AdrianCo

We lost our beloved cat Pinot in just one day and we are shattered, trying to understand what happened, feeling his presence in every room that until two days ago he was able to fill with his energy and joy.

We still don’t know what happened, just that he ate something toxic that devastated his little organism. Not outside, but in our home, as he was incredible curious and almost dog like when finding something, anything on the floor. It could have been plants, altough his blood values were off the charts, something that doctors told us they had never seen before.

We are now empty, feeling guilty, half the time in denial, the other half in pain.

He was a young boy, we only took him in september, but although we have another cat, he somehow managed to quickly overwhelm our little family universe. He was bright, he knew a lot of tricks, self thaught, mind you, but the thing that melted our hearts from the begining was the way he looked at us, directly into our eyes, piercing into our souls.

He was like a shelter from the outside world during the quarantine months and every morning we were eager to get out of the bed and open the door to the room he was sleeping in, to hear his purr and see him starting the day of fun and destruction. We were planning to move to a bigger apartment, partly because we wanted to give him and our other cat more space, as they were not such good friends and had to sleep in different rooms.

He was a brave cat, but also a bit fragile. 

I will never forget the evening I took him to bed in his room, our last evening together, Pinot looking at me, sitting on his blanket, I didn’t know something will happen that night, but still I had a little pain in my heart to leave him alone. 

But it was a feeling I had every night and it was compensated by the morning happiness.

Now, it will not be. And we know it is too soon, we know we have each other and we have another cat to love, but it is too damn hard. And we don’t know what to do.

We love you Pinot and we miss you!

Adrian and Irina

E7E060A3-A57A-4AE8-9592-36D4D62FE41E.jpeg

Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Thank you for sharing some of your wonderful boy Pinot and your story.

That is such a delightful photo of him. He looks like such a character. Almost like a cartoon character. The photo you chose matched the stories you shared with us here.

I am very sorry for the loss of your beloved boy. You can easily tell in your words just how much you loved and adored Pinot. I am glad that for a time he new such great love and was an important part of your family.

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
AdrianCo
Thank you so much for your message. He was exactly like that, a character, I have never seen so much personality in a cat, altough I know cats have lots of personality and I may be subjective when talking about him. I will forever worship the time we were togehter. But this morning I woke up and it was awful, I am just sitting with his blanket in my arms and I feel no will to do things. If I don’t talk about him I miss him, if I talk about him I am crying. There is no way around for now.
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
My heart breaks for you and the sadness you are experiencing. It is devastating. I'm happy that Pinot was in a loving home and had the chance to share unconditional love with you. Such a wonderful gift to have but so very sad when our time ends. Be kind to yourself, remember the love you shared ... Pinot is always and forever in your heart.
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
Lynnmac
I am so sorry for the loss of Pinot. What a wonderful photo of your boy. You certainly gave him a wonderful home and unconditional love. I feel your pain and loss. This forum has been a godsend knowing there are others out there feeling the loss of their beloved pet and you are not alone. Take care xox
Quote 0 0
AdrianCo
My heart breaks for you and the sadness you are experiencing. It is devastating. I'm happy that Pinot was in a loving home and had the chance to share unconditional love with you. Such a wonderful gift to have but so very sad when our time ends. Be kind to yourself, remember the love you shared ... Pinot is always and forever in your heart.
xoxo

Thank you for these words, they help us, this forum helps us, all the stories are full of love. We will try to be kind to ourselves, it is a piece of advice we need to hear, although now I just cannot do it.
Quote 0 0
AdrianCo
[QUOTE username=Lynnmac userid=7229848 postid=1311816375]I am so sorry for the loss of Pinot. What a wonderful photo of your boy. You certainly gave him a wonderful home and unconditional love. I feel your pain and loss. This forum has been a godsend knowing there are others out there feeling the loss of their beloved pet and you are not alone. Take care xoxo

Thank you so much! You are right, we tried to give Pinot a loving home, but he was the one that made it wonderful. 
Quote 1 0
AdrianCo
To everyone who answered to our message and everyone here: we are grateful. This forum is like a big hug.

We thank you for your kind words, we are happy and also sad to read all this stories that are full of love.

And I know that you would have loved Pinot and you know what, he would have loved you too. All the people that came to our house in this short period got some kisses from him. He was just that, a phenomenon of love and happiness.
Quote 1 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Greetins AdrianCo,

I would have been honored to have received a kiss from the now legendary Pinot!

May I ask where you are from? We have people from all over the U.S. and the World here who post and share their stories here. I always find it so interesting to learn of where our members reside.

Hugs,
James
Quote 0 0