Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 85      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
Mom2Sophie

Reply with quote  #16 
So very sorry about your loss of your sweet Molly girl. She was a beautiful dog, very huggable I'm sure. It's only been 4 days since we said goodbye to our Sophie, and it scares me that people are still going through such anguish after 6 weeks. I really don't think I can do this for another 6 weeks or months or longer. I suppose at this point it is just one day at a time and doing the best we can. I went to out today and had several 5x7 prints made of my favorite pictures of Sophie and framed them, a couple for my son at his house and one for my home and one for my office. Even in my dazed state I was determined to get this done and I'm glad I did. I have my favorite one sitting on the fireplace hearth, near her bed and I have been talking to her all night. It brings me some comfort, as does this forum. Thank you all for sharing your experiences here and my heart goes out to all of you.
sarab

Reply with quote  #17 
Molly is so cute and sweet.  Such an adorable face.  When you said you never want to forget and want to honor her forever, I can so understand that because our pups bring the best out in us.  They certainly deserve that special place of honor eternally.  I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.  She had a long life with you and your family and there's no doubt she was so very much loved.  My heart grieves for you and I pray for your healing as Molly's spirit remains in your lives.
furevercasey

Reply with quote  #18 
I'm so sorry for the loss of beautiful Molly. Today makes six weeks for me. Every Sunday I relive the events of that last day with her by the hour. Others say that time is passing slowly for them but for me, I can't believe it has been six weeks. The wound is still so fresh, it could have been yesterday. I also still have her beds laying around the house. Last week I decided that it was too depressing to keep seeing them and I was going to put them away but I still can't bring myself to do it. I doubt if I will ever be able to mop (I can still see her paw prints from where she tracked through it the last time) or clean the windows (nose prints). I even have a small white fur rug that she peed on and I can't wash it. It's in my living room with it's yellow stain and I don't care who sees it. I feel like these are the last things I have left of her. The grief has gotten better but I still feel so lonely and lost without her and I don't think I'll ever be 100% sure that I did the right thing. This is tough and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Bless you and your husband. You gave her a great life. I hope it will get easier for you one day.
MyBella

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever
We lost Molly the Beagle on 11/2/16 after having her grace our lives for almost 17 years. Her 17th birthday was 11/25/16. Although her health and eyesight were failing, she was deaf, and she had trouble moving around, we were quite oblivious to these changes as they occurred. We adapted, made her comfortable, and continued taking her with us on all our activities. She had a pet stroller for walks and special blankets in the car for a comfortable ride. Our neighbors and walk acquaintances knew us as "Molly's parents". She was our identity. We knew the dreaded decision was coming at some point, but I think we were in denial it would be anytime soon. Here we are 4 weeks later, and the grief, guilt and pain are still as strong as they were on that dreadful day. My husband and I cry constantly. Not sure if we are sad mostly for ourselves, or mostly for her not being here with us as she so much enjoyed just being close and included. I feel like she can no longer do that, and it makes me sad. We have not been able to move any of her beds, which are in every room, or her food and water bowls, or even her food and treats. I can't vacuum. She was with us through our daughter's middle and high school years, college, wedding, and now two beautiful grandsons. I hope in time we are able to better cope with such a tremendous loss as the wonderful people on this site say will eventually happen. We never want to forget her and will honor her forever as she did for us.

Dear Dawn,

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Molly, the photos of her are absolutely gorgeous, what a beautiful girl, I can see how loving her would be so easy.

The words you wrote above could have been my exact words, they actually brought tears to my eyes as there are so many similarities. After almost two years, I still refill Bella's water bowl and put ice in it, just the way she loved her water, and boy, did she ever let me know if I forgot the ice, so I continue to do that today, I can't explain why I do, but I do and it gives me comfort doing so and that is what we need to do right now.....anything thing that brings us comfort and can somehow help us heal, no matter how crazy it may seem to others, you and your husband do what you need to do. Like you, I also have everything of Bella's still where they were, they are her things, they were there for the whole time, maybe in time I will move them, put them away, but not right now, so there is no rush to put Molly's things away Dawn, no rush at all, this will take time, only you will know when that time has arrived, so don't let anyone else try to tell you it is time.
It is obvious from your words above that Molly was and still is so loved, you provided her such comfort especially when she aged, such a beautiful and loving way you took care of her, making sure to provide her with the comfort so she could always be with you. I chuckled at how you mentioned that you and your husband were known as "Molly's parents", every where I went, Bella went, and when we saw these people again, they always remembered her name but never mine and you know what Dawn, I didn't care in the least, the fact they remembered her name gave me so much pleasure and I am sure it is the same for you and your husband.
Four weeks is so fresh and the pain so raw for you both still, it takes time Dawn, let your husband know that it is ok to cry, to hurt, to miss your precious girl, as men, it can be unfair that we are expected to be strong, but how can we when we lost such a loving and so important part of our lives, so let him know he has my support and complete understanding.
I sincerely wish that the many loving and cherished moments you and your husband shared with your beautiful Molly, will help mend your shattered hearts, but as I mentioned Dawn, it does take time, so no need to rush or push yourself. Talk to your girl, let her know how much you love her and that your love is stronger than ever, it is a beautiful thing that our love for our girls grows even stronger as time goes by, so always talk to Molly, she is ready and always listening for your voice.
I am so, so sorry for your loss, Molly is one beautiful girl, you gave her a wonderful life and I am so sure she enhanced your lives so much more. May the warm and loving memories of your gorgeous Molly bring the peace and healing your hearts and souls deserve, hold her close to your heart and you will always feel her love.

Thank you so much for your wonderful and touching words on Bella's thread, I truly appreciate that you took the time to write, especially so early in your own grieving, please stay in touch and do know that you are in my thoughts as you stumble along this road, we are all here together, so anytime you need to talk or just need someone to listen, come here and let one of us help you the best we can. This place is full of the most wonderful people you will ever meet and we all understand the pain you are in.....unfortunately.

In Friendship, Don.

Image result for winnie the pooh quotes

Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #20 
Miss Molly MoMo, good morning sweet baby girl! I miss you so much every day. I hope you are having a good time with your friends. Daddy fed your bird friends outside and gave your bunny friends some carrots. We love you so much!

Reply with quote  #21 
Furevercasey and Don, thank you so very much. Your kind words about our precious little girl are heart warming. I am grateful for meeting such wonderful people with never ending love for their precious babies. My heart and appreciation go out to you for your much needed support. With much love to you and your babies,

Dawn

Reply with quote  #22 
Im so sorry for you loss...I recently lost my lab...and yes it is tough. 17 years...he gave you plenty of good times....try and remember that. ...I come home and not seeing him wait for me at the door...wow..I took it for granted..but again I try and remember the good times...we had plenty...stay strong....Molly is with Shadow..waiting for us.....

Reply with quote  #23 
so so sorry for your loss of your beautiful girl and for you to have been blessed with her for 17 years her passing must be overwhelming for you ,I just truly send my thoughts  prayers and hugs your way

pamela
littleguys mom

Reply with quote  #24 
Hi Dawn, thank you so much for your post on my thread . I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl Molly, like you we were so blessed to have had Jim in our lives for 17 years, and it really does feel as if a part of your heart and soul have been ripped out when we lose them. Their lives become so interwoven with our own, and although we knew that age and illness were catching up with Jim, we overcame each new little "hurdle" by adapting to his needs until sadly his quality of life was deteriorating rapidly. 
 Although its almost 12 months for me, I do look back and am just so very grateful that we got to share 17 years with such a special little dog, and I know you will have so many wonderful memories of your gorgeous girl to look back on in time.  As for Molly`s things - take your time, we still have Jims basket underneath our bed, his toy basket still in the hall, and I talk to him all the time - it really helps, and I often sense that he is still around.  Molly will forever be a part of your life, and I believe that strong bond we formed with such special dogs will stand the test of time, and that we will be reunited with them again one day.  

Hugs, Jackie x

Reply with quote  #25 
Hi Jackie, our stories are very similar and I thank you for your kind words. I wouldn't trade a minute of caring for our dear Molly, and I hope that in time I am able to see happier times with her again. It's only been just over a month, and I'm still at a loss without her. She was our rock, our routine, our life, our identity. Thank you for your encouragement that it will get better.

Dawn

Reply with quote  #26 
Good morning little Molly, mommy and daddy love you very much and are thinking of you every minute. Hope you are having peace and fun at Rainbow Bridge. Please send us signs when you have time. Love you, love you, love you.

Reply with quote  #27 
We too lost our dear beloved beagle Pete just a few days ago after a short illness with cancer. Only 8 years old we were devastated when we learned Pete was terminally ill. Late last week the time finally came when the decision was made to end his suffering. I have cried at some point everyday since. Sometimes I feel as if my heart has been wrenched from my body. The sense of loss and his missing presence at times feels overwhelming. As a memorial to Pete we donated his food and other supplies, along with a generous cash donation to the local animal shelter. His collar, leash and favorite chew toy sit in the chair he always occupied in the family room. I know the time will come when our grief will be replaced by the many sweet memories we have of Pete and the all to short time we had with him. We love you Pete. We miss you so much but are comforted by the knowledge you are no longer suffering. Rest In Peace.
Timmymissu

Reply with quote  #28 
So sorry for the loss of molly she was so beautiful x
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #29 
Molly's mom...
Thank you for the posts on Dali's thread.  Monday nights are so comforting.  I'm glad you added Molly.  Molly will always remain on my prayer list and with my candles.  Dali has a long list of friends at the bridge, and some touch me in a special way, as does your Molly.  I hope you are doing okay...the holidays are hard.  I watch people shop, but don't see the point.  Our furbabies taught us what is important....and it isn't "things".

Hugs to you and beautiful Molly beagle from me and my Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #30 
Good Morning my sweet Molly, it has been five weeks, and I miss you so much. I am still so sad and depressed that you are not right here for me to hug and hold. I cry all the time. I am hoping to feel better in time so I can feel you and remember happier times again. You are my rock, my world, my little comfort fur baby. I hope you are among your new friends playing and relaxing. Daddy loves you so much too. I hope we gave you everything you could ever need or want. I love you baby girl.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.