Joshsmom
First, thank you for this forum.  Josh was 15 y.o.- beautiful large gray cat.  Hyperthyroidism, kidney disease and finally Lymphoma made him emaciated.  He past away at home. I am devastated. I'm grieving in a way that I've never experienced. I want to go back in time - just to see him again...to say I Love You again.  Trying to keep it together because we still have his sister with us - same litter.  Her name is Sophie, not as big as Josh was, she's a petite girl "runt of the litter".  We can tell she wonders where he is by her behaviour Just over a month ago, she was diagnosed with Lymphoma.  She does not have the other illnesses Josh had but her life expectancy is still a year at the most. My heart will never stop aching.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
I’m so sorry. This is such a painful time for you. I know Josh and Sophie mean the world to you. Poor Sophie she will mourn for him also. She’ll need lots of extra Mommy attention. Don’t be afraid to let her see you cry, just love on her
You are grieving for one and anticipating another, that’s rough, big time. My heart really goes out to you. They mean so much to us we love them we everything we are and the pain is crippling it hurts so much. I understand wanting that 5 more minutes just to hold them and make sure they know just how much they mean to you.
You’ve found the right place, we understand , you’re not alone,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 1 0
Rookiesmama
Joshsmom,
I am so sorry for your loss. I completely understand wanting five more minutes....I think we all do. No matter the condition our loved ones were in, just that extra time to pet them and remind them how much they meant (always will mean) to us. I had to decide for my Rookie and when I think back to bringing him, I almost can't believe I let it happen that quick. I had been loving on him and saying goodbye all morning, and his vet is amazing, and didn't rush us but I think I knew if i didn't move the process along I'd never do it. Still though, that longing to feel him and talk to his physical being is still there.

I'm sorry your Sophie is sick and that you have to cope with both situations simultaneously. I will keep you in my thoughts!
Quote 1 0
Joshsmom
Tankie12 & Rookiesmama,

Thank you so much for your understanding.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Joshsmom, I am so sorry you lost your baby Josh. I know the pain is terrible and the longing to have them back is excruciating. I'm glad you found this forum. Everyone here understands your pain, we are all going through it too. 
Quote 0 0