Ras93710
My name is Robert, my wife's name is Donna......we just Lost our Boxer , Jeter ....he would have been 17 in Feb. I never thought it would be this hard...... I loved him so much. I just want to hold him again.. i just hope he knew he was loved I feel like I let him down Sorry.....I will write more later I just can't right now........thank u
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Dear Robert and Donna,
I am so sorry about what happened with your Jeter. I understand your loss of words. The pain is so strong sometimes. Come back when you are ready if you wish, and talk about Jeter.
Bless his Soul. He will be okay where he has gone.....
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Ras93710
Thank u so much
Quote 0 0
Avabear
Robert and Donna,  I understand your pain, the feeling of loss is overwhelming and all of the what if's and did I do enought/not do enough.  We punish ourselves for taking them for granted, we remember every time we didn't have time for them, were to busy/tired for every time we shouted at them or missed a walk.  This is all normal and part of the greiving process it is the most pain I have ever experienced, it's more than words can describe and more that you ever think you will survive but just know there are people her that understand your pain, whilst some in the real world may just see it as a dog and not understand, everyone here does.  So when your ready there will be plenty of people here to offer support and kind words.  It's been the only thing that has got me through the last week.
Avabears mummy

'It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.' Anon

Quote 0 0
Ras93710
I appreciate you taking the time to write.......thank u
Quote 0 0
Nancyj
Robert and Donna, I'm so sorry for your loss.  I think grieving over the loss of a pet in many ways is harder than losing a human family member.  They depended on us and in the end, they depended on us to make the final decision for them.  You had him for a lot of years and I know you are grateful for that.  How wonderful!   We all feel some guilt in letting them go.  I had to put my cat Timmer down yesterday.  I only had him in my life for 8 years but my life revolved around him.  Like you, my heart aches to hold him one more time.  I was sitting in the car after running an errand this morning and I just broke down, screaming and crying.  It hurts so much.  
I don't want to sound cliche, but time will help.  I've lost many kitties and it never ended well and was always painful.  The pain is so raw what you and I are feeling now.  But after a time, the last terrible moments will fade and all the good times and love will surface and prevail.  Why?  Because you had so many more wonderful days with him and that is what is important.
It's hard going through this.  I could go on and on and on.  If it helps you both to come on here and write something, keep doing it.  I just joined the forum myself today and is already helping me to know I'm not alone and gives me a chance to be with folks who understand how i feel.
God bless.
Nancy
Quote 0 0