animal_qwackers

WATCHING ME WITHOUT YOU

The pendulum of time swings relentlessly on,
There are moments I still can't believe you're all gone.
My ethereal visitors, loyal and true.
Adoring eyes, watching me without you.

Many paws check in and stay close to me,
Checking out again ever so soundlessly.
Unconditional love you bring through and through, 
As you're watching me without you.

Precious memories I cherish every day that I live
Deep love in my heart, oh, so much to give.
I have to accept, what more can I do?
Don’t stop watching me without you.

Your energy I sense, your spirit I feel,
If only the physical part could be real.
Bearing the black days, bearing the blue,
While you're watching me without you.

That day will arrive when I’m with you again,
When laughter will conquer the crippling pain.
Together forever, our lives started anew.
No more watching me without you.

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Wendy, How beautiful and bittersweet! 
     "Many paws check in and stay close to me
      Checking out again ever so soundlessly"   Their spirits are so lovely and perfect now. I treasure those visits from Coco as they are a reminder that she is still there, loving me, calming me, before she returns to her heavenly abode with her friends. Tears Wendy, tears for them, and for us!!!...........................Sincerely, Andrea.
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Dear Wendy
what a beautiful words and sentiment, this speaks for all of us who are  bereft at the loss of their beloved companions

As always, thank you for sharing your wonderful poems and prose, you have a true gift!!

You and all your dear ones are in my thoughts and prayers

In Friendship,
Diana

Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Andrea and Diana, a million thanks once again for your support and feedback on my poem. The words are so true and you obviously identify with them extremely well. We have all experienced the grief, are still going through the sadness. I don't think that ever leaves us; we simply have to learn to accept what is.

Your replies to my posts are always most welcome. It is a comfort to know that I can come onto this forum and be in the company of like-minded people.

Hugs to you both and your beloved friends.

Wendy 

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
LulusMom
Wendy,

Thank you so much for posting on Lulu's and Tubby's forum - your kind words are appreciated more than I can say!

As devastated as I am, I am heartsick for you losing 3 furbabies so close together. You took such good care of Solly, Gonzo and Bonnie, so have no regrets as God had a different plan for them.  I know it is difficult to think that way, I struggle with it every day. Sometimes I wonder if our pets would have any idea what their passing means to us, how difficult it is to get up in the morning and go about the day, missing them every second.

I have two other rescue cats, and one other dog who is a year old. As busy as I am with them, they don't fill the void of what I have lost, nor would any of them ever replace Lulu and Tubby.

Blessings to you and praying for comfort and healing coming your way.

Barb
Quote 0 0