SweetChako
 Last night our beloved family dog, Chako, was hit and killed by a car. She was a beautiful black Golden Doodle. She was only 4 years old. I am not living at home anymore, so I did not get to see her everyday, but she was our dog. My Mom is absolutely devastated. Chako was always there for her, through thick and thin. My Mom has always worried about being alone, and I always told her that she had Chako. I was expecting her to have Chako for at least 10 more years. Although this kind of thing could never come at a good time, it is also my Mom's birthday today. I met her this morning and we took Chako to the vet to be cremated. I can't bear to see my Mom this way.

She was the perfect dog. She was always so happy. She was such a prancer when she walked. She was always excited to meet new people and be loved by them. She had the sweetest eyes imaginable. She was the deepest loving creature I have ever met. We have lost dogs before, but they all lived full lives, and the time was expected, so we had a chance to prepare as much as possible. This pain is just unbearable. I don't remember how to heal. I have been crying since last night, and I can't focus on anything. I feel like if I would try to distract myself, and stop thinking about it, I would be disrespecting Chako. I miss her so much!
Quote 0 0
Bubsmom
I'm so sorry for your loss.  Even though I had my kitty for 11 years, I didn't expect him to go so suddenly.  He was healthy on Saturday, and we put him to sleep Wed morning.  It never makes any sense, and I could have written almost your exact post two days ago.  My first day, I couldn't even accept it as reality.  There was just no possible way that it could have happened.  I cried and cried.  I couldn't eat or drink or sleep.  I felt so silly, because I couldn't even think about vacuuming up his pet hair off the floor, that it would some how remove him entirely from our home.  I wanted to cling to every little bit of him.  I just couldn't come to terms with it.      

This website really helped me.  I knew I was not alone, and that people understood the immense grief I was experiencing.  Everybody here, is here for people like me and you.  We know that one day, all the sad last moments will subside, and we'll remember more and more of the good memories.  Even if we can't imagine that time right now, it will come.  Talk it out here as much as you need to.  My heart goes out to you and your family.
Quote 0 0
donnalee

I am so sorry for you and your Mom of this unexpected loss of your treasured friend and family member.  Chako sounds like such a wonderful being.  I know it is double-difficult for you because you have to see your mom hurting so much.  Please know that everyone here understands and will be here for you as you grieve this huge loss in your lives.  Because Chako is loved so deeply, the pain will be deep as well.   I know it is hard but we will be here to see you through. 

Quote 0 0
SweetChako
Thank you both for your kind words. I have lost pets before, but none of them were this sudden, and I just don't remember how to heal. I really appreciate you sharing your stories with me!
Quote 0 0
Bubsmom
It's amazing the love we feel for our little ones.  And I believe that the bond we have with them never goes away, and their little spirits always stay with us and look after us.  Your heart and body will grieve, and it takes it's own time.  But, I've found though the pain is still there, that it's a little less than yesterday, and a little less than the day before.  Take your time, and know that everybody is here for you.  Talk it out as much as you need to.  
Quote 0 0
mybuddy
i know how you feel.. i lost my my precious buddy the same way..i have lost pets before, but losing buddy was different..it has been little over a month and i still cry for him every day. he was just x-tra special to me as your precious chako was to you. just know you are not alone...being able to have this place to talk to others and hear their stories has helped me so much and i hope it gives you a little peace as well..one day at a time....
Quote 0 0
Woodypatty
I am so sorry for your loss of Chako. I lost my 4 year old Lhasa Raven the same way. My heart was broken and her death hit me harder than previous pets. The pain does get better but the process is slow. Most of my days are manageable now but triggers send me back at times and did so recently. My Raven was also a great dog so gentle and loving. I know how much you must miss your Chako. Come here and write about Chako and your feelings. It helps if only a little. I know the support here has been my sanity through this difficult time. Maybe your Mom could also find some comfort here. This site also has a good Monday night memorial service. I wish you peace.  Patty
Quote 0 0