jimmy, out beautiful girl left us almost 2 days ago- can’t eat or sleep without her. Be kind to yourself, we are all going through this together. Dreading Sundays which were our really special day together - drive, walk, picnic . The special snuggles we had after work. Dreading my first day back to work & know I won’t want to come into the house. I am so grateful for this forum where we can talk to other mummy & daddies who understand about our special angels. Don’t think l would have even got this far without it. You are not alone, big hugs, Scooby’s mummy

Heather,
I am so sorry for you loss and it is hard, at least with this forum I can just sit down type out whatever I thinking and feeling and it seems there is always someone or several people in the same place I am.
Keep sharing helps you, me and everyone else.
Prayers for you
Jim Ruby
Quote 0 0
jimmyr
ChronicallyAce wrote:
I'm so sorry about Havok. The weekends are the hardest for me, too. Weekends and the days when I'm working from home. My kitty Dante used to stay right beside me when I was working at home and I really miss having his company. He always seemed to know when I was particularly stressed and would curl up in my lap and purr.

Try to cut yourself some slack and give yourself some time though. A week and a half is not very long at all. I am nearing 5 months without Dante and I still cry over him sometimes. It gets easier, but it's ok to feel sorrow and take however much time you need as you deal with your grief.

Thank you for your encouraging words, I do need to get better at just being ok with having harder days than others, part of me is still saying I should be over it, but I've learned on this forum that what I'm feeling is normal.
So sorry for you loss of Dante
Jim Ruby
Quote 0 0