wolfshadoww
Yesterday, my boyfriend and I went back to that same Petco, once again, for dog food... and found kittens. We picked them up and played with them and I went back and forth inside my mind if I really wanted to take the next step.

Inititally, I decided that I wanted to "Think about it more" and we left the store and didn't get very far when  he convinced me that these new fur babies fit all the criteria I had been looking for with new kittens.

They are a brother/sister pair. The male appears to have some Siamese and the female seems to have some orange Tabby. So far they are lots of fun- don't have names yet.

I didn't realize until late last night that it was 3 months exactly to the day that Spider died. I think he was trying to urge us into this. I gave the new kittens his old blanket and they immediately loved it and started pushing their claws  into it and purring.

All is well-- now to raise the youngsters!

R.I.P. Spider 7-16-10

You were very loved and will always, always be missed.
Quote 0 0
laddy

Congrats on the new additions. They are adorable.

Quote 0 0
judylinn

what adorable new babies, they just look so tender and innocent, which they are. Congrats. let us know how they are doing. Judy :)

Quote 0 0
Polly
Congratulations! They are absolutely adorable kittens and I know Spider had a paw in introducing them to you.

Polly 
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Wolfshadoww,

I'm so glad you got two new babies!  Good for you.  They are so precious.  I know they are so much fun too.  It's so neat that you got two babies and brother and sister to boot!  They will be so lucky to have you as their momma!

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
GrievingGinger
omg, how precious!  Congrats on the new addition :)
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
Congratulations on your new babies.  I wish you many years of health and happiness.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
nicokudo
wolfshadow,

They are so beautiful!  Your Spider would be so happy for all of you. I think that it is a very positive sign that they liked Spider's old blanket and were purring there. I too  think that Spider had a paw in all of this.

Karen

Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Quote 0 0
Rottiesmammandaddy

Congrats on your newest editions, they look wonderful and I agree that Spider had a paw in on it. Good luck with the babies.

In Loving Memory of Rottie, our baby boy
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/ROTTI002/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
KimK
Congratulations on your adorable new babies.  I am so happy for you!

Best wishes for a lifetime of love, health, and spoiling.

Kim
Quote 0 0
wolfshadoww
Thank you everyone, we are so excited to have them! So far, they haven't met their big brother and sister-- the two dogs (weimaraner and a choc lab puppy). All the kids are aware of each other, just separated for now.

We haven't named them yet-- the names feel like they are on the tip of my tongue, though.

Here's another picture of the two and of their big brother and sister. We actually adopted the lab puppy back in August. The idea was to keep the other dog company while we were at work, since her friend, Spider, had died.

What a housefull of furry wonder we have!

Thanks so much for all of your love and support here. I have been so thankful to be able to talk to others that understand.

R.I.P. Spider 7-16-10

Quote 0 0
niki
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU

NIKI XX
Quote 0 0
TxGuy

Too cute!  I am so happy you have two new furbabies!  As I heal, I know I will also welcome a new baby into my home. I have also decided to get two kittens when I decide the time is right.

Quote 0 0
wolfshadoww
You will definitely know when the time is right. There was no doubt in my mind once I got these two home.

For the curious, we have decided to name them Dante and Blaze for now. Blaze for her orange fur and Dante because we both liked how it fit him (and I'm a bit of a fan of the book Dante's Inferno).

The names are fitting for many reasons on many levels.

R.I.P. Spider 7-16-10

Quote 0 0
Polly
Fantastic names and absolutely adorable babies. I'm so happy for you.

Polly
Quote 0 0