Jason_Brewer

Over the last few weeks my little Gracie has put up one heck of a fight. Her little back legs just can’t move anymore. And the pain has become too much for either one of us to bear. So tomorrow we are going to finally let her rest. 

I’ve had pets before but Gracie has been  different. She isn’t a dog to me. She’s my child. I’m 42 and haven’t had much luck in love. In fact my ex fiancée and I adopted her in late 07’. She left and had no where for Gracie. At the time I felt stuck. But this little creature changed my life. I have so few people around me that I don’t know how to go on without hr. She’s my best friend and I love her with all my heart. She always greeted me with so much love when I came home from so many bad days. Through all the loneliness and depression I’ve been through she’s been there. She’s been my world. 

I hate to say I’ve lost some faith but I’ve watched her decline for almost 2 weeks and had hope and faith everyday that I would see an improvement. But today I’m watching her breathe heavy and not want to move. Her back legs have totally gone. And the COVID has put me in a position. I can’t get anyone to come to my home and I can’t let her die without me by her side. She can’t keep suffering but she can’t go out in fear. I just keep praying to god to help. To just let someone see the love she has and help us. I don’t want her to die in a strange place or alone. 😢😢😢😢😢

Quote 0 0
JulieF
I am so sorry about your Gracie and I am sorry for what you are going to go through today.  You are doing what is best for her, believe me.  But that does not make it any easier.  Unfortunately, just like humans, our beloved fur-babies get sick and old and we have to  let them go.  One month marks that day I had to do that for my Patch.  He was 19 and I had him since he was a kitten.  He had kidney disease, very common in elderly cats.  He was over 90 in human years, so I have to keep telling myself that - but it was not easy.  My good friend who is the director of the humane society here (and has seen it all) told me that I gave him a wonderful gift - the gift to put him out of his pain and let him go.  He is waiting for me to eventually join him.  The same with your Gracie.  I can't tell you that the next week or two will be easy - it will not.  You will feel guilt and terrible grief.  It will come in waves.  You brain will tell you that you did the right thing but your heart will not listen.  Just know this, you have found a great place to express all that grief - everyone on this forum is kind and knows exactly what you are going through.

I am sending hugs your way and prayers to help you today.  Just remember all the love you gave to her.  

Bless you.
Quote 0 0
Jason_Brewer
Thank you so much. I don’t know if it’s fortunately or unfortunately but we didn’t make it to the vet. She seized and died in my arms at 5:30 this morning. I’d never had a pet like her. She was more than a pet she was like my child. I’m 42, single with no kids. She was everything to me. Im
sorry for your loss too. I don’t know if it ever gets better I know it just becomes manageable. I spent the last 2 weeks off from work with her and never left her side. I’m just glad that I have that. And she wasn’t alone. While she was sick I was saying I could never go though this again but I know I can’t deny a loving home to a new friend. But it’s going to be a while. I’ve got videos and memories that will never die with her. I don’t think I’ll ever feel that kind of love again. I never so much as spanked her. Never had to. She only knew love. And I love her and miss her with all my heart. I have just sat and petted her head the last little bit. She’s laying in her bed covered up until the crematorium opens up. I just feel numb. I’m going to miss her so much.
Quote 0 0
chilover
I am truly sorry for the loss of your beloved dog Gracie. You clearly had a very strong bond with her from what you described & so many on this forum can relate to this including myself. I had an incredibly strong bond with my Daisy, we lived alone together for many years & she was my entire world. Without her in my life, it was & still feels meaningless. Gracie knew you were there in her final moments which was a comfort to her. To loose our pets is heartbreaking beyond words, they give us a life filled with love & ask for nothing in return.  I would like to hear more about Gracie & hope that you continue to post often because it will help you through your grieving process.

Sending you comfort and peace.
Daisy's mummy 
Angelina
Quote 0 0