Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever Show full post »
Dalidog
Molly's mom...   I always hate the fireworks these days....they make me want to hold my girl and keep her safe.  I know that she is safe in God's arms, but I miss her so.  I know you feel the same about your Molly.  Another Monday....candles ready.  IT is still storming outside here, the skies cry for our angels.  Hugs to you and Molly....always...from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Dawn, I know it`s 2 months today since beautiful Molly passed, so I can imagine how you feel right now.  The first 12 months for me seemed to be all about counting the days, weeks and months - until unbelievably it was 6 months, then 12 months.  I hated time going forward - to a future where it just meant that Jim was getting further and further in my past - and I used to feel that guilt about being able to go out without constantly watching the clock.  It really is the price we pay for loving them so very much, but while at first I was just numb, then angry , these feelings did eventually subside to acceptance, then being able to look back at the great life we shared with him. 
 Your grief for your gorgeous girl is still so very raw - and having to deal with Christmas and New Year probably won`t have helped either.  Just be kind to yourself, and take it day by day - Molly was a huge part of your life for all those years, and it will take time before tears turn to smiles.  I also read Marianne Soucy`s book - I think Kasey may have recommended it to me also, and I found it very helpful. Sending you peace and hugs.

Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
littleguy
molly's mom

there's a movie coming out on January 27th its called a dogs purpose and the book is called the purpose of a dog its written about a true story and I have had the book for years .I just hope the movie does the book justice , its based on your dog coming back to you  several mores times in others dogs that we become parents to after one passes and how much we see of our babies in the next baby that chooses us for parents and the similarities in the past , present and future fur babies that will become our forever friends .I have to go see it just to see if it does the book justice .

littleguys mom      
pamela meadows
Quote 0 0
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever
Jackie, oh how I appreciate you so much! Thank you. We were both blessed with Jim and Molly for so many wonderful years, never long enough, but well into their need for additional care. That forever, unconditional love is embedded deep in our hearts. Grief is still overtaking me, but in time that love will conquer my sadness, anger and numbness. I will get that book, too. Hugs to you and Jim.

Pamela, let me know if the movie is good. Hugs to you and Little Guy.

Dawn
Love you infinitely our little Molly. Forever and ever XOXO
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Yes Dawn. I had those exact feelings. My Lucy liked some people better than dogs. Sometimes, I like some dogs better than people :-)  I think it is a part of the grieving & yes the guilt & replay & longing are part of it too. Molly was your girl-- your life, part of every thought. Please try to go one day at a time...some days hour to hour. It can be so hard to get through each day-- almost as if you think 'Ok, enough of this bad dream. I need Molly now'. 

To those folks who didn't share our life, heart & soul connections with our animals, it may sound cracked. How can we grieve so deeply and for so long?  But they can't understand. Thankfully we have all found our way to this forum...where we all truly understand your pain & sadness. Moment to moment. I hope that you get signs from Molly-- something that will give you a moment of knowing. You will know it when it happens-- that she is with you and loves you forever. Big hugs, Kasey
Quote 0 0
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever
Kasey, thank you so much. Knowing my feelings aren't crazy really helps. So many people around me probably do think I'm cracked, but it's what's here with my friends on the forum that matters to me. It's these kind words of wisdom I value, wonderful people who love their fur children as much as I love Molly. We are so fortunate to have the unconditional love in common to share. Those who don't understand are the ones missing out.

Big hugs back! Dawn
Quote 0 0
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever
Sweet Molly, today is nine weeks since that dreadful day. I am still overwhelmed with the sadness of that day, and every other day since. I am having trouble recalling all of the wonderful times, the joy, the love you gave and we shared. I am instead filled with thoughts of the recent past that I have not been able to shake. They are so strong in my mind right now, they take over. MoMo, Mollster, Miss Molly, I miss you so much. Our morning time, our walks, our two cookie couch time, peanut butter pill time, you gave me purpose and such love. You would remind me what time it was. Now my reminders are all sadness of missing you. Almost 17 years of your beautiful, unconditional love. I never wanted to think a time like this would come my little soul dog. I hope you are having so much fun playing with your friends, being held and loved by your grandmas, while still spending lots of time near us, sharing our bed and doing all the things you loved to do around our home. I want you to go everywhere we go, even places fur babies aren't normally allowed to be. Please stay close to us, walk with us, be with us, and I will try hard to feel you, see you. I talk to you all the time, I hope you hear me. We love you so much little Mollster. You are forever with us.

Mommy and Daddy
Quote 0 0
Marcyt2225
I'm so sorry for you are going through. I know many people say to focus on the good, but its just so hard at times to do that when darkness has consumed your thoughts. Especially being there and seeing our babies were in their final moments. That one image trumps any good memory.

When the time is right, I know both you and I will be able to think of happier times with our babies. I am 3 days in from my baby's passing and I've hit rock bottom. I haven't smiled in days. My body refuses to accept food. I tried to eat crackers today and they just did not settle well.

It takes time to grieve and there is no right or wrong way to do that nor is there a time limit. I have to tell myself that constantly. I feel saddened at the loss of my baby Sammy, but I know my son needs me as well as our two other fur babies, Tini and Honey. I cry, then I feel guilty for still grieving, and then cry some more. It's definitely a process.

I talk to my Sammy daily, I too hope he can hear me. I am sure they can. I have a feeling they are never too far away either. All of our Angel babies are probably playing together up in the grassy fields under the sun, keeping one another company until we can meet up with them when our time has come.   
RIP Sammy
12/22/06-1/1/17

RIP Tini
03/07/07-2/1/17

Isaiah 41:10
"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Quote 0 0
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever
I am so sorry for your loss, too. What a difficult time to endure. For the first couple of weeks, I think I was in shock. Everybody goes through this terrible grief process at their own pace, and we need to give ourselves time to do this. Molly is our only fur child, and our daughter is grown. Our house feels so empty. I have trouble referring to Molly in the past tense, and I can't stand words like goodbye, was, used to, anything that refers to her not being here. I am very sentimental and empathetic. Her sweet, soulful little face is all I think about, and I feel bad for what she is missing with us. I feel like we are the only ones who know her and can take the best care of her, and we are failing at that. I know she is free of pain and is happy, but my mind keeps wandering to being her care giver. I relocate little spiders to outside, that's how much I care for innocent life. I am so thankful for the understanding people on this site as the people around me expect me to move on. This is just where I still am, and it will take me time, maybe longer than some, to come around to more positive thoughts. Thank you for your kind words, and I wish you much peace and healing.
Quote 0 0
Marcyt2225
I totally understand what you are going through. People keep telling me that I should have a service for my Sammy since I never got the chance to tell him goodbye, but I just cannot do that. Not right now anyways. The pain is too deep to have to say goodbye.

I think people like you and I, being animal lovers, we would much rather think that our fur babies are still with us. And honestly, I truly believe they are right by our side and in our hearts. Molly loves you as I am sure you also gave her a wonderful, full of love, life. You and your family did what you could while you had her to assure that she was happy at every second of her sweet time here on Earth. As weird as it may sound coming from someone who feels guilt as well, you should not feel bad about her missing out on the adventures. Molly is with you along the way and enjoying all of it.
RIP Sammy
12/22/06-1/1/17

RIP Tini
03/07/07-2/1/17

Isaiah 41:10
"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Dawn, your posts to beautiful Molly are so full love for her - she was such a lucky girl to have had such a great,caring mum.  I know you are finding it hard to recall happier times just now - after losing Jim, even though it was not unexpected, I think I was in shock for the first weeks, and only when that passed did the grieving process really start.  
 After 17 years of routine - and especially being care-givers in the latter years, it feels as if you have lost a purpose in life, and it takes a long time to adjust to it  - it really is more like learning to live a new chapter in life.   
 Molly will forever be with you, walking alongside you, and she will always be listening out for your voice so keep on talking to her.  I speak to Jim all the time, especially when in the car and I`m just certain he can hear me - I even sing to him !!  
Don`t take notice to anyone who expects you to move on, some people just cannot understand the bonds we have with our animals - I had someone I considered a very good friend who knew that Jim was my world, told me just a few days after losing him to just go out and get another dog. I was totally stunned, and so sad to think she could think like that.  It will take as long as it takes, you will have better days, then maybe not so good days, but when you lose such a special someone from your life it leaves a huge hole that can only heal with time.

Sending you big hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever
Hi Jackie, yes, my routine, purpose and even my identity are broken. It's almost like having several losses at one time. It's not just missing her by my side, it's missing us. It's missing my "duty" to keep her healthy and safe. That was my full time job over the past couple years. If I can just get through the tearful grief of her sweet innocent face thanking me for helping her down a step, for holding her stable while she went potty, for lifting her into her stroller to go for a walk. These are the moments that are engrained in my thoughts right now, and they simply tear me up inside. Thanks to people like you, I know I can get through this.

I also have a close friend who I thought was going to be there for me. I never imagined it this way, but when I told her in November about Molly, she said, oh I'm sorry, let's get together after the holidays when you feel better. I haven't heard from her since. It's times like this when you learn who is on your support team. I thank you for being here for me, and for all of us here who so much appreciate your help.

Many hugs, Dawn (Molly's Mom)
Quote 0 0
littleguy
mollys mom

yes we have all met through a tragic circumstance over the loss of these babies but the people on this forum have been so great and supportive more so then any person that I know its just so unbelievable that a stranger at the start would become more of a friend then the ones we thought we had ,and the reason why so many people don't understand the heartbreak  is because some people have cats some have dogs some hamsters some bunnies and some others but the people on this forum first of all had love true and unconditional from there babies and to there babies .hugs and comfort to you

littleguys mom   
pamela meadows
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Dawn, its so true that people who you think will be there for you just don`t understand, or react with such indifference - yet, as Pamela says, people here on this forum are so much more a shoulder to lean on - people totally unknown to us but give such wonderful advice and support. I know when I first came here I felt so relieved - that at last there was a place I could "escape" to , somewhere to get all those feelings out.       Take care.

Peace and hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
jonancy
Hi Molly's Mom

Please know nine weeks is still very early, what you wrote about your routine being broken brought back so many painful memories. I too thought my identity, my purpose was gone. Unfortunately, we all know and understand. People outside this forum, who never had the unconditional love don't understand. My own brother, two weeks after Scooter died couldn't believe I was still sad. (He understands now, unfortunately, his beloved dog died. He apologized and I cried with him)

Keep talking to Molly, I believe she hears and know how much you love her. I didn't believe this for a long time, but it does get better. We learn to live without, we don't like it, will always miss them, but the pain does ease. To be honest, it took me far, far too long in some peoples minds. Everyone heals at their own pace and do what they need to do too get through this.

I saw a preview of the dog movie. At first, I thought no way will I see it, but now I think I will. I swear sometimes Scooter is with Ranger, our new never, ever going to get another dog.(but glad we did)

Take care my friend,
Jonancy... Scooter's Mama
Quote 0 0