Tankie12
Thinking how veterans are so often drawn to each other. I always thought I knew why and I did, but until now I didn’t quite know the depth of the need for each other that they share. I am by no means making a comparison between war and the brutality of what they experienced to us. But I understand the need to be understood. Thank you Ginny for bringing this forum togather so we can share our loss and grief with those who “ Get it” and to all of you who have shown me compassion and love in the midst of your own grief. I am truly grateful, Lynn
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
msweet13
Amen
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
I second that. Thank you all for being here during this painful journey ❤️
Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
Amen.
Quote 0 0
AZTiger98
I agree
David

Daddy to beloved fur baby Stormy
08/2003 - 05/19/18
Stormy’s Residency https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/STORM059/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Grateful here also. I don't think people should grieve all alone. It's way too hard to try to get through it without being able to talk about the suffering with someone. 
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 1 0
Purzel
Lynn, thank you for opening this thread as it gives me the opportunity to thank everyone here and of course thanks to Ginny who made this all possible.

Grieving a pet can be a very lonely journey as so many people in "real life" expect you to get over it within no time. Noone really wants to hear your grief, your pain, your stories and noone really wants to see your tears especially if the tears flow over weeks or months on end. I partly do understand because there is this fear to deal with pain and the feeling of being "speechless" towards it.

So yes, thank you all in here for comforting one another in such loving way and of course for comforting me. It is so wonderful and I guess quite rare that noone is ever left alone in this forum. Around the clock that is, always someone will be at our side.

Blessings to all of you

Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Yes! You said it so perfectly. I am a night griever since that’s my only privacy. Some have a partner to share the lingering pain and mourning with, and maybe some have to grieve alone, or longer than their partner. I can write to her in my Tankie journal and more frequently come here. Ha, guess Ginny started the “ me too” movement of pet mourners! Damn! I just about made myself laugh! but I wish it was never needed, I wish we could all wake up one morning to find this was all a horrible nightmare and our beloved pets were a gift for life. How wonderful would that be!!?? If wishes were dreams that came true😔 how I wish
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0