Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 85      1   2   3   4   Next   »
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #1 
We lost Molly the Beagle on 11/2/16 after having her grace our lives for almost 17 years. Her 17th birthday was 11/25/16. Although her health and eyesight were failing, she was deaf, and she had trouble moving around, we were quite oblivious to these changes as they occurred. We adapted, made her comfortable, and continued taking her with us on all our activities. She had a pet stroller for walks and special blankets in the car for a comfortable ride. Our neighbors and walk acquaintances knew us as "Molly's parents". She was our identity. We knew the dreaded decision was coming at some point, but I think we were in denial it would be anytime soon. Here we are 4 weeks later, and the grief, guilt and pain are still as strong as they were on that dreadful day. My husband and I cry constantly. Not sure if we are sad mostly for ourselves, or mostly for her not being here with us as she so much enjoyed just being close and included. I feel like she can no longer do that, and it makes me sad. We have not been able to move any of her beds, which are in every room, or her food and water bowls, or even her food and treats. I can't vacuum. She was with us through our daughter's middle and high school years, college, wedding, and now two beautiful grandsons. I hope in time we are able to better cope with such a tremendous loss as the wonderful people on this site say will eventually happen. We never want to forget her and will honor her forever as she did for us.

Reply with quote  #2 
Oh..look at those beautiful soulful eyes!  

Sounds like Molly was so special and loved and you guys were great parents to her.  I understand the grief and pain that you must be feeling with such a tremendous loss.  They really do become such huge part in our lives and it is so devastating to lose that. 

Take as long as you need to grieve.. 4 weeks is still a short time.  I lost my dog over 2 months ago and still have days when the grief is so strong.  I know in time you will be able to cope better... but of course you will always carry beautiful Molly in your hearts.  

(((hugs)))

Karen
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much for your kindness Karen. Yes, they are a huge part of our lives, and they depend on us so much. I hope to feel better soon and remember the good times we had again. So sorry for the loss of your beautiful fur baby as well. Hope Molly is able to find her so they can become great friends.

Dawn

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Molly's Mom

I am so sorry for your loss. I wasn't able to move Scooter's things for a long time. In fact, when my husband washed his nose marks from our car window I burst out crying. Even though we did rescue anotner dachshund 13 months after Scooter suddenly died, he is and always will be a part of my life. Scooter was my baby as I am sure Molly was yours. Almost 17 years is not easy to part with, it will take time. This forum has helped me more than anything. We all understand what you are going through. Molly's picture is adorable.

Take care,
Jonancy... Scooter's Mama
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #5 
Jonancy, thank you so much for your kindness. Molly will always be our precious baby. We needed her as much as she depended on us. I hope with time we will be able to open our hearts to more unconditional love. I'm sure Scooter and Molly are great little friends.

Dawn

Reply with quote  #6 
Molly's Mom

I like to imagine Scooter running around with all the furbabies. I'm sure Scooter and Molly are friends. When Scooter died, I envisioned one of the dogs greeting my boy. So now it's Scooter's turn to greet Molly. This really helped me get through the worst times, knowing Scooter is safe and is with friends. I believe we have to do whatever helps. Losing Scooter was gutwrenching and felt like I was on a roller coaster, all different emotions you go through. Remember, we are here for you

Take care,
Jonancy.... Scooter's Mama
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #7 
Dearest Molly (MoMo), today has been one month since that dreaded day. We miss you so very much. I want to hold you, squeeze you, kiss you, give you a bath, clean your ears and teeth, clip your nails. I want to take you outside to potty. I want to push you on walks in your doggy stroller. We are so very sad to lose you and cry everyday. We take your little box with us everywhere we go. You will always be our soulmate. Please let me know you are ok and are no longer having trouble walking, hearing, seeing or doing anything else that almost 17 years of age made difficult for you to do. We love you very much. Mommy and Daddy

Reply with quote  #8 
So sorry for your loss of Molly.  I know how very hard that one month anniversary can be.  For over two years now I have counted the weeks, the one month anniversaries, birthdays, etc....each one brings such sadness, yet the love and the knowledge I will be with my again.  Your Molly is beautiful!  There are no words of comfort, grieve in the way you need to for as long as you need.  For over two years now I haven't even moved my girls leash from its hook, nor her meds from my cabinet.  I feel she will always be with me.  I know how hard that birthday must have been without her on the 25th...but she was in heaven young, healthy, free, and knowing she fulfilled her mission on Earth.  They take care of us, but only let us think we are caring for them.  Time goes by very quickly, yet stands still all at the same time.  Please post pictures, stories, when you can and feel up to it.  I sing to my girl, talk to her, touch her pictures by my bed, and hold her close to my heart each and every day.  God bless you, I know how hard the holidays are without them....  Take care of yourself for Molly
Hugs to you and Molly from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #9 
Dalidog, thank you to you and to Dali. Dali is a beautiful little girl! I hope Molly has found her to befriend. It is comforting to know she is among other special little angels who will welcome her and celebrate special occasions with her as we continue to honor her here. She certainly did take the best care of us. Today was a very tough day, but the wonderful support I have discovered here from friends like you and Dali has really been a savior. You are all so kind. Hugs to you as well.

Reply with quote  #10 
Not being able to put things away...yeah, I remember that. :(  I even got upset with my GF for moving Jamie's dishes. This time of year can be a tough "first", it's normal for the initial pain to resurface, but it will subside.

It's been quite awhile for me, but even now at certain times of the year, a bunch of tears can sneak out. 

Blessings to your family and Molly...who will always be family.

Jim

Reply with quote  #11 
Sweet Molly, I'm having one of those days where the tears won't go away. I am so thankful for these wonderful people who post and pray for you and for us. I hope you are making friends with their beautiful fur babies as you watch over us. I talked to you all morning and tried to post a photo of you, but it tells me the file is too large so I'll have to see if I can figure it out. Mommy and Daddy love you with all of our hearts.

Reply with quote  #12 
Sweet Molly, I've been trying to figure out how to post photos of you for everyone to see. I'm hoping this works. Hope you are having a good day with your friends.

Attached Images
jpeg image.jpeg (62.79 KB, 40 views)
jpeg image.jpeg (42.75 KB, 38 views)
jpeg image.jpeg (34.22 KB, 33 views)

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #13 
OH my, what ADORABLE pictures of Molly!!!!!  I have added Molly to my prayer list for Mondays.  She will never be forgotten.  I love the pictures, those beautiful eyes, that look is so intelligent.  I can tell she was quite the lady!  I hope you are doing okay....as well as can be expected.  Keep talking to her, I pray she sends you signs.  My girl changed my life forever and I know your Molly did that for you, too.  How wonderful God let you keep her for 17 years, although I know that is never ever enough.  Do whatever you need to grieve, but please take care of yourself.  The grief was so overwhelming for me that I lost weight, got put on antidepressants, and could not function for a long time.  I still have trouble with some things, but have learned that I have to take care of myself.....for Dali.  My mission in life now is to take care of animals and I have to be healthy to do that.  A month is such a short time, yet I know time seems to stand still when our angels leave.  Even after 26 months I call Dali, talk to her, and I think I always will.  I envy those that can find the love of another furbaby, but I don't think that is possible for me...That is why I go to the shelters, donate, and feed the ones who have no owners to take care of them.  I try to contribute any way I can.  Our angels teach us what really matters in life, the love.  They ask for nothing but love, pets, and food...and they give back so much more that we can never repay.

Hugs to you and Molly from me and my Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

camunki

Reply with quote  #14 
awww your Molly is a beauty, and I am glad she graced your home for almost 17 years, and yes we all wish we could have more time. I love the 3 pics you posted of her and may her legacy live on with this thread. Please keep coming back and posting of your beautiful girl....and please know you are not alone!!!! Your Molly is a beauty!!!

Cam

Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #15 
Dali's Mom, thank you so very much for adding Molly to your prayer list. That warms my heart. She is our special angel, and we were so fortunate to have her take care of us for so many years. We also deliver donations to our local humane society this time every year and will be doing so next week in Molly's honor. I'm so glad Dali was close with you today. Hugs to you and Dali too.

Camunki, thank you! Whatever time we have is never enough, but we are certainly blessed by Molly's company. I read a couple of your threads as well, and I'm so sorry for your losses. Your babies are beautiful. What adorable little faces. It's so comforting to know there are such compassionate, caring people on this journey, although I wish it was not something any of us had to endure. We do love our furry children.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.