Mitzi
I have been absent from this forum for many years, since my beloved cat/friend went to the Bridge. Time heals, I still have my 2 dogs and a new cat. Although she will never replace my former friend, she is part of my family. To all of you grieving the recent loss of a friend, know that ,even if it seems imposible, it will get better, be strong and believe.
What I wanted to talk to you about is something happening in my state of NM which should have all the pets owners in alert. Small dogs are snatched from their own backyards and the authorities think that they are used as bait in dogs fights. So please, protect your friend, when you leave keep him inside. Better cleaning up a mess when you come back than have your friend face an horrific death.
My thoughts are with all of you.
Quote 0 0
AliceM
Hi Mitzi, I am from NM.  Can you tell me in which part of the state this is happening?
Thanks.
Alice
Quote 0 0
Mitzi
I am in Albuquerque.
Quote 0 0
AliceM
Carlsbad here.  I haven't heard of anything like that going on here.  That would be such a horrible thing to happen to an animal.  Thanks.
Quote 0 0
Apollo_the_great
There are terrible people in this world.
William
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
Mitzi wrote:
I have been absent from this forum for many years, since my beloved cat/friend went to the Bridge. Time heals, I still have my 2 dogs and a new cat. Although she will never replace my former friend, she is part of my family. To all of you grieving the recent loss of a friend, know that ,even if it seems imposible, it will get better, be strong and believe. What I wanted to talk to you about is something happening in my state of NM which should have all the pets owners in alert. Small dogs are snatched from their own backyards and the authorities think that they are used as bait in dogs fights. So please, protect your friend, when you leave keep him inside. Better cleaning up a mess when you come back than have your friend face an horrific death. My thoughts are with all of you.

Thank you for posting this. It happens far too frequently in Florida as well, with not only small dogs but larger ones as well, especially pit bulls which are common here. Yes, keep your dogs inside where they're SAFE at all times, and monitor them at any time they're outside. As you said, no mess is worth the life and safety of our beloved pets. They trust us to not only love and feed them, but to protect them as well. We owe it to our animals to do just that!

Another HUGE issue here is posting dogs for free or only a small fee on craigslist. It's been reported that the horrible "people" who engage in dog fighting are constantly getting many breeds of dogs on craigslist, impersonating good people who want a dog to love and provide a good home. Instead, they're used in dog fights or abused beyond belief. It's so sad and inhumane.

Also, just last week an operation calling itself a "pet sanctuary" was discovered to be actually gathering up dogs, horses, goats, etc. for slaughter to be sold illegally as MEAT for human consumption!! Most of the dogs were said to have been obtained through ads on craigslist. Over 50 animals were rescued and transferred to shelters to be readied for adoption. One of the rescuers even adopted a little baby goat which was intended for slaughter. What the heck is wrong with people?

If humans treated all animals with the respect they deserve, the world would be a much better place.

[580892_406076716117887_1116497628_n]

"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
I couldn't agree more
We have to speak up for them
Thanks for posting.. If if makes just one person reading this to stop and think, at least one furbaby can be saved from a gruesome fate
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
Apollo_the_great
People who are involved with animals fighting, should be made to fight other animals fighter's. The hell with them.
William
Quote 0 0
Apollo_the_great
Let's see how much they love it.
William
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
Personally, I'd like to see done to the abuser exactly the same thing(s) that were done to the abused animal. Exactly the same.

[get-happy-be-kind-to-animals1]
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
Apollo_the_great
Eye for an eye
William
Quote 0 0