Bear01
I am new here and not sure how to grieve with loss of a fur baby. Bear was happy and healthy last week. He had all of his shots and this past Friday a shot for pain due to he hurt his shoulder. Since that shot Friday night he had a stroke and several seizures all weekend. After taking him home after the ER vet visit Sunday he got even worse. We called our vet and we lost him today. It was so sudden and unexpected. Our family is crushed and so is our other fur baby. Any suggestions on how to heal? All I want to do is cry. Thank-you.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Bear  You have already taken the first step in your grieving.  Coming to this forum, where we are all grieving the loss of our loved furbabies.  I am so very sorry for your loss.  This sounds like it was very sudden for Bear and for your family.  Many, many people have other pets that are devastated when they lose one of their "fur siblings". 

Please tell us more about Bear.  There is always someone here to lend advice and support you in your grief.  Blessings to you and your family.  Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
Bear01
Bear was a 3 year old Rottweiler we rescued two years ago. He was our gentle giant that was loved by anyone who met him. He was always with us and a very loving baby.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
That is so terribly sad! I love Rottweilers and I love that you rescued Bear! You must be devastated to lose him! Do you think perhaps he had an adverse reaction to the injection? Has the vet been able to shed any light on what might have happened? Please keep us posted.
I am so very sorry for your loss!
MJ
Quote 0 0
camunki
ooooh Bear01, I am so sorry for the loss of your Rotti and so young. I myself, own a Rotti now, and i love her personality, she is sweet and caring, and yes a gentle giant to say the least. And as Baily15 said, that is great that you "rescued", and i am sure beyond words now for what has happened. When you read posts on here you will see alot of stories of young dogs/pets taken away at a young age for so many different reasons, and yes it is sad.

Please know the first few days/weeks even going into months will be a rollercoaster of emotions........and please keep coming back & know you are not alone!

Cam

Quote 0 0
dkinney
Hi Bear01,
I'm sorry about the passing of your sweet baby Bear. I don't think the pain ever goes away. Jenny, our Corgi, was 9. She was close to me as well as my boyfriend. There's something about Corgis. They are a special breed of dog. She was the sweetest dog ever but she also had spunk. I honestly believe we have both seen her around the house since her passing back in January. If we ever decide to adopt another Corgi it will be to honor Jenny. She was my heart and my best friend. I am blessed to have her in my life. I believe we will see her again one day. I pray that all of us on this forum can heal. All I can say is try to focus on the joy your sweet baby gave you. Take care. God bless. ((HUGS)))
Quote 0 0
Ell99
dear bear mum/dad. i am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful bear and in such a tragic/sudden way.as susan said you have done the best thing coming to this forum where we are all grieving. all i can say from what i have learned in the last 5 weeks from my loss and i just would rather be honest- is that it is a very difficult time. you will cry alot - every day probably, also so many other things cant sleep or eat. the only advice is to take one day at a time. that is all you can do. this is a horrible process but if you know that its OK to be so sad you will not wonder if your going crazy like i thought i was. im still very lost but my crying is easing up a little- and that is after 5 weeks. my home is still empty and my life never the same but all i and you and everyone can do is one day at a time. hugs. elle
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I am so very sorry for your loss of Bear.  To lose him so suddenly is heartbreaking for your family and other fur baby. We lost our dog Jim 6 months ago, and the first week or two was so painful - I couldn`t eat or sleep, couldn`t be bothered with anyone or anything. It will slowly start to get a little better for you, though everyone is different - I still cry for Jim, but can look back and realise just how lucky we were to have shared our lives with him.  He was a rescue dog whom we adopted at 4 months - some horrible person had cut his tail off - but we loved him for the next 17 years. 
 Just coming to this forum will help you so much,  everyone here understands exactly how you feel right now - just take it a day or even hour at a time, and give your other fur baby extra hugs, as animals are so aware when something is wrong.  Take care.
                                                         Hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Please accept my condolences on the loss of your "Bear". I agree, they really are beautiful dogs. Grieving is tough there no question. I think that crying as much as you need to is good as you need to grieve before you can begin to heal from your tragic loss. I hope you are able to find the answers you need as to what happened. Take good care!
S.
Quote 0 0
Roccosmommy
I have learned grief is not linear. You don't get better and better each day. You have some horrible days where you cry all day. Then a good day where you smile at a silly memory. Then an even worse day the next day.
Knowing that we all feel this horrible loss together and I'm not alone in my sadness is what helps me the most.
Quote 0 0