Bellesmommy
Hi all. Hope all are doing as good as can be under the circumstances of the pandemic and our gur baby's concerns. I became a member in frbr to my.baby was acting weird. Not eating, lost weight, so on. The vet mentioned possible cancer. Needless to say I phased out after that. All blood work was good. Her vitals good as well. She was diabetic in 2016. After my (now ex) husband gave her insulin shots 2 x daily for a week she went into remission. I changed her diet then to canned food only. Was fancy feast. He divorced me in 2017. It was a horrible divorce. I had to move from our house with land into section 8 housing to being disabled with low income.  To I live in a top 10 college town the cost of living us very high. As well as the section 8 housing choices are scarce and of  poor quality. I had to keep my baby on a harness and leash at one place. One tenant told  on me for not doing so. I truly didn't think not doing so would be a problem to I had a i.d. tag on her and always stayed with her. She's always been very easily spooked so is no riskb to humans.  To i wanted her to be able to frolic without restraint as had at our home/ house with land I used the small settlement had left from divorce to buy a mobile home in a decent area with land. About 6 weeks after moving in she started acting ill however.  I vwas I'll with what seemed like a bad cold for about a month then too. I now wonder if I contracted the covid-19 virus and it affected her. Anyway. After taking her to the vet twice since then (with high costs. She has beconme irate so has to be gassed to work with now. I do not like this) she is totally healthy. I just had x-rays of hips to she has obvious pain when getting situated on couch. She has osteoarthritis in them and knees. They gave her a shot for pain then. and it made her like a zombie and she didn't  eat  eat for about two days. She's back to normal now but her normal niwnus sleeping ba lot. Or just laying around. Doesn't do much when we go outside, though she loves to go outside still. She doesn't come when I call for her when inside as much or respond to my behaviors as much. I have both autoimmune arthritis and osteoarthritis so know the physical pain of them. I've been using some cool pack and heating pad on her hips as well as attempting to tubbthrm, but she doesn't like me touching her much anymore. Except to be brushed. She loves being brushed. I'm crying often now to the though of having to return her to heaven solely to her pain. However,  she is healthy otherwise I want to help treat the o.a. to  keep  her with me longer.  It's been just the 2 of us for the past three years now. I can't stand thinking of not having her with me.  Any tips on helping her with her o.a. be so appreciated. Apparently n.s.a.i.d.s are not used for animals. Though I've been on them since a toddler basically. I've no problems with kidney's to so.  Thx. much all and God bless
Quote 0 0
kikis_mom_1118
CBD oil. I believe my girl had cancer but was not tested. She would shake in pain so I bought CBD oil and gave her 3 to 4 drops and she responded very well. 
Quote 0 0
Bellesmommy
I'm not big on the CBD oil trend. I don't like just covering the symptoms . Aka: the pain. I like  to treat the problems.  You said you believe your girl had cancer but wasn't tested. She shook. And the oil helped. What was the outcome? 
Quote 0 0
kikis_mom_1118
The CBD oil helped with pain relief. It is also good for anxiety and inflammation. It kept her calm and relaxed. She was also on carprofen and it worked for a little while but she would start shaking from pain. She was able to function but the time came when she could not get up so I had to euthanize her. She hadn't eaten in 3 days and stopped moving. I'm sure you will do your research and find what will work best for your situation 
Quote 0 0
Bellesmommy
So cbd oil does help with inflammation? My baby has always be easily spooked and sensitive. She's much like me in her personality. I tend  to get anxious anxious about stuff. The past 3 years have be very hard on us both to moved 3 times to my unwanted divorce. She's been subject to being around dogs everywhere we've lived. I've never been a dog person so never had any. My baby was only a few weeks old when she wondered up the road to my house when I was married. We had no dog's. We had a lot of land for  her to roam around on. 

She has been doing kind of a jerking thing in her upper body area when lying by.me on couch resting. I have a good friend who's much older than I that's a cat person too. She has a 16 year old cat too. She said hers do this  when sleeping are dreaming. But my baby's not totally asleep often when does this. I've had her CBC (complete blood count) done many times the past few years to keep tabs on her sugar. All has been perfect. Her sugars been tad high last couple times. Probably to she's getting more upset when go to vet. I think to dogs there and just the environment of being around others. She's never liked other humans really. She's getting  worse with age.

I just don't want her to become addicted to pain stuff. You know, so she doesn't do anything but lay around. I want something to  helph relax more and move a little more freely. 

It does sound like the CBD oil would help her some. Did your vet recommend it? 

I read about your baby. Sounds like yours probably did have cancer. I'm very sorry for your pains. Thx. so much for caring about us. 
Quote 0 0