GunnersMama
I've been on here for the past few months because we lost our boy Gunner. I'm still not over the grief. Then yesterday 5 months and 1 day we lost our boy Squiggy. He was an 11 year old Boston terrier that was the most kind and sweetest little dog that you could have ever met. About 6 years ago he lost one of his eyes and then gradually lost almost all of his eyesight in the other one. He still managed to get around good. He managed to remember all of the different places that we went. We noticed a difference in his behavior after we lost Gunner and thought that he was depressed. Then as it continued we thought it was because of old age and maybe he was losing more sight in his eye. He had been to the vet a couple of months ago and he had a full panel of blood work and it showed that he was a little anemic. Then yesterday my husband called me and was frantic telling me that Squiggy was having a seizure and it was really bad. I told him to take him to the vet. I called them and then flew to the vets office. He had another seizure on the way to the vets office. When they got there they took him in the back and gave him some medicine and he had another seizure and then they had to sedate him. The vet told us that since he was older and had never had a seizure before that it was probably a brain tumor. He continued to have them while he was sedated. We had no option but to have to have him euthanized. My heart broke all over again. My husband held his paw and I pet him until he took his last breath. I'm still in shock. We brought him down to our cabin and laid him in the ground right next to Gunner. I just don't know if I can do this so soon
Quote 0 0
wendywoo
So sorry. I know how this feels. I lost Button in January and then Jake nearly three weeks ago. 18 weeks to the day between them. They were 10 and 8 respectively. Wish I had some advice for you but I don't as I am buckling under the double-grief myself. It feels like I am being punished. My Button was also blind, it's amazing how dogs manage and remember where everything is. I try to think that my dogs both had happy lives and were so loved, and they are both now at peace. At the moment that gives me minimal comfort as all I feel is overwhelming loss, sadness and emptiness.
Sorry I can't help but all I can say is - you are not alone x 
Zippy 13/01/2008, Button 06/01/2016, Jake 11/05/2016
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Oh Gunnersmama,
I am so very sorry! Losing Squiggy now, so soon after Gunner, must be just heartbreaking!! I think in time you can take comfort from the good life and all the love you gave them but right now (I know) it has to be devastating! Thinking of you and sending you hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Dear Gunnersmom,
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Squiggy. It is so sad and unfair for you - after losing Gunner 5 months ago!
I hope you find some peace in knowing that you are being warmly thought of - My condolences,
S.
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. It is very difficult especially being so close together. Both of them were so sudden. Gunner was instant and Squiggy was a little over an hour. I'm just glad that my husband was home. I believe that he waited for him. They were the best of friends. My husband is trying to be strong but I know that his heart is broken. I'm trying to be strong for him but again the tears are flowing everyday.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12

GunnersMama  My mini Schnauzer Max also had seizures even tho he was on meds.  He was 13 when I made the decision to let him go.  The medicine didn't seem to be helping him.  I am at peace with what I had to do.  None of us ever wants to see our babies suffer, especially when they are senior pets Best of Luck   Sue

Susan
Quote 0 0
CKMP
GunnersMama,
I am so so sorry for your loss of Squiggy.  This is just overwhelming.  Double-loss . . .  nothing is crueler.  
I don't think there are any words to soothe the sense of separation you must be feeling from your two special companions.  
No matter what the circumstances we are never, ever ready to make that 'fateful' decision.  We realistically know we will outlive our companions but we never think of life without them.  We know what we do for them, no matter what, we do out of love and care and yet we just can never convince ourselves the time was right.  Because, the time will never be right to say goodbye to the physical form of our friends.  You love and have been blessed with the presence of two wonderful souls - and when the 'physical 'body' is lost, the soul is free from pain and  from indignity and still is present wrapping itself around and around your heart and soul.  
I am so so sorry for your loss of those two special friends, Gunner and Squiggy - you have lost too much in too short a time.  
Quote 0 0
Evie123
So sorry about Squiggy, so soon after Gunner must be unbearable my friend. They are together again now but I know the huge whole you must have in your heart. Sending love and heartfelt hugs to a wonderful mum whose babies know how much they are cherished. Xxx
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond to me. I think I'm still in shock. I had just gotten past not crying non-stop every day and now the tears are flowing freely again. I just miss him so much. He was part of our lives for such a long time. It just doesn't seem right him not being here. I keep expecting to see him.
Quote 0 0
camunki
Hi GunnersMama....i know how you feel, last year I lost 2 of my dogs one in January and the other in December, almost 11 months apart....

I am sorry for the loss of your Gunner, if that is not hurtful enough, then to lose your precious Squiggy 5 months later, that is such a close time span. I know cuz I had a hard time losing my 9 y/o Daizy on Jan 2nd due to cancer.....then I lost my other Shar Pei Munki who was just one month shy of her 14th birthday....and I lost her too, due to lung cancer..........so now I cry daily for the loss of both of my dogs. It took me 8 months and 3 weeks to stop crying from Daizy...and I was fine for a few more months, then I lost Munki...........and now the double tears come back thinking of them "both" I am saddened, to say the least.

You have great folks here to give you so much support and truely understand all the feelings of losing our pets......my heart goes out to you!!

Cam

Quote 0 0
GeeAnn
GunnersMama I am so very sorry for your losses--and so close together.  We lost our sweet Riley just 25 days ago from a brain tumor.  It was so sudden and unexpected.  I can't imagine how hard it is to deal with this so soon after the loss of Gunner.  I don't have any good advice for you because I am still crying every day over Riley and have lots of conflicting feelings.  But I want you to know that everyone here understands your pain and loss and this is a good place to come for comfort.  We just have to get through however we can.  Again, I am so very sorry.
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
GeeAnn do you mind me asking if you knew that your Riley had a brain tumor before he transitioned and if he showed any symptoms. Winstonsmom12 do you know what was causing your Max to have seizures. Only if either of you feel up to talking about it. Our Squiggy showed a change in behavior but we thought that it was depression after losing Gunner, older age or maybe losing more sight in his one eye that he had. We had no idea anything was seriously wrong with him until he had the seizures. It just happened so quick that I hope we made the right decision. Thank you Camunki for responding. It is very difficult to lose them so close together. The tears just keep coming.
Quote 0 0
packersmoversahmedabad

An excellent information provided thanks for all the information i must say great efforts made by you.
thanks a lot for all the information you provided.
please visit our official website for further details-
http://packersmoversahmedabad.co.in/

Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
Here is the last pic that I have of Gunner and Squiggy together. Gunner is in back with his head on the pillow and Squiggy is in the front.
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
gunnersmama, you have been through so much with the loss of gunner and now your squiggy and I am so sorry.  when my roxie was 5 she had several seizures (aussies can be prone to epilepsy it seems and is through certain bloodlines) until I reached out to one of my reiki friends who, along with her circle of students and masters, did long distance reiki on roxie and to her death she never had another seizure.  now, believe me i'm not at all saying reiki would be the answer especially over western medicine on all seizures or conditions just that it worked for my girl and I am so grateful that it did for her remaining days.  remembering those seizures and the absolute panic and distress I felt comes back to me each time I read of another dearly loved fur-baby having to experience the same horror and I wish this on nobody.  I love the picture of gunner and squiggy and again I am so so sorry for your losses.  many many hugs and prayers to you
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0